Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady's new receiver?

Regards,
Chris

Cassel to Moss to go to OT in 2008
Edelman to Amendola 2014 playoffs
Brady to Tompkins 2013 vs Saints
Brady to Gronk (2013? Was it the 24-point comeback game where he had the one handed catch in traffic?)
Brady to Edelman Falcons Super Bowl

Honorable mention:
The "popping open a can of soda" pass to Moss against 3 Miami defenders
Brady to Hogan to start the game tying drive against Atlanta
The 3rd and 14 dart in SB49 that Edelman held onto after getting hit by Chancellor

This is all youngin stuff. Any list without a Troy Brown catch is just fraudulent.

I can't really put it on the list, and it didn't mean anything season-wise, but Bledsoe's OT TD pass to Turner in that MIN game did bring a sense of hope back to the team.

I can't really put it on the list, and it didn't mean anything season-wise, but Bledsoe's OT TD pass to Turner in that MIN game did bring a sense of hope back to the team.

That was a great game. That and the vs Giants in Dec are two of my favorite Bledsoe games.

This pass was transcendent. Even better than the season saver he threw to Gronk a few minutes before. Look at way the pocket is collapsing at the last split second. Too bad the game didn't end differently, but we're talking about the best completions. This one belongs near the top. He was also hit 20 times.

brady-to-gronk-td.gif

Brady absorbs 20 hits in AFC title game loss to Broncos | NBC Sports Boston

This will come across as a Hot Take, but I think Brady's absolute peak as an individual player was the 2015 season. His arm looked completely undiminished and mentally he was as good as anyone, ever. Injuries just gutted that team down the stretch. His stats look bad on paper in that Denver loss but he was just getting MURDERED, and still pulling off fantastic plays like that one.

2016 he won the Super Bowl and 2017 he an All-Pro/MVP, but I think he looked the most special in 2015. He threw the most touchdowns in the league and threw interceptions at the lowest % rate in the league that year, even as the roster (especially OL, yikes) kind of fell apart.

I love this one....96 meadowlands vs Giants...4th down and long (iirc), Pat's were down 22-0...Bledsoe completes a dart over the middle to a falling down reaching backwards Troy brown who catches it lying down one his back behind his head...Pat's went on to win...a less obvious choice, but that's one that'll be w me forever...Pats got a bye w the win, which was unheard of given the teams history since the magic of 85

I was watching that game at TGIF with my brother who had just moved back to Maine. Ben Coates was a beast in that game.

Was at that game. Very nice touch on that pass.

Everything before like 06 is before my time

Troy Brown was very much like Edelman. Clutch in the biggest moments and on the biggest of stages. Great character guy too. Not surprising that both have and contributed to three rings.

Didn't know this until today. Troy Brown is the only player in NFL history with at least 550 receptions, 250 punt returns and an interception. (He had 3 ints)

Edelman has 599 receptions, 177 punt returns and no interceptions but he does have a TD pass.

Anyway both were and are really special players.

Everything before like 06 is before my time

I was just kidding by the way. Twenty years of excellence makes it nearly impossible to pick which of anything is top five. So many great plays.

Lets not forget Adam Vinatieri to Troy Brown for a two-point conversion.

Even better is that it was for a TD.

But fun fact, Vinatieri did rush for a two point conversion once (against the Bills in '98). The Bills were so upset about losing on the final, untimed play of the game they refused to take the field for the meaningless extra point.

Alright, I have to give 5?

Just thinking off the top of my head these are all goodies (but not sure they are all top 5).....

-Brady to LaFell in the AFC Divisonal Round against the Ravens

-Brady to Brown for 83 yard walkoff TD in OT at Miami

-Amendola's insane catch to clinch the game against Buffalo (was that 15?). If you saw it you know what I'm talking about

-What about Drew Bledsoe's 3rd down RAINBOW pass to either Brown or Patten for a critical conversion in teh AFC Championship game in the '01 season

-Game Winner to Kenbrell Thompkins in 2013 against Saints

Alright, I have to give 5?

Just thinking off the top of my head these are all goodies (but not sure they are all top 5).....

-Brady to LaFell in the AFC Divisonal Round against the Ravens

-Brady to Brown for 83 yard walkoff TD in OT at Miami

-Amendola's insane catch to clinch the game against Buffalo (was that 15?). If you saw it you know what I'm talking about

-What about Drew Bledsoe's 3rd down RAINBOW pass to either Brown or Patten for a critical conversion in teh AFC Championship game in the '01 season

-Game Winner to Kenbrell Thompkins in 2013 against Saints

I saw it and know what you mean.

I know we lost the game, but man how insane was that Brady to Gronk fourth down deep connection against the Broncos in the AFC Championship in 2015?

The season on the line! man what a play!

I know we lost the game, but man how insane was that Brady to Gronk fourth down deep connection against the Broncos in the AFC Championship in 2015?

The season on the line! man what a play!

Gronk contorted his body in a seemingly inhuman way just to get that catch.

From 2007 ... and it's not Moss

From 2007 ... and it's not Moss

FYI, the time code doesn't work (NFL's fault, not yours). It's the one at 6:41.

The Cassel to Moss vs the Jets is one the most underrated pass of the century. That was an insane and fun game even though we lost. Wouldn’t mind re-watching it eventually.

I think Moss’ best catch is the one on Monday Night vs the Bengals when Moss made a crazy effort to contort his body and get his feet inbounds. I think that one was even better than when he burned Revis.

Last edited:
FYI, the time code doesn't work (NFL's fault, not yours). It's the one at 6:41.

I concur. I knew which one it was going to be. Watching some older games from 2006-07, I wonder where on earth the narrative was created that Brady doesn’t have a great arm. That velocity is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes