PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomlin part of competition committee when catch rules were redefined

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterfallJumper

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Has Tomlin complained about it since the game? I feel like it is mostly his players who are losing their mind about it.

This is fair. Only the players are complaining. But they should direct their ire toward their own coach, not the officials who called the play correctly per the rules.

giphy.gif

Let’s not laugh about this. Remember how B.B. advocated for moving the XP back and then Gostkowski missed the all important kick in the AFC championship in Denver.

As much as i think Tomlin is a clown, he's not blaming the refs for the loss
He has no basis to. No credit is due to him. None.

Like/Dislike the rule (I hate it) its clear as day.

As much as i think Tomlin is a clown, he's not blaming the refs for the loss

No, and I never said that he was. His players have been complaining about it, though, and so has the Steeler's fanbase. They might as well know where they should lodge their complaints. ;)

Here's the problem:

The only cut and dry solution is to go back to common sense: It's not a catch if the ball hits the ground before it's clearly and cleanly possessed. Since those days are gone, the need to make the call as objective as possible means you need a rule of this nature.

For all the *****ing about the rule, it's a good one. Like the tuck rule, it's a rule that should be kept, because it moves a level of subjectivity out of a hazy play, and the technology is generally up to an acceptable level for usage in determining the call. Unlike the tuck rule, it probably will be kept, at least for now.

Let’s not laugh about this. Remember how B.B. advocated for moving the XP back and then Gostkowski missed the all important kick in the AFC championship in Denver.
It's true, and we were sweating out the same issue yesterday when Ghost missed one, albeit on a bad snap. Good thing our memories are short!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe