PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trey Flowers Replacement - Zach Allen

Lindstrom should go 20 spots earlier than 56.
Looks like we were both wrong...though I was more wrong than you were.

Lindstrom should go in the top 25. Day one starter and potential future pro bowler.
Now that's more like it...and even that prediction was off by 10. I definitely did not see Lindstrom being taken with the 14TH overall pick.

And if Bill had just been patient (no surprise that he wasn't), he could've stayed at 56 - and in fact could've made the exact same trade with KC that LA did, and moved down to 61 - and he still would've been able to draft Allen.
Zach Allen + Chase Winovich = DE issue resolved.

I think they are sitting good at DE. Would of liked Allen as well, but having Bennett, Winovich and Hightower hybrid seems to be a good trio.

It’s not like 2020 won’t have more draftable defensive ends.

Agreed, I think the group we have is very solid for this season.

More interested to see how the interior works itself out this season. Really liked the Pennel signing and wouldn’t mind taking a cheap flyer on Bailey or Wilkerson to get some fierce competition going.

I think they are sitting good at DE. Would of liked Allen as well, but having Bennett, Winovich and Hightower hybrid seems to be a good trio.

It’s not like 2020 won’t have more draftable defensive ends.

Plus Wise (perfect Belichick DE build, including massive arms and hands....think has still untapped potential but needs more snaps and consistent good health) and Simon (hybrid like DH).

318C5A52-430A-48BF-9ACF-D6DD45301BA4.jpeg

My rule of thumb: always be skeptical about player analysis provided by a guy with a man bun.

In a lot of ways I remain perplexed why bb passed on allen.

But clearly bb is altering his drafting strategy again and any old stereotypes of players we think that might appeal to bb have to be revised.

In a lot of ways I remain perplexed why bb passed on allen.

But clearly bb is altering his drafting strategy again and any old stereotypes of players we think that might appeal to bb have to be revised.
Probably less to do with Allen and more to do with Bill's obvious crush on SloJuan Willie.

In my mock draft I have taken AJ Brown with pick 32nd.With a pick 56th I have an opportunity to grab either Johnathan Abram or Zach Allen. I really like both of them in this phase of the draft.Who would you choose,that is the question?
Oh, I wish we went with your pick in the first round.

At 56 the answer to your two choices is neither. How this tall, explosive player lasted until the fourth round shows a herd mentality was at work.

Maxx Crosby is soft, too weak.

I compared his Combine results to Winovich’s and Crosby is clearly the more explosive player with a higher ceiling.

I thought BB was all in on the broad jump and three-cone. Crosby bested Goldilocks in both. And his vertical is something like six inches better than our guy’s! Jeez.

What do our scouts do these days?

Oh, I wish we went with your pick in the first round.

At 56 the answer to your two choices is neither. How this tall, explosive player lasted until the fourth round shows a herd mentality was at work.

Maxx Crosby is soft, too weak.

I compared his Combine results to Winovich’s and Crosby is clearly the more explosive player with a higher ceiling.

I thought BB was all in on the broad jump and three-cone. Crosby bested Goldilocks in both. And his vertical is something like six inches better than our guy’s! Jeez.

What do our scouts do these days?
Yeah very disappointed in the way Wino ended the season...he rode the gravy train with the Boogermen during the first half but disappeared during the second half...What's worse is that leaving school as a redshirt senior means that his physical maturity has already reached its peak; i.e.: he ain't getting any better folks...

Yeah very disappointed in the way Wino ended the season...he rode the gravy train with the Boogermen during the first half but disappeared during the second half...What's worse is that leaving school as a redshirt senior means that his physical maturity has already reached its peak; i.e.: he ain't getting any better folks...
Eh, I definitely think you can still see improvement from rookie to sophomore years…

winovich does not have nfl strength. In college you can get away with substandard strength,

in the pros not so much, winovich needs to hit the off season strength and conditioning program hard.

we also need to draft uche so we can rotate them in and out of the lineup throughout the game.

If I had a penny every time you said something negative, I'd be a rich man. Seriously. Your assessments are ridiculous. Bruschi, Vrabel, and Ninkovich didn't blossom until they were 26-27. Which is still 2 more years for Winovich. Claiming he's reached his "physical maturity" is complete garbage and shows you don't know the first thing about what you are talking about.

Jennings from Alabama would also be an interesting guy to plug into our defense.

Jennings from Alabama would also be an interesting guy to plug into our defense.

I had him in my personal pats mock draft, if he is still available at our comp picks.
Has good Weight, can play different Positions at LB, helping the run defense and situationally Pass Rush. Don't sure about his coverage ability but looks like a solid LB and future Starter to me.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back