PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TRADE Wes Welker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just crazy talk. "hey guys, watch me cut my leg off with this hatchet....."

Worst. Thread. Ever.

First off, I wouldn't trade Welker, as there are too many question marks at WR and he is a guy whose leadership is also valuable. That being said, do you really think someone would trade a second rounder for the 30 year old possession receiver? At this point, he might be like Branch outside of NE, nothing special...and probably only has a couple of big years left, before quickness fades.

Last edited:
Chad Johnson
Wes Welker
Julian Edelman (Wes 2.0)
Brandon Tate
Deion Branch
Taylor Price (played well in his limited time last year)

That's 6 WR's.

We could easily ship Wes and not miss a beat. He's older now and didnt have such a great season last year.

What do you think we could get for West? Would you want to trade him?

Have you been drinking? :eek:

Wes is one year removed from knee surgery and we all know what Tom did coming off that injury,I see Wes having a great year.

Wes is simply untradable THIS year....now next year when money comes into focus could be a different situation,we may not have a choice but to move on if we don't give him the money he requests.

The OP has been notoriously known for providing us with threads that are irritating and raise your blood pressure because he loves to see us get a rise out of it and he knows he is anonymous like we all are so it's like an annual game to him....ignore it.

tumblr_ll2ocrHnwW1qebj0ao1_400.gif

Chad Johnson
Wes Welker
Julian Edelman (Wes 2.0)
Brandon Tate
Deion Branch

That's 6 WR's.

We could easily ship Wes and not miss a beat. He's older now and didnt have such a great season last year.

Can we trade you?

For the right price everyone is on the block. If someone gives us a 1st round, why not?

What is this limited time that you speak of? He didn't play until week 17.

All of that said, I still don't get how Welker is supposed to be expendable. Edelman can't just step in and do what Welker does. Even if he could reliably stay on the field, which he can't, it would be a substantial downgrade.

If Edelman was half as good as Welker with Hernandez and Gronkowski. How much production is the NE offense really missing? I dont know about you, but I want those TEs on the foeld as much as possible. NE can pound the ball or pass out of TE sets.

Then you have Ocho and Branch. Consider Branch basically filled in for Moss after he left, so Ocho is going to take away receptions from someplace. I dont see why the NE slot WR has to have near 100 plus receptions every season.

Men right now Welker IMO is expendable. I mean Slot WR are dime a dozen, not as good as Welker, thats obvious, but guys like Edelman,Breaston, Amendola, Camarillo, Jordy Nelson, Shipley,Crayton ...I mean that's not Reche Caldwell -Tim Dwight-Doug Gabriel-Ben Watson year.

85-Branch-Edelman-Tate-Price-Gronk-Hernandez

Men right now Welker IMO is expendable. I mean Slot WR are dime a dozen, not as good as Welker, thats obvious, but guys like Edelman,Breaston, Amendola, Camarillo, Jordy Nelson, Shipley,Crayton ...I mean that's not Reche Caldwell -Tim Dwight-Doug Gabriel-Ben Watson year.

85-Branch-Edelman-Tate-Price-Gronk-Hernandez

Umm no...i don't want to rely on any of those guys to make those tough catches.

Ochocinco-Branch-Welker-Hernandez-Gronk-Woody-Veeren(?)

I want Brady to have as many targets as possible.

Jets will follow Ocho with Revis now. That leaves alot of options who are pretty tough to cover.

Last edited:
Hey, you saw the stats I had a while ago. Welker was half as productive last season when comparing 0 or 1 TEs to 2 or 3 TEs. I'll gladly use 2 TEs every play with Branch and Ochocinco on the outside and get a 2nd for Welker while I can.

He was coming off a torn ACL. Of course his stats were down. Under the circumstances his stats were pretty amazing.

I'm as big a draftnik as anyone here. But it drives me nuts when some people value draft picks over productive players.

Chad Johnson
Wes Welker
Julian Edelman (Wes 2.0)
Brandon Tate
Deion Branch

That's 6 WR's.

What is the roster size on opening day?

I'm serious. I heard a report that their is no stipulation about the 3rd QB being active but can't play until the 4th qtr unless the other two do not come back. Is it 53 still? If 54, is a receiver the extra man?
Until I know how much has changed it is like debating how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. (BTW, standard pin is 7 angels, unless they are fat.)

Welker was coming off major knee surgery, so your analysis is fatally flawed due to that alone.

Besides, too many people own Welker jerseys (including the one I bought for my girlfriend).

Some of you guys are arrogant. Welker is very tradable. Same way Warren was releasable. BB is one to surprise people with his moves. None of us here sees what he sees. If he thinks Edelman is adequate or we need to change scheme then Welker could be GONE.
The only move that would shock me is Brady leaving and that is because there are not 32 good quarterbacks in the NFL

Last edited:
Impossible.

Replaceable? Hardly. Who would plan the locker room pranks?

That's right, you forgot about that didn't you.

Umm no...i don't want to rely on any of those guys to make those tough catches.

Ochocinco-Branch-Welker-Hernandez-Gronk-Woody-Veeren(?)

I want Brady to have as many targets as possible.

Jets will follow Ocho with Revis now. That leaves alot of options who are pretty tough to cover.

Holy smokes at the responses in this thread. There is some rationale to the trade if it happened. Do we all forget the Seymour trade?

Have you seen what some stiffs in Free agency have been offered? Next year Welker is going to be offered 8 mil a year and jump ship. (no way for a 31 year old slot WR pats will offer that)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back