PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training Camp: Joint Practices with Detroit week thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stidham 12/12 on 7-on-7's!?
42eb007f9425db99f8db6151ec9f1e4b.png

A lot of Braxton Berrios hate around here even though he's making some plays. It seems like he's not having as bad a camp as some would like you to believe.:confused:
It's not like he's having a "bad" camp it's that he hasn't showed anything special that "flashes". So when you compare him to bigger stronger guys like Harris and Meyers, he's hasn't done anything special that makes you want to say I'd rather have Berrios on the team INSTEAD of them.

And isn't that what it will end up being. With Edelman, Dorsett, and Harry locked in. There are only 2 spots CURRENTLY open an those 3 guys fighting to fill them. Plus Thomas, Gordon, and Meridith are all eventually coming back to further add competitive pressure on the position.

No, I think (assuming Meyers and Harris continue to play well) it will be Berrios who will join Danny Etling on the PS this fall.

A lot of Braxton Berrios hate around here even though he's making some plays. It seems like he's not having as bad a camp as some would like you to believe.:confused:
Not from me.

I am firmly in his corner but i'm not delusional to the point to think he has a better than 50% to make the team. Right now hes the 6th WR. If he kicks ass in ST (KR/PR) then that will go a long way in improving his chances.

If there is one place this can happen its under BB. As with many midseason acquisitions he really has a knack for finding the right role for players. Not saying it works every time but he has a really good track record.

Especially at LB/DE. It would be great to find the next Van Noy/Ninkovich/Vrabel.

It's not like he's having a "bad" camp it's that he hasn't showed anything special that "flashes". So when you compare him to bigger stronger guys like Harris and Meyers, he's hasn't done anything special that makes you want to say I'd rather have Berrios on the team INSTEAD of them.

And isn't that what it will end up being. With Edelman, Dorsett, and Harry locked in. There are only 2 spots CURRENTLY open an those 3 guys fighting to fill them. Plus Thomas, Gordon, and Meridith are all eventually coming back to further add competitive pressure on the position.

No, I think (assuming Meyers and Harris continue to play well) it will be Berrios who will join Danny Etling on the PS this fall.

I think it would be in the Pats best interest to keep D Thomas and maybe Meridith on PUP for the first Six Weeks. Thomas should be really healthy by then because his recent injury was so late last season. D Thomas would be a nice guy off the bench at that particular time.

I think it would be in the Pats best interest to keep D Thomas and maybe Meridith on PUP for the first Six Weeks. Thomas should be really healthy by then because his recent injury was so late last season. D Thomas would be a nice guy off the bench at that particular time.
The NEP will ALWAYS give the younger players on their rookie deals every opportunity to play their way onto the team. If they think they need more time to evaluate Berrios and Meyer they will.

You are probably right on this, but so is RW. In the end, Berrios is currently #6 in a five man race. So today, even after what has been reportedly a good day, the only chance I see him making the 53 is ST's.

But still a long way to go, so anything can happen.

If there is one place this can happen its under BB. As with many midseason acquisitions he really has a knack for finding the right role for players. Not saying it works every time but he has a really good track record.

Especially at LB/DE. It would be great to find the next Van Noy/Ninkovich/Vrabel.
Could it be possible that Calhoun makes the 53 and atones for Bill's drafting of Cyrus the Virus Jones instead of him?

Harry’s hamstring is a bit worrisome - these are always a bit iffy.

Could it be possible that Calhoun makes the 53 and atones for Bill's drafting of Cyrus the Virus Jones instead of him?

Could be down to him or Rivers (or neither).

Trying to catch up on all the comments , one thing I was going to say was Calhoun over Rivers for the 53 , just based on we are hearing more about Calhoun and little about Rivers ?

Aside from our Vaunted TE position:rolleyes: every other position is Talented and competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes