PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tua Tagovailoa injured today - considered serious

This report [I don't know the site]

Report: Tua Tagovailoa Feared to Have Suffered Serious Hip Fracture

indicates an acetabular posterior wall fracture; that is, a blowout of the back of the hip socket, with dislocation. If the dislocation was severe enough to compromise the blood supply to the joint he's looking at AVN and hip replacement. No football...

The injury interrupted the blood supply. The hip joint essentially died. Care in the first few hours very important- this fracture has significant risk of avascular necrosis

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night? :)

This report [I don't know the site]

Report: Tua Tagovailoa Feared to Have Suffered Serious Hip Fracture

indicates an acetabular posterior wall fracture; that is, a blowout of the back of the hip socket, with dislocation. If the dislocation was severe enough to compromise the blood supply to the joint he's looking at AVN and hip replacement. No football...
Chao has already commented on this. Lots of reports about the nature of the injury (NOT same as Bo). Risk of AVN is real, but not certain. Chao said the associated fracture was worse than just a dislocation.

I agree with your statement but no amount of payment equals what just happened to the kid. You’re looking at $50-$100 million over the course of his contract.
Of course, you'll never come close to what his potential earnings could have been but it's the right thing to do.

With the first round pick the dolphins select Tua!

Hopefully he had taken out an insurance policy.
He was that kid that was at every special camp honing his skills forever. Good family, I'd be surprised if they didn't set something up for him.

Chao has already commented on this. Lots of reports about the nature of the injury (NOT same as Bo). Risk of AVN is real, but not certain. Chao said the associated fracture was worse than just a dislocation.
The posterior wall fracture was the new bit of info there. I hadn't seen Chao mention that.

Saban **** the bed with that decision. He shouldn’t have even been playing in the first place. They could have ***** slapped Mississippi State without him and they had an FBS opponent the next week. And he damn sure shouldn’t have been playing once up 35-7 in the first half.

He looked and sounded guilty as sin during his post-game presser.

Could have happened first series vs Auburn - freak injury
Every injury is a freak occurrence. Tua was already in there with a high ankle sprain. He shouldn’t have been playing in the first place. It would have been a bad decision even if he just aggravated the sprain.

He looked and sounded guilty as sin during his post-game presser.
I am sure he feels awful - but players play. How often does Brady play in blowouts? You think he would feel better if it was versus LSU?

Every injury is a freak occurrence. Tua was already in there with a high ankle sprain. He shouldn’t have been playing in the first place. It would have been a bad decision even if he just aggravated the sprain.
Bama did a good job of leaking how uncertain his status was for LSU. Tons of bs floating around the week leading up to that game. Probably shouldn't have played.

He's a "never say no" kid though. Ask him to run the offense w 1 leg & he'll hop around for you.

Doesn’t bother me they played him but at 35-7 get him out of there.

I am sure he feels awful - but players play. How often does Brady play in blowouts? You think he would feel better if it was versus LSU?
Completely different in college. You're in charge of someone's future who could change generations for his family & your program. Not to mention everything he's already done for that school.

I don't blame any player college/pro for doing what's best for them. I hope more high profiled prospects sit out during the season. It's comical how f'd up it is.

Brady shouldn’t play in blowouts.

It was the kind of play a healthy Tua runs away from.

This has nothing to do with LSU.

Brady plays in blowouts where a simple “W” will suffice.

Alabama is number five trying to impress the ranking committee to get into the top 4 for a playoff. A simple W is not enough.

Saban **** the bed with that decision. He shouldn’t have even been playing in the first place. They could have ***** slapped Mississippi State without him and they had an FBS opponent the next week. And he damn sure shouldn’t have been playing once up 35-7 in the first half.

Kid should of played

Brady plays in blowouts where a simple “W” will suffice.

Alabama is number five trying to impress the ranking committee to get into the top 4 for a playoff. A simple W is not enough.
All they have to do is win. One of LSU or Georgia is going to lose in the SEC Championship. Shut Tua down since he has a high ankle sprain and shut him down next week when Alabama starts playing The Little Sisters of the Poor U again next week. That would have given the sprain two weeks of rest with two Ws before the Iron Bowl.

Kid should of played
Aye. It ended great for him. Gimpy and not able to escape the rush like he normally does. Now he has a serious hip injury.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back