PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

trade jules

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question to me is if its worth it to trade away a player who could become a security blanket for a young QB as he gets his first season under him and properly learns the offense just for a second round pick.

Personally I'd write that off as developmental costs and hope it pays off as investment into Stidham. But I can see the allure of an early day 2 pick. Especially in a draft where we have this big gap.
I do think this will be a pretty good team. If it’s less than a third, definitely keep him.

Not if the Bucs are going all in with Brady playing 2 more seasons.
trade jules for tb r3 76 draft lynch dt
rev d lynch dt5t baylor 6-4 289 tk 19 sk 16 hit 13 hurries 41
roy nt baylor 6-1 333 tk 29 sk 6 hit 15 hurries 30
willekes edge msu 6-3 264 tk 20 sk 9 hit 5 hurries 34 total 68 tkl 31 sks 33 hits 105 hurries

make that r3 76 draft lynch dt5t baylor trade 23 and 100 to la rams for r2 54,57 and r3m84 works on value chart draft 54 hurts 57 aiyuk 84 claypool 87 willekes edge .i am trying to build future
wr aiyuk leg inj rated #32 pff big board hurts #3 qb 65 big board
Post deleted

We gave up a second for Sanu. I could see Tampa doing it if Tom was insistent enough.
Although I disagree with giving up a 2nd rounder for Sanu; I do see the reason behind the execution of the trade; which was pretty much desperation/contract situation. Much different circumstances in this case.

At least this post was somewhat coherent. Then again it was only like 6 words long so almost impossible to go off the rails that quick

make that r3 76 draft lynch dt5t baylor trade 23 and 100 to la rams for r2 54,57 and r3m84 works on value chart draft 54 hurts 57 aiyuk 84 claypool 87 willekes edge .i am trying to build future
wr aiyuk leg inj rated #32 pff big board hurts #3 qb 65 big board
Speaka da inglesh plea

Not if the Bucs are going all in with Brady playing 2 more seasons.

Go for it now. Edelman is still playing at a high level and is the go to for Brady to extend drives. I just watched the 2018 AFCC. 2 drives were 3rd and 10 either OT or 4th quarter down by 4 points. Edelman down the seam completes both conversions.

I read the Pats will be dinged 4.3M in new cap dead money if Jules is traded now. Even if they were ok with that Tampa is not giving up a mid to high 2nd for him as OP suggested.

I doubt the Patriots are inclined to do anything to help Brady do well on his new team.

Edelman's a top-10 WR on a wildly affordable contract, trading doesn't save much against the cap, and he probably wouldn't garner much more than a 3rd or 4th rounder (even though he's miles better than, say, Brandin Cooks) because of age, but yeah let's give him up for the right to draft Albert Okweuetenaban.

The secret to the draft is that it's fun to get excited about new players but most of them aren't better than replacement-level and a majority are just complete non-factors, especially outside the top-50 or so.

The secret to the draft is that it's fun to get excited about new players but most of them aren't better than replacement-level and a majority are just complete non-factors, especially outside the top-50 or so.
I have to always remind myself of this.
I choose to believe all Rookies can be quality starters lol

As crazy as it sounds... maybe. They seem intent on wanting to jettison TE OJ Howard in Tampa for some strange reason. That's a HUGE area of need for NE currently. Maybe the sides can work something out. It would appear to be something that could be a win/win for both sides.

As crazy as it sounds... maybe. They seem intent on wanting to jettison TE OJ Howard in Tampa for some strange reason. That's a HUGE area of need for NE currently. Maybe the sides can work something out. It would appear to be something that could be a win/win for both sides.

As I have said for it seems like weeks: the situations regarding Howard and Edelman are NOT related, except for the fact that Tampa Bay is involved in both situations.

@jacigar is reaching GOAT status.

Sometimes a Jacigar is just a Jacigar...

DiQLUMcWkAI33q1

Interesting claim, but if you use one of the Draft Value Charts as a proxy, there's as much value in the picks 51+ as there is in picks 1-8, i.e. the sum of draft value of picks 1-8 is 15800, and 51 to the last pick totals 15218. It takes 206 picks to equal the value of the 8 top picks, but the draft value chart says those 206 picks aggregated have roughly the same expected value as the top 8 aggregated.

But if you go to the top 50, total draft value is 45805 or 3X the value of 51+. So if you built a team out of the top 50 in this years draft, you'd need to take all 600+ players from 3 years of drafting 51+ to equal the total value.

So here's a version of your statement based on this analysis: 3/4 of the value in a draft is gone by pick 50.

2020 NFL Trade Value Chart

I used that chart because it is in a format that's easy to load into a spreadsheet.

You can also proxy Free Agent value too: late 7th round picks are assigned 1 pt of value. So if each team signs 10 free agents, that's at most 320 points of value, or the equivalent of the 26th pick in the 2nd round -- for the entire class of free agents.

Last edited:
As I have said for it seems like weeks: the situations regarding Howard and Edelman are NOT related, except for the fact that Tampa Bay is involved in both situations.
I never said they are, nor do I believe my post makes it seem that way. Suggesting that the teams could get together is not automatically suggesting that the players' situations are related.

Interesting claim, but if you use one of the Draft Value Charts as a proxy, there's as much value in the picks 51+ as there is in picks 1-8, i.e. the sum of draft value of picks 1-8 is 15800, and 51 to the last pick totals 15218. It takes 206 picks to equal the value of the 8 top picks, but the draft value chart says those 206 picks aggregated have roughly the same expected value as the top 8 aggregated.

But if you go to the top 50, total draft value is 45805 or 3X the value of 51+. So if you built a team out of the top 50 in this years draft, you'd need to take all 600+ players from 3 years of drafting 51+ to equal the total value.

So here's a version of your statement based on this analysis: 3/4 of the value in a draft is gone by pick 50.

2020 NFL Trade Value Chart

I used that chart because it is in a format that's easy to load into a spreadsheet.

You can also proxy Free Agent value too: late 7th round picks are assigned 1 pt of value. So if each team signs 10 free agents, that's at most 320 points of value, or the equivalent of the 26th pick in the 2nd round -- for the entire class of free agents.

The problem is you're not drafting in aggregate, I can't trade for every pick 51-230 or whatever. The likelihood pick #00 or whatever pans out just isn't very high (and after the 4th round it really drops off), and it's not worth trading an established stud for it. You might get lucky but 95% of the time Edelman for a 3rd rounder is just a straight loss.

I’d be shocked if BB would let him go right now because they need someone to help the QB understand the scheme. But, I think they should do him a solid and let him go to a team where his role is reduced like what Amendola did in his time in NE. If not, you’ll see him dropping too many passes and getting beat up.

N’Keal Babby needs to take off his diapers and transition into becoming the go to guy. Enough with the jet sweeps. To borrow a line from Skip Bayles trashing Dwight Howard to his face, “he looks like Tarzan, but plays like Jane”.

Patriots needs all of their horses if they have their sites on another division title so trading their most valuable and experienced WR does not make sense to me. Teams surprise every year so while things do not look great at the moment I do not see any reason why the Pats cannot be contenders if a handful of things fall the right way.

I’d be shocked if BB would let him go right now because they need someone to help the QB understand the scheme. But, I think they should do him a solid and let him go to a team where his role is reduced like what Amendola did in his time in NE. If not, you’ll see him dropping too many passes and getting beat up.

N’Keal Babby needs to take off his diapers and transition into becoming the go to guy. Enough with the jet sweeps. To borrow a line from Skip Bayles trashing Dwight Howard to his face, “he looks like Tarzan, but plays like Jane”.
What is he suppose to do when Tompa won't look his way even when he's open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST