Two Thuney tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Redskins dysfunction with Bruce Allen, Dan Snyder runs deep

Thuney, 26, has quietly become one of the league’s best offensive lineman. According to a source, the Patriots have been approached by multiple teams inquiring about Thuney’s availability, but were told he’s a core piece.

A fun story on the former third-round pick out of N.C. State… Entering the combine, Thuney was advised not to answer all 50 questions on the Wonderlic test for fear he’d scare off teams with his intellect. Instead, he was instructed to answer only 39 questions, ensuring his score remained below 40. Thuney listened. He answered all 39 questions correctly.

He graduated NC State in just 3 years. He was his HS class president his senior year and was part of 2 HS state champions. Smart, popular and successful is a way to go through life and soon this former 3rd round pick will be very rich.

Cannon restructure
Thuney extension
Mason and Andrews already locked up
Rookie contract player in Wynn

O-line will be set for years, if they get Thuney's deal worked out.

Then Brady's extension, perhaps...

Lol! If that is true there's a lot of incompetent personnel people in the league.

I was running under the assumption NE wouldn’t be willing to pay Thuney big bucks, but (just like the Mason deal), I would very much endorse something getting done. He’s smart, he’s 26, he’s durable. By all accounts, he is a “glue-guy” and sometimes fans don’t put enough credence into that type of character and its importance.

I was running under the assumption NE wouldn’t be willing to pay Thuney big bucks, but (just like the Mason deal), I would very much endorse something getting done. He’s smart, he’s 26, he’s durable. By all accounts, he is a “glue-guy” and sometimes fans don’t put enough credence into that type of character and its importance.

Not to mention versatile.

Posted these in another thread. Scar is getting OL'm. After Thuney it'll be around 90-100 M guaranteed.

I said it all last while everyone else was slurping Brown & Mason :p. And for good reason although I think Thuney might have been our most consistent, versatile lineman when it comes to his technique, work on the los, 2nd level both pass/run game.

Anyway if healthy we have another top 5-10 OL for years to come w a Thuney signing.

So wait a minute.

Wonderlic is 50 questions in 12min. That's 14.4 seconds per question. He answered 39. So he sat there and twiddled his thumbs for 2 1/2 minutes and waited for the test to conclude.

Lol
Sounds like a weird (unlikely) story. Not saying it’s untrue, but rather that it leaves me with more questions than answers. A competitor TRIES to limit themselves while showcasing what they have to offer ? I dunno...

Sounds like a weird (unlikely) story. Not saying it’s untrue, but rather that it leaves me with more questions than answers. A competitor TRIES to limit themselves while showcasing what they have to offer ? I dunno...
Yea. I'm not questioning his intelligence or his grade. Just an odd tidbit. I just picture Thuney done w the test and looking around....

Lol! If that is true there's a lot of incompetent personnel people in the league.

If you're implying Thuney isn't worth the interest, then I strongly disagree. He may be our best all around OL, although Mason is a monster at pulling.

If you're implying Thuney isn't worth the interest, then I strongly disagree. He may be our best all around OL, although Mason is a monster at pulling.
I was referring to the wonderlic quote. Afraid of intelligence. That sounds incredibly dumb.

He has quick feet too

Funny story but sounds like another Bert Sugar sensationalized piece.

Don’t expect to keep him, but suppose it’d be neat if they did. The pro-Thuney folks clamoring for a pricey WR free agent hopefully would have a lick of understanding in offseason 2020 should they keep him, but surely they wouldn’t.

So how goddamn reliable is fansided.com? Because that is a hell of a ****ing anecdote.

Unfortunately in this salary cap era you cannot keep them all, either way Thuney will become a rich man and Scar will face another challenge to develop a replacement...

Sometimes I wonder what will happen after BB and guys like Scar, Fears and the rest of the extremely competent & loyal crew... IMO as great as Brady et al are, the consistency of key components of the coaching staff adds to all what we are witnessing..

If they keep Thuney that's speaking volume how good they think he is and how much better he can be. I'd say Thuney is a top 10 guard right now already and has room to get better in the run game.

I was referring to the wonderlic quote. Afraid of intelligence. That sounds incredibly dumb.
I don't doubt it. Look at some of the cluster**** operations around the league ( e.g. Washington, Cinn etc) and they are likely feeling threatened by a guy much smarter than themselves......

Remember when people whined about Belichick drafing Mason & Thuney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes