PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyquan Thornton Having a Tough Camp

runs bad routes... no reason he shouldn't post up 700+ yards a year with his speed except he runs bad routes... good cut or two would get him all he needs to be a success... he hasnt shown the ability
Don’t take this the wrong way because I’m not comparing him to great receivers but there are a lot of tall lanky guys built like him who simply don’t have the ability to make those cuts in the short game. Douglas has a bigger advantage there being so close to the ground. But there are things these long striders can do downfield. When he’s running long I’ve seen him do sluggos, posts, double moves, and he’s so fast he’s a problem

One of several things may be happening:

1. Mac can’t hit him long so TTs best asset is useless

2. He can’t block so he’s double useless in the short game.

3. He’s injured so much he has no rapport with Mac

4. He’s a poor practice player so he doesn’t earn his spot.

Any one or all of this can be true.

If/when he’s cut free from the Patriots, I would not be surprised to see him have that 800 yard a season success elsewhere.

runs bad routes... no reason he shouldn't post up 700+ yards a year with his speed except he runs bad routes... good cut or two would get him all he needs to be a success... he hasnt shown the ability
Another thing of note that I've seen someone post. Troy brown. Is he not coaching these guys up? Are they not taking the coaching? He's the WRs coach..

Don’t take this the wrong way because I’m not comparing him to great receivers but there are a lot of tall lanky guys built like him who simply don’t have the ability to make those cuts in the short game. Douglas has a bigger advantage there being so close to the ground. But there are things these long striders can do downfield. When he’s running long I’ve seen him do sluggos, posts, double moves, and he’s so fast he’s a problem

One of several things may be happening:

1. Mac can’t hit him long so TTs best asset is useless

2. He can’t block so he’s double useless in the short game.

3. He’s injured so much he has no rapport with Mac

4. He’s a poor practice player so he doesn’t earn his spot.

Any one or all of this can be true.

If/when he’s cut free from the Patriots, I would not be surprised to see him have that 800 yard a season success elsewhere.
Fair enough.

Another thing of note that I've seen someone post. Troy brown. Is he not coaching these guys up? Are they not taking the coaching? He's the WRs coach..
Some times when you have crap, the only thing you get to eat is a crap sandwich...

Or he's just a bad coach... If that's the case, I hope they fix it for next year

Great player...but by the looks of things, he's hitting the gym and the team "nutritionist" than teaching these guys how to run routes.

Patriots legend. Bad coach.

Great player...but by the looks of things, he's hitting the gym and the team "nutritionist" than teaching these guys how to run routes.

Patriots legend. Bad coach.
You could be right... he looks better than he did now then when he was a player.

Some times when you have crap, the only thing you get to eat is a crap sandwich...

Or he's just a bad coach... If that's the case, I hope they fix it for next year
Well as fans we are all sick from the crap they have been serving us each Sunday.

So I'll say. If you haven't gotten to see the post game from Godchaux.

He said " they traded they best edge guys".. we still couldn't take advantage.. we thought this week was the week to turn it around.. it's ridiculous we couldn't beat a team without they best edge guys..

His exact words. Clear shot at the offense. This team is divided.

No truer words have been spoken
Yes sir.. we need an entire roster.. I'd never thought is say this about my patriots.... Mac is likely after next season going to be a career backup some where in the NFL.

Yes sir.. we need an entire roster.. I'd never thought is say this about my patriots.... Mac is likely after next season going to be a career backup some where in the NFL.
We have talent on this roster. There are some good football players out there.

There are also some not so good players out there. Injuries aren't an excuse. They serve to pointedly illustrate the lack of quality depth on this team.

We will see what happens moving forward. Going to be an interesting off season, that's for sure.

And don't get me started on Mac... Just can't deal with that mess on a Monday morning

We have talent on this roster. There are some good football players out there.

There are also some not so good players out there. Injuries aren't an excuse. They serve to pointedly illustrate the lack of quality depth on this team.

We will see what happens moving forward. Going to be an interesting off season, that's for sure.

And don't get me started on Mac... Just can't deal with that mess on a Monday morning
We do have talent in certain positions on the roster. I know we are decimated by injury in wich you said isn't an excuse. At this point we know Mac isn't the answer. We are continually shown proof each weak of all the deficiency on this roster. However winning cures all.. as loosing exposes all.. JK was was overheard saying we just aren't good, the issues with JC, the post games interviews from peppers and Godchaux..

It's clear this team has internal issues. I've been so optimistic as fan. However you'd think guys would step up.. it feels like each week we witness opponents with better rosters and better QB play.

We do have talent in certain positions on the roster. I know we are decimated by injury in wich you said isn't an excuse. At this point we know Mac isn't the answer. We are continually shown proof each weak of all the deficiency on this roster. However winning cures all.. as loosing exposes all.. JK was was overheard saying we just aren't good, the issues with JC, the post games interviews from peppers and Godchaux..

It's clear this team has internal issues. I've been so optimistic as fan. However you'd think guys would step up.. it feels like each week we witness opponents with better rosters and better QB play.
Better QB play = better roster

Howell is miles ahead of Mac

This WR corps is right up there with 2006. 2006 had a real 3rd down back however. This team lacks that, and it's preposterous to think they couldn't use one with this QB.

This WR corps is right up there with 2006. 2006 had a real 3rd down back however. This team lacks that, and it's preposterous to think they couldn't use one with this QB.
I'd beg to say the 06 WR'S were better than what we have now. No 3rd down back, no slot WR..

I keep hearing the "we have good players" thing. Where are they? I think he have a few but right now this is probably the worst roster in the league from the top down.
That's exactly.. my assessment. We have " some players" at certain positions. But at the skill positions we have NONE of impact. It's clear the defense is disgusted with the offense..

That's exactly.. my assessment. We have " some players" at certain positions. But at the skill positions we have NONE of impact. It's clear the defense is disgusted with the offense..
I give Tavai a lot of credit for that punch out yesterday. Washington was cruising and it looked like it was going to be 17-0 and it would be a repeat of the Saints game where they just check out on D because the offense can't move the ball but that play seemed to wake them up and they at least made it competitive.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back