PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trevor Matich: Fake spike "heinous"

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is every reason to fear it. With this play, Brady forfeited professional courtesy.

Professional courtesy. In a sport where men kick the **** out of each other on a weekly basis. LOL.

BTW, Manning has forfeited "professional courtesy" as well.

There is every reason to fear it. With this play, Brady forfeited professional courtesy.

Professional courtesy or 7 points??? hmm...

I'll take the 7 points.

7 points gets you closer to winning a game. Professional courtesy lets you watch the post-season from home.

It's all part of the game. Crying like a three year-old with wet diapers also does not show professional courtesy.

My prediction: Manning attempts the same play this Sunday.

Wasting a 1st round pick on Trevor Matich was "heinous."

I'll take the 7 points any day.

It's a smart play, and they played to win.

I guess that's a crime now. Marino was a genius, but Brady is a criminal.

It's a smart play, and they played to win.

I guess that's a crime now. Marino was a genius, but Brady is a criminal.

Kind of interesting that this gets brought up a week after UConn's Larry Tayor "faked" a fair catch signal on a punt (kind of waved his hand to the side), the coverage team let up and he took off for a TD against Louisville. The ref was right in front of him and didn't blow the whistle because Taylor didn't wave his hand over his head. UConn, Taylor and coach Edsall have all been called out for this "unfair" play, especially by fans with KY addresses and the media, with the same threats of injury the next time it happens or there is a fair catch signal.

Seems like exactly the same thing to me. There is a reason coaches tell you to play to the whistle.

Wasting a 1st round pick on Trevor Matich was "heinous."

LMFAO. One of the worst centers of all time! I think he played with Steve Young at BYU! That may explain some of this insanity!!!:bricks:

Another point that is missed in the outcry is that the fake spike happened with 19 secs left on the clock for the half. It is in the final two minutes of each half that defenses have to be the most vigilant, so it is very different from faking it in the middle of a quarter. This play is part and parcel of the 2 minute offense and as courteous as the hurry up offense, which Peyton runs to perfection. Please can certain colts fans think before they post!

As far as running up the score is concerned I do think that the offense was primed by the coaches to prove that they were just as good against a decent defense. IIRC the Skins were supposed to best D we faced, top 5 in fewest pts allowed, fastest secondary etc, etc. I suspect that BB wants to remove any shadow of doubt as to how good the team is. This bodes ill for next week's opponents :singing: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back