PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Dungy's 18yo Son Found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
flutie2phelan said:
Today we are all Colts fans.
I wish Tony the best but don't put words like that in my mouth.

flutie2phelan said:

I'm a Pats fan expressing my condolences to Tony Dungy. I can't stand the Colts.

As a parent i can only image, but can't fully understand when the Dungy family is going through. I think a arent having to bury a child is the worse thing that can happen to someone. All you hopes and dreams for a child you love ..gone.

Our families prayers, thoughts and condolences to the Dungy family.

flutie2phelan said:
For all the boisterous ... not always good-natured ... derision we cast at our powerful new arch-rival ... every Patriots fan will be saddened by this.

Sympathy extends to the community of Colts fans ... whose enjoyment of their fabulous season ... will long be clouded by this tragedy.

Each of us who is a father or mother suffers vicariously with Tony and Mrs. Dungy, as they undergo what all the rest of us fear worst of all - the death of our child.
God grant them, first, strength ... and then, peace.
I was out most of the day, but when I heard the news on ESPN I came here to post something like what you wrote. But you have expressed my own feelings so well I will just say, "amen".

Willie55 said:
I'm a Pats fan expressing my condolences to Tony Dungy. I can't stand the Colts.

Thats how I feel. Never before have I hated a collection of players as much as I hate that team, yet Ive always had a lot of respect for Dungy who is by all accounts a good man. Maybe too good for the NFL which can be a rough and tumble world all its own. It's awful this happens to anyone, let alone someone who has carried himself with so much class throughout his entire career. He doesn't deserve this. His family doesn't deserve this. Nobody does.

I think that football for many of us is an escape and when tragic events like this "intrude" in this part of our lives it hits home harder than reading about a tragedy involving people you know nothing about. While in the course of talking "smack" with Colts fans many of us have critisized all levels of the Colts organization including coach Dungy.

One thing that was always apparent in all the rabid fan interaction was that you couldn't critisize coach Dungy's character at all. Coach Dungy obviously is a caring and genuine person. I don't think the length of this thread with heartfelt comments from an "opposing" teams fans shows our "class", I think it is a testament to the type of person coach Dungy is that his famlies tragedy can elicit this outpouring of emotion on a Pats board. My prayers are with the Dungy family.

flutie2phelan said:

Well, every day I'm a Dungy fan. I have never been nor will ever be a Colts fan.

I don't know what to say......wow. From what I have been reading, Mr. Dungy and his family are very strong in thier faith. They are gonna need every ounce they have of it, and then some.

Be strong Coach, be strong. We got your back.

My deepest sympathies to the Dungy family. I haven't the words, except may James Dungy rest in peace.

A sad day. My thoughts and prayers are with the Dungy family.

As a Colts fan, I really appreciate the kind words from all the Patriots fans.

Football is a game, and it provides us all such a wonderful distraction. Sometimes we forget that all those characters in our distraction are just people, like ourselves, with trials in their way and flaws to overcome. Plus they all get the added "bonus" of living their lives under the constant gaze of the public. I'll still enjoy the game, the show all these people work so hard to put on every week, but my thoughts about the people involved in the sport will forever be changed.

flutie2phelan said:

Whoaaa... immediately after 9/11 were we all Yankees fans? I think not. Condolences to the Dungy family, but I echo my fellow posters by saying this post crosses the line.

NOT a Dungy fan...but I empathize him and his family.

Here is a quote from one of the WORST presidents ever. This quote was his only sane grouping of words.

"There has never yet been a man in our history who led a life of ease whose name is worth remembering."

Theodore Roosevelt

...very true.

A very classy thread from a bunch of very classy fans.

Things like this really put thing's into perspective. What was important to me yesterday now seems trivial and downright silly, when compared to what Tony and Lauren are facing. As a father myself, I cringe every time I think about what they must be going through.

I pray with all my heart that he is able to find peace, whether it's with the Colt's or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft