PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tough Road Ahead... 2024 Strength of Schedule...

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I'm about drafted out... The wait is interminable and really not necessary... So, something different

The schedule is due to be released in a few weeks... Usually in the second week of May... The 8th or 9th.. but it might be a bit early, so more likely the following Wednesday or Thursday ...

Saw this

Shows the Pats have the 2nd hardest sos for the 2024 season, based on projected win totals (an analysis by Sharp after the odds came out) ... Gonna be some tough sledding for the boys in Patriot blue & their rookie head coach if it's true to form...

Would like to see the schedule sooner rather than later... Hopefully on the 8/9th... but the NFL likes to drag this **** out for whatever reason... See if we get mauled right out of the gate or if we get the chance to get our feet under us for a bit before the hard stretches decent on Foxboro...

Last edited:
4.5 Win total projected, tied with Carolina for lowest.

Don't they realize Jacoby Brissett is at the helm?

In general we know the approximate strength of each team when the season starts. Sometimes there are exceptions but not that many.

The Bills may drop back a little in the AFCE but the rest are the same.
The AFCN will be strong again and Cincy has their QB back.
The AFCW has the same old KC and the Sunshine boys.
The AFCS might have a new wrinkle with Houston but that's about it.

I don't care about the weaklings of the NFC but that could be the same also.

If we can't get MHJ then Luther Burden would be a nice consolation prize with one of the top picks in 2025's draft.

Eh, if you're a good team, SoS doesn't matter, because you'll overcome. Also, if you're a BAD team, SoS doesn't matter, because you're not making the playoffs anyway.

If they end up somewhere in the middle, then it doesn't matter, because even if they're competing for a playoff spot, and were able to sneak in because their schedule was weak, it would be fool's gold and they're not running the NFL playoff gauntlet. So you might as well test their mettle against good teams so you know which blocks you can build off of for 2025.

So, in summary, I'm not worried about it.

Just throwing this out there, but trade with Minnesota and we could be looking at two top 5 picks next year. I’m still in the QB at #3 boat though.

Pats had the hardest strength-of-schedule in 2023 before the season began if I remember right. By the time the season was over, it had ended up being more middle-of-the-road.

How many wins a team had last year is not a huge indicator of their win total the next year. These things vary quite a bit.

I'm about drafted out... The wait is interminable and really not necessary... So, something different

The schedule is due to be released in a few weeks... Usually in the second week of May... The 8th or 9th.. but it might be a bit early, so more likely the following Wednesday or Thursday ...

Saw this

Shows the Pats have the 2nd hardest sos for the 2024 season, based on projected win totals (an analysis by Sharp after the odds came out) ... Gonna be some tough sledding for the boys in Patriot blue & their rookie head coach if it's true to form...

Would like to see the schedule sooner rather than later... Hopefully on the 8/9th... but the NFL likes to drag this **** out for whatever reason... See if we get mauled right out of the gate or if we get the chance to get our feet under us for a bit before the hard stretches decent on Foxboro...
So we get to discuss what to do with our high pick NEXT year.

Looking at the games:

Bills - likely to take a step back without Diggs and some of their defensive key pieces
Dolphins - primed to also regress some
Jets - probable that they improve, assuming Rodgers is healthy and stays healthy

Home:
Texans - tough one, they've improved already
Colts - possible win if Pats improve on offense moderately
Chargers - possible win as above, Chargers have dumped most of their WR corps, may take time to gel around Harbaugh
Rams - likely loss but might be manageable with offensive improvement
Seahawks - not super imposing, change in head coach - possible win

Away:
Cardinals - could be a win
Bears - depends on Caleb's success, possible win
Bengals - if Burrow is healthy it's a loss
Jaguars - seems like a team they can beat
49ers - loss
Titans - win

Obviously a lot can and will change after the draft, more moves, and injuries in camp/in-season.

Pats had the hardest strength-of-schedule in 2023 before the season began if I remember right. By the time the season was over, it had ended up being more middle-of-the-road.

How many wins a team had last year is not a huge indicator of their win total the next year. These things vary quite a bit.
eh, splitting hairs, but thats based on this years projected win total... little bit different, but basically more of the same.

I don't know, I don't see a super killer schedule. I mean, no "gimmies", but a lot of middle of the pack teams.

I don't think the Dolphins & Bills are going to be as tough. We could split. +2
Jets are likely to be better, but not SB contenders like people think. We could split. +1

The other 5 home games are coin flips - Texans, Colts, Rams, Seahawks, Chargers. Texans might be most lethal. +2-3
The other 6 away games are split - 49ers, Bengals are sure losses. But Cards, Jags, Titans, Bears are very winnable. +3

If we get Brissett's best, and our D is as good or better, we could feasibly win 8-9 games.
Even with no playoffs, that would be an incredible first year post-BB.

I don't know, I don't see a super killer schedule. I mean, no "gimmies", but a lot of middle of the pack teams.

I don't think the Dolphins & Bills are going to be as tough. We could split. +2
Jets are likely to be better, but not SB contenders like people think. We could split. +1

The other 5 home games are coin flips - Texans, Colts, Rams, Seahawks, Chargers. Texans might be most lethal. +2-3
The other 6 away games are split - 49ers, Bengals are sure losses. But Cards, Jags, Titans, Bears are very winnable. +3

If we get Brissett's best, and our D is as good or better, we could feasibly win 8-9 games.
Even with no playoffs, that would be an incredible first year post-BB.
I'm at 2-4 wins... but am waiting to see how the schedule is stacked

I'm at 2-4 wins... but am waiting to see how the schedule is stacked
Of course we could fail to launch, and the offensive plan could backfire again. If Brissett doesn't last, or stinks, and/or if the rookie QB we pick is not ready. If AVP and his hodge-podge of NFL castoff coaches don't coalesce another sub-par talent team, we could go 3-ish wins. A lot is yet to be seen.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back