PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade for T.J. Duckett?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digger44 said:
If that is what you have been trying to say all along then why didn't you say that??

In an earlier post, I did:

"Why would the Pats blow (or maybe I should've said "use") a high pick on a player...when all he has shown is potential to be what you say he is? Investing that pick in a cheaper contract on a guy who can learn the Pats' system and has not been sullied by Mora Jr.'s 'the players are my budds' laissez-faire coaching seems like a smarter way to go."

Digger44 said:
cube, i don't have a problem over your concern because your concern makes sense when you put it this way. You are right, we don't know. some of us are willing to find out based upon the guys potential, size, speed, and nose for the endzone. please, you gotta admit that you don't see a guy built like this every day, and in the right system he may be huge.??

It's certainly possible, or he could be Greg Jones...or Zack Crockett, for that matter.

Digger44 said:
look at thomas jones. bad in arizona and tampa but blew up in chicago because of their system. Corey is a power runner inside the tackles. he was huge last year because he was healthy and fit. now give corey 30 lbs and a faster step and you could have something explosive. please admit that the theory is sound. ok, so you do not think that duckett is cracked up to what we are talking about. thats ok, it is your opinion. do you at least see the potential??

I did not say that there was not potential; in fact, I said quite the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes