PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomlin is a bad coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambam94

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
so I guess we know why their clock management was so bad. With the radio issues, no one was able to tell Tomlin to call a time out..he's too stupid to know that himself? some coach.

I was just coming to post about the Steelers' coaching. I don't know how Tomlin is in terms of broad schemes and strategy, hiring decisions, player motivation, etc., but his real-time game management last night was shockingly bad. Consistently bungled clock management. Wrong numbers of players on the field. Players looking confused. You'd never guess that the HC was starting his 7th season with the team.

Not to mention he just fired one of the all time great defensive coordinators and his defense was completely lost at times last night. How do you forget to cover Gronk? And 10 guys on the field? Oh, but the headsets... pathetic.

Glad you started this thread. Was wondering about Tomlin last night. What is it that he actually does? Every time the camera showed him he was just standing there. Mouth closed. Does he participate during games?

Just heard Shannon Sharpe on Sirius call him his favorite coach. Haha. Sharpe is so dopey.

IDK, I know I can be easily distracted by Zolak's vast knowledge of unicorns and show ponies. I can see how hard it might be for Tomlin to concentrate while listening to the color commentator stylings of Zo.

This guy has been an NFL head coach since 2007. Hes been to two Super Bowls. He's won in his league. My perception of him going into this game was favorable.

The clock management around the 2 minute warning was inexcusable. He needs to lay off the NyQuil.

I was just coming to post about the Steelers' coaching. I don't know how Tomlin is in terms of broad schemes and strategy, hiring decisions, player motivation, etc., but his real-time game management last night was shockingly bad. Consistently bungled clock management. Wrong numbers of players on the field. Players looking confused. You'd never guess that the HC was starting his 7th season with the team.

I always felt he benefited greatly from Cowher in both team talent and coaching staff. The Steelers have been in a slow decline talent-wise overall (admittedly Bell and Brown were not misses) since.

Belichick would be taking heads after one episode of clock management and absent players, and that really was the order of the day for Tomlin. The fact he whines about any external issues shows how far he is from BB in terms of standing as a head coach and simple lack of focus on what matters.

I've never been a Tomlin fan, but that might have been the worst clock management down the stretch as I've ever seen. Philly in SB39 look efficient by comparison.

We are used to superb clock management which is a Brady/Belichick hallmark, we often forget most teams suck at it... even during the Stteelers hurry up offense was painfully slow..

The difference between Brady & Rothlisberger and Belichick & Tomlin was never more evident as it was last night..

We are used to superb clock management which is a Brady/Belichick hallmark, we often forget most teams suck at it... even during the Stteelers hurry up offense was painfully slow..

The difference between Brady & Rothlisberger and Belichick & Tomlin was never more evident as it was last night..

Agreed, though I watch a lot of football and that might have been the worst clock management I've ever seen. It was so stupid that I was literally getting frustrated even though it was salting away the victory.

and I blame Ben as well, betweeen the 2 of them, neither knew how many time outs were left and they were running out of time?

Is their another division that builds their teams almost exclusively to combat their inter-division members. Four outdoor teams that compete in identical climate conditions. No other division is structured like this.
The reality is ...Pitt is better than most...much like Baltimore....but they succumb to the inevitable cycles of success in today's NFL where every team is supposed to meet in the middle.
BB/ Brady/Kraft's sustained success is not supposed to happen...which is all the more remarkable.

Back to the OP.......BB may just have Tomlin's number. Some systems fair poorly vs certain teams but thrive in their own division....like Pitt. BB has had problems vs certain coaches as well. Shanahan comes to mind. McCarthy ( I think)

Agreed, though I watch a lot of football and that might have been the worst clock management I've ever seen. It was so stupid that I was literally getting frustrated even though it was salting away the victory.

It was pretty funny how the announcers couldn't keep the frustrated disgust out of their voices. You could almost hear their fingernails scraping their scalps.

It was pretty funny how the announcers couldn't keep the frustrated disgust out of their voices. You could almost hear their fingernails scraping their scalps.
I finally muted the game. Couldn't listen to it anymore.

Worst part about their 2 min drill is that they were still shuffling players to different spots on the field. That kills like 5-10 secs.

This is the beauty of the Patriots offensive approach. Each play is just a concept. It's hard cos each player needs to know all the assignments but super efficient in 2 min drill. By the way, Haley runs a west coast offense, I believe.

the same tomlin who tried to trip a raven player?? isnt that cheating??
this guy hasn't won anything without cowhers's players. also lost to tebow in the playoffs..

overrated coach

so I guess we know why their clock management was so bad. With the radio issues, no one was able to tell Tomlin to call a time out..he's too stupid to know that himself? some coach.

You won't get any argument from Steeler's fans. They want him gone but Rooney will never do it unless there is a full scale fan revolt. It was the same issue in NYJ land with Herm. It's a different level of tolerance for a minority coach.

I've never been a Tomlin fan, but that might have been the worst clock management down the stretch as I've ever seen. Philly in SB39 look efficient by comparison.

So you never saw Herm Edwards as coach of the NYJ?
He was as befuddled by the time clock as most folks are of quantum mechanics.
Hilarity every week.

So you never saw Herm Edwards as coach of the NYJ?
He was as befuddled by the time clock as most folks are of quantum mechanics.
Hilarity every week.

That was worse than anything Herm ever did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots