PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 5 completed throws by a Patriot this century

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot find it right now, but early on around '01, Brady threw a pass to Troy Brown in a very close Miami game and they won the game.

Was at a friends home who is a rabid Miami, and remember getting on my hands and knees banging on his floor we are going to the "F'ing Superbowl"...

There are so many more the miracle catch of Edelman in SB 51 comes to mind....

The Troy Brown Miami catch is at the end of this video. And it's a beauty.

the edelman catch in the falcons SB and any 4 of the 10 best gronk catches or catches/run

Take your pick

That video was great. So different than what we saw in 2019.

And it's not like the receiving roster was that impressive. It was JE11, Dola, Malcolm Mitchell and Chris Hogan, White, and Bennet. Certainly not bad, but not studded with stars. No Gronk. That 2016 crew could've gone punch for punch with any team this year. Pretty thin margins in building a workable roster and having health.

Last edited:
Wasn't a postseason game, but that throw vs. the Saints to finish a big-time comeback was awesome.
Can't remember the year. Maybe 2013?

Wasn't a postseason game, but that throw vs. the Saints to finish a big-time comeback was awesome.
Can't remember the year. Maybe 2013?

2013, day after my wedding. Same day as Ortiz’s grand slam against the Tigers.

2013, day after my wedding. Same day as Ortiz’s grand slam against the Tigers.

You know what, funny story about that. I was so hung over and sleep deprived and we were having a watch party for that game with a bunch of wedding guests. Pats had to punt to the Saints and I thought they could just kneel down to end the game so I went outside to load the car with all the wedding crap, had to get on with the rest of the day so we could go to Hawaii.

I did the math wrong and the Pats ended up getting the ball back with 30 seconds or so left and that incredible ending happened, and I missed it! I heard cheering from the house and was like WTF and saw the aftermath.

I was mad at myself for screwing up and leaving but even more mad that my new wife, brother, dad, and closest friends didn't look around to see where I was. Nobody noticed I was even gone. What a great family I have :rolleyes:

I got over it when Papi hit the grand slam, still get chills thinking about it.

I was mad at myself for screwing up and leaving but even more mad that my new wife, brother, dad, and closest friends didn't look around to see where I was. Nobody noticed I was even gone. What a great family I have :rolleyes:

I just hope you took the opportunity to call them out on it at the time. If there ever a perfect time to really let everyone have it...

I love this one....96 meadowlands vs Giants...4th down and long (iirc), Pat's were down 22-0...Bledsoe completes a dart over the middle to a falling down reaching backwards Troy brown who catches it lying down one his back behind his head...Pat's went on to win...a less obvious choice, but that's one that'll be w me forever...Pats got a bye w the win, which was unheard of given the teams history since the magic of 85

gotta love this... JB dropping it into Martysaurus Rex's arms while double covered... the highlight of Brissette's Patriots career...

Cassel to Moss to go to OT in 2008
Edelman to Amendola 2014 playoffs
Brady to Tompkins 2013 vs Saints
Brady to Gronk (2013? Was it the 24-point comeback game where he had the one handed catch in traffic?)
Brady to Edelman Falcons Super Bowl

Honorable mention:
The "popping open a can of soda" pass to Moss against 3 Miami defenders
Brady to Hogan to start the game tying drive against Atlanta
The 3rd and 14 dart in SB49 that Edelman held onto after getting hit by Chancellor

This pass was transcendent. Even better than the season saver he threw to Gronk a few minutes before. Look at way the pocket is collapsing at the last split second. Too bad the game didn't end differently, but we're talking about the best completions. This one belongs near the top. He was also hit 20 times.

brady-to-gronk-td.gif

Brady absorbs 20 hits in AFC title game loss to Broncos | NBC Sports Boston

Plunkett to Windsor to beat the Vikings in 1974.

The day I became a Pats fan.
I remember watching that game! Was at a friends house and we all went nuts... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots