Tuesday Daily Rundown 5/31 - New England Patriots News and Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Tuesday Daily Rundown 5/31 - New England Patriots News and Notes

Ian Logue

Here's a quick rundown of this morning's top stories for Tuesday May 31st, 2016.

Continue reading...

You indicate that both Collins and Hightower are ahead of Butler with regard to negotiations. I agree. I suspect that Sheard is also ahead of Butler.

As everyone has pointed out, a large part of this is because Butler is an RFA next year, so that the patriots would get a 1st if he signs for someone else. Of course, the patriots would have the right to match.

I guess that Butler will have a vacation while the team tries to work out deals with these three.

Reactions: Ian
You indicate that both Collins and Hightower are ahead of Butler with regard to negotiations. I agree. I suspect that Sheard is also ahead of Butler.

As everyone has pointed out, a large part of this is because Butler is an RFA next year, so that the patriots would get a 1st if he signs for someone else. Of course, the patriots would have the right to match.

I guess that Butler will have a vacation while the team tries to work out deals with these three.
I think Miguel painted the best picture of the situation with his Tweets yesterday. I love Butler, but I'd have to put Collins and Hightower as the priority at this point purely based on the logic he mentioned surrounding the timing with each player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back