PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

trade jules

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is he suppose to do when Tompa won't look his way even when he's open?
Keep getting open. The less he gets hit, the more effective he’ll be. He can’t continue to get 100 catches a season.

We gave up a second for Sanu. I could see Tampa doing it if Tom was insistent enough.
Ahhhhh.....Therein lies the challenge cousins. The soon to be 34 year old JE makes sense for TB with Brady. The Falcons had us by the short hairs needing a WR immediately after the Josh Gordon thing that was coming and our Top rookiw WR on the shelf. A second was too much for what amounted to the Falcons #3 WR.

Getting a aging player for a top pick would be not in the Bucs best interest. ....BUT......
1-They could consider a swap of picks their 2nd #45 for our third say #100? On paper it looks like the value of JE is lower 2nd. The Bucs move down 55 spots for JE seems like a steal but CAP is a consideration for the Pats.
2- O.J. Howard for Edelman even up makes the most sense. It helps us CAP wise as well. We have some moves to do with 12 Draft picks to pay and two RFA's just signed.

Another smart poster noted that moving on from JE leaves the WR room with 1st years guys who did not produce much or rookies.

I would make this deal contingent on getting WR Curtis Samuel from the Panthers. He had 56 receptions and 3 TDs IN 2019 but they just bought Ribbie Anderson and Pharoh Cooper. Samuel has a CAP friendly contract and is young with 4.3 speed, 5'11" and 194 lbs and much more productive than Dorsett. The Pats can make up their mind to extend or not. He might cost us s third or 4th.

I love JE's game but will he have any value next year? He was nicked up this year.

DW Toys

make that r3 76 draft lynch dt5t baylor trade 23 and 100 to la rams for r2 54,57 and r3m84 works on value chart draft 54 hurts 57 aiyuk 84 claypool 87 willekes edge .i am trying to build future
wr aiyuk leg inj rated #32 pff big board hurts #3 qb 65 big board

I put this into google translate and all the characters came out in Dingbat font.:confused:o_O

I very much hope we do. Put the 3 of them together one last time and give them a shot to win. They deserve to end it together or at least be given the chance to.

Best we could do for Edelman is him and a high 6th for a low 4th. I could see him being worth a 5th by itself. When healthy he is still a 1,000 yard WR. That's not nothing.

I hope Edelman gets to go to Tampa. He deserves to contend and play with his buddies at this stage of his career.

Pats are in rebuild mode - time to hit the reset button. It was inevitable, we just got protected from the fallout of full roster rebuild/reset by a younger Brady in 09-11 but Brady at 43 wouldn’t be able to cover up again nor would he want to.

We should investigate what we can get for Gilly too.

I hope Jules stays. He'll be the face of the franchise while he is still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes