PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training Camp: News/Notes (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say it but I have the feeling that James White will either be traded or retire in camp. Hip injuries are really hard to come back from, and he will s at an age where most RB’s hang them up. Would love to see him return to the form we are accustomed to, but that is a big ask. And I think they would like to keep Pierre Strong and have him take over that role.

Hate being negative but I agree re James White. I am no medical expert but when he did not practice fully at the last OTA ? and Reiss said White was still"moving uncomfortably" it does not look good. Well we can still hope until it is confirmed one way or another.

Hate being negative but I agree re James White. I am no medical expert but when he did not practice fully at the last OTA ? and Reiss said White was still"moving uncomfortably" it does not look good. Well we can still hope until it is confirmed one way or another.

What sucks even more about his injury is that it didn't appear that devastating when it happened... Dam shame; Mac could've used him last year, though kudos to Bolden for picking up the slack as well as he did.

What sucks even more about his injury is that it didn't appear that devastating when it happened... Dam shame; Mac could've used him last year, though kudos to Bolden for picking up the slack as well as he did.
Bolden shocked the hell outta me.
Shame about Big Game James.
I'll say it right now: best passing back in NEP history. I love KFaulk and Andy J was good so was Garrett but James is the man.
That said, I'm very hopeful about Strong. Kid adds a new element to the position w. his speed. Everything I've read about him sounds great. If he has a good rookie year that's a huge boost to Mac's arsenal.

Is there going to be a Pats picker 2022 ?.......I dont know how this works or who creates it. Is it part of PatsFans ??
1658764293487.gif
50 bucks says Venecol picks his nose.

What about a compromise? Something like a weekly camp thread, or a new thread each time they get a few days off in a row? That way, if there's a few days without on field news, you don't have to read through the lull until you get to the new stuff, but there remains a flow of information and discussion between the consecutive practices?

I'd just as well have daily ones personally, but if there's a way to make it a nicer experience for as many posters as possible, I'm all for that.

That said, I'm very hopeful about Strong. Kid adds a new element to the position w. his speed. Everything I've read about him sounds great. If he has a good rookie year that's a huge boost to Mac's arsenal.
Let’s hope Andy Hart is wrong with his comments about Strong not being very good at catching the ball during the OTA/mini-camp. He described Strong as someone with Daniel Graham hands.

Let’s hope Andy Hart is wrong with his comments about Strong not being very good at catching the ball during the OTA/mini-camp. He described Strong as someone with Daniel Graham hands.

His college coach said Strong was a great receiver with very soft hands. We will see. The one with Daniel Graham hands to watch is Wilkerson.

Andy Hart is a clueless idiot. Always has been. You'd think after all these years he woulda learned something about football.

Andy Hart is a clueless idiot. Always has been. You'd think after all these years he woulda learned something about football.
Half the media are trolls and the other half homers.

So maybe it's not 50:50: To paraphrase George Carlin: everybody who is more negative about the team than I am is a troll, and everybody who is more positive is a homer.

Too bad Bolden left to Vegas...

I'm not sure we have enough information yet. It's a big injury to come back from but perhaps he was never expected to be ready for OTA? Other than that we have a reporter that has seen him limping which might be because of the current injury or possibly just associated muscles that are over compensating as he is playing his way back to fitness. Possibly i'm being hopeful but i think he was going to be very fortunate to come back from this without the odd issue.

In honor of the start of training camp today.....

(sound on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes