PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

trade jules

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacigar

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
i would trade edelman to tb for r2 45 pick

Ain’t happenin’ cap’n. Nobody’s trading a 2nd rounder for a 34 year old banged up slot receiver.

We'd get a 3rd at best, more likely a 4th.

More importantly, it would be a disaster to have a draftee and Harry as our starting WR's with Sanu and Byrd as our backups and returners.

Perhaps there is a worse set of WR's on a competitive team, perhaps not.

@Ian

Is this a troll???

Maybe you could in Madden 20 but in real life there is zero chance Tampa would agree to that for reasons that I’m sure will be covered in this thread.

Screw that. A 1st or nothing!

Trade deadline maybe. Jules would need to be healthy. Tampa would need to be contending. It’s a lot of if’s.

I see no reason why we could not trade him for a 2021 pick and base the pick on edelman’s 2020 production and Tampa’s team success.

for example: if Tampa wins the their division and Edelman plays in at least 14 games with 500 plus all purpose yards, we get a fifth round pick.
And as Edelman and Tampa do better, our pick gets better.

With all due respect Jules has some value only for us and maybe Tampa. Knowing the system and being experienced he is very important for the Pats. Today he is only reliable receiver who can help our new QB. Regarding Tampa and Tom he might work thereas well .However writing about second or even third round pick for him is a crap. 2nd round? Maybe, I say maybe if we get that pick for Thuney that would be a successful move ( assuming of course his potential trade ). Our biggest asset right now is obviously Gilmore but trading him is as silly as expecting for Jules a 2nd round pick.

make that r3 76 draft lynch dt5t baylor trade 23 and 100 to la rams for r2 54,57 and r3m84 works on value chart draft 54 hurts 57 aiyuk 84 claypool 87 willekes edge .i am trying to build future
wr aiyuk leg inj rated #32 pff big board hurts #3 qb 65 big board

make that r3 76 draft lynch dt5t baylor trade 23 and 100 to la rams for r2 54,57 and r3 #84 (works on value chart ) draft 54 hurts 57 aiyuk 84 claypool 87 willekes edge .(i am trying to build future)
future qb hurts-stidham wr aiyuk harry meyers bowden wr/rbc #98 r3 te claypool-keene-izzo
stidham rat 62.3 224/372 60% 2798 7.5 18td 5int
hurts rat 123.4 260/372 69% 4368 11.9 42td 7int

Ain’t happenin’ cap’n. Nobody’s trading a 2nd rounder for a 34 year old banged up slot receiver.
We gave up a second for Sanu. I could see Tampa doing it if Tom was insistent enough.

We gave up a second for Sanu. I could see Tampa doing it if Tom was insistent enough.

The question to me is if its worth it to trade away a player who could become a security blanket for a young QB as he gets his first season under him and properly learns the offense just for a second round pick.

Personally I'd write that off as developmental costs and hope it pays off as investment into Stidham. But I can see the allure of an early day 2 pick. Especially in a draft where we have this big gap.

make that r3 76 draft lynch dt5t baylor trade 23 and 100 to la rams for r2 54,57 and r3m84 works on value chart draft 54 hurts 57 aiyuk 84 claypool 87 willekes edge .i am trying to build future
even better dont wait for aiyuk trade with kc for 32 and 63 trade 23 and 100 draft aiyuk at 32 and hurts at 63 trade jules for 76 and draft lynch aiyuk has tremendous yac mtkl and is best return er in draft may have 4.4 speed even after muscle surgery.lynch has great qb rush numbers

Maybe you could in Madden 20 but in real life there is zero chance Tampa would agree to that for reasons that I’m sure will be covered in this thread.

Not if the Bucs are going all in with Brady playing 2 more seasons.

Go for it now. Edelman is still playing at a high level and is the go to for Brady to extend drives. I just watched the 2018 AFCC. 2 drives were 3rd and 10 either OT or 4th quarter down by 4 points. Edelman down the seam completes both conversions.

Package Gronk and Edelman together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back