PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 10 Risers before our first Pre-season Game

I'm surprised he has Strong there as he's been limited almost the entire camp. Cajuste is there as well...mildly surprised but glad to see it.
I think the reason is that Strong just passed JJ Taylor up on the depth chart in yesterday's practice. He saw time with the 2nd team. It's going to be interesting to see how many RB's we keep. I'm thinking the locks are:

D. Harris
Rham
Montgomery
Strong

We'll see how Kevin Harris looks as the pre season games start.

I believe this...

- WR Tre Nixon "Nixon fits New England's traditional slot receiver mold better than anyone else on the roster. His ability to explode off the line and get open early in the down is a reliable safety net for quarterbacks."

I think the reason is that Strong just passed JJ Taylor up on the depth chart in yesterday's practice. He saw time with the 2nd team. It's going to be interesting to see how many RB's we keep. I'm thinking the locks are:

D. Harris
Rham
Montgomery
Strong

We'll see how Kevin Harris looks as the pre season games start.
I think Kevin Harris is going to make the team. He was a beast when healthy in college.

I think Kevin Harris is going to make the team. He was a beast when healthy in college.
I'm looking forward to seeing him play tomorrow. There hasn't been a lot of news about him during training camp, so pre season games may be his time to shine as he should see a lot of action.

I'm surprised he has Strong there as he's been limited almost the entire camp. Cajuste is there as well...mildly surprised but glad to see it.
There was some speculation that BB would red shirt Strong similar to Damien Harris.

I hope not.

People forget that Mac Wilson had a very good rookie season followed by two injury plagued seasons. I think he could be a steal if he can stay healthy this season. I think the guy has the potential to be an impact player if he does.

I was a little surprised when I first read this: Good information though!!

Meyers at the top doesn't really surprise me, as it makes sense that Mac would look to his most reliable short range option while being under constant duress. The surprising one to me is Damien Harris.

Meyers at the top doesn't really surprise me, as it makes sense that Mac would look to his most reliable short range option while being under constant duress. The surprising one to me is Damien Harris.
In all the t/c reports, Meyers really hasn't been mentioned a lot, but in seeing this, it shouldn't surprise me as he may not be spectacular, but he's very steady and reliable!!

Last edited:
I like that Smith is getting so many receptions with Mac. Hopefully the new system will make him be the guy the Pats were hoping to get when they signed him.
From all accounts, Smith is having a great camp. Good to see Mac looking for him more.

In all the t/c reports, Meyers really hasn't been a mentioned a lot, but in seeing this, it shouldn't surprise me as he may not be spectacular, but he's very steady and reliable!!
I agree....Meyers hasn't been mentioned that much...which is why it is a little surprising. Thornton and the others near the bottom of the list probably got more receptions from Zappe and Hoyer. Would be interesting to see total receptions from all QB's. Plus whenever Thornton makes a catch...it's talked about quite a bit.

Winner: CB Jack Jones. One of the biggest questions with rookie players is whether or not they can string positive days together. Jack Jones, a fourth-round draft pick out of Arizona State, is doing just that. After a good performance on Monday that saw him register an interception and two pass breakups, he again played some very solid football on Tuesday. Jones broke up another pair of passes while working primarily on the perimeter of the defense.

Winner: CB Jack Jones. One of the biggest questions with rookie players is whether or not they can string positive days together. Jack Jones, a fourth-round draft pick out of Arizona State, is doing just that. After a good performance on Monday that saw him register an interception and two pass breakups, he again played some very solid football on Tuesday. Jones broke up another pair of passes while working primarily on the perimeter of the defense.
Good find Zuma, interesting read....it looks like both Jack Jones and Marcus Jones are building good momentum going into the preseason games. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see all three Jones's along with Mills on the field together at times.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back