PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyrod Taylor Staying in Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a lot of teams in a worse position in terms of QB, this guy is serviceable with some upside. The problem in Buffalo is ownership, GMing, coaching, culture.

He is "good". So, in that respect, it means BUF could beat NE once, if everything goes well. But "good" isn't going to get you the big one, unless you have a Denver 2015 D & things go your way...

They could do worse, but why "play for good" would be my question ? (Though if I hadn't cheered for anything good in years, maybe it'd be different)

That's great news for the Pats.

While I mostly agree that Taylor isn't all that, he is at least an average level starter. I was hoping they'd get rid of him and draft another bust at QB. That way it would push a good player down to us in the draft, and we'd have another decade of hilarity against Buffalo.

While I mostly agree that Taylor isn't all that, he is at least an average level starter. I was hoping they'd get rid of him and draft another bust at QB. That way it would push a good player down to us in the draft, and we'd have another decade of hilarity against Buffalo.

Taylor sucks. Calling him an average starter is almost an insult to average starters.

Decent backup. Not an NFL starting QB.

Bills fans call him "T-Mobile". LMAO

That's all you need to know how badly they wanted him back.

I think there's a lot of teams in a worse position in terms of QB, this guy is serviceable with some upside. The problem in Buffalo is ownership, GMing, coaching, culture.

He is "good". So, in that respect, it means BUF could beat NE once, if everything goes well. But "good" isn't going to get you the big one, unless you have a Denver 2015 D & things go your way...

They could do worse, but why "play for good" would be my question ? (Though if I hadn't cheered for anything good in years, maybe it'd be different)

I would say both these are true. One of those guys who is not good enough but pretty solid. It is a bad spot to be honestly cause it is hard to justify letting him go and rebuilding which probably takes you back to 2-14 or 3-13 while you look for the next QB but it beats the other way.

No team does the "lets build around a so-so QB long term with good players" model better than KC. Locking Smith up long term helped them get into the playoffs more than not but they are now stuck there and the final 4 seems like the ceiling if everything goes right.

The big news for the Pats is one less NFL quality QB on the board. Need for Jimmy stays up as we were never going to trade him to the Bills anyway. Good signing for the Pats.

I say we still have the 2 best quarterbacks in the AFCE.

Give Brissett another training camp and we might have 3 of the 4 best QBs (AFCE).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST