Not open for further replies.
49ers - LB - Ezra Butler - Nevada
49ers - WR - Robert Jordan - California

Patriots - P - Mike Dragosavich - North Dakota State
Patriots - DE - Chris Norwell - Illinois
Ravens - TE - Scott Kuhn - Louisville

Last edited:
Bucs - DT - Tywain Myles - Tarleton St.

It's also reported here: http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2008/04/2008-undrafted-free-agent-signings.html

BB really gave the fans what they wanted this year in drafting of LBs and giving them the punter everyone wanted in Drago.

Weird, that has Nehemiah Warrick going to the Saints, but reports have him at the Giants.

That also misspelled Grice-Mullen as Grice-Mullins, probably from the same source as NE_PATS_FAN_54, since he originally also had that misspelling.

Everything else on that page though is in this thread.

Ravens - CB - Isaiah Wiggins - Illinois State

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

END OF DRAFT SPARKS “MASS CONFUSION”
Posted by Mike Florio on April 27, 2008, 9:55 p.m.

With the draft over, the 32 NFL teams are lining up flocks of players who weren’t drafted as free agents.

As one league source tells us, it’s currently “mass confusion” as teams try to get dibs on the guys they want.

“There’s got to be a better way,” the source said.

The problem is that the players often are facing ultimatums from teams who have contract offers on the table right now, and the players’ agents don’t have a full and fair chance to scope out other possibilities. The risk in turning the Sunday night “take it or leave it” offer down is that, in the end, that offer might have been the best and/or only one.

So why not prevent any free agents from signing until 24 or 36 hours after the draft ends? It would allow players to intelligently assess their options before making a decision.

It’s widely believed that it’s better for players not to be drafted than to be drafted late in the process, since the player who isn’t drafted might find a better fit with a franchise that didn’t choose to use a draft pick to land him.

Last edited:
Per my boy Tom Casale:

Cardinals - LB - Ali Highsmith - LSU

He also has Warrick to the Giants.

Weird, that has Nehemiah Warrick going to the Saints, but reports have him at the Giants.

That also misspelled Grice-Mullen as Grice-Mullins, probably from the same source as NE_PATS_FAN_54, since he originally also had that misspelling.

Everything else on that page though is in this thread.
hey pats1, I'm using this thread as part of my searching, so I did get the Grice-Mullen thing wrong from NE PATS 54. It is corrected now, thanks!

Well, I think this is a good stopping point. There seems to be a lull in the action. See you tomorrow morning, guys.

OK, maybe I lied:

Raiders - RB - Louis Rankin - Washington
Rams - OG - Stephen Sene - Liberty

Brett Kern, a Grand Island native and four-year punter for one of UB’s Mid-American Conference rivals, Toledo, signed a free agent contract with the Denver Broncos shortly after the draft concluded.

“It was a long day,” Kern said Sunday by phone from his apartment in Toledo. “We went to church in the morning, then went out to eat. It was a tough year for punters, not a lot of teams needed them, we knew that going in.”

The Washington Redskins picked Georgia Tech’s Durant Brooks early in the sixth round. No other punters were drafted.

Kern said the Broncos told him earlier in the week they planned to use their draft picks to fill other needs but would be calling as soon as they made their final selection. The Colts, Baltimore Ravens and New England Patriots also called his agent Sunday.
http://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/gnnsports_story_118220855.html

52 punts, 46.1 Avg this season. Dragosavich is more intriguing.

Some are claiming the Patriots signed TE Jon Stupar from Virginia. He's an Al Groh kid, so I wonder if he talks to BB.

Stupar is really talented, one of the top TEs coming out of Prep, but he does have a heart condition, which is probably why he wasn't drafted.

This would be fantastic. He\\\'s one of the few guys I wanted. Hopefully he can stick.

Seems like a nice UDFA signing but why is it or so it seems that every time the Pats sign a punter or kicker that by the time he reaches Foxboro and begins kicking, his average per punt goes down about 10 yards. :D

Last edited:
Per my boy Tom Casale:

Cardinals - LB - Ali Highsmith - LSU

He also has Warrick to the Giants.

d%#*!@t!!!!!!!:enranged:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday