PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady's "Rivals", False GOATs and Hangers-On

Bill Cower was a dirty coach. There is no doubt in my mind he had Hines Ward intentionally take out Rodney Harrison.

20 yards away from the play and Ward just rolled right into his leg from his blind side. It's disgusting that there were no suspensions and record breaking fines for such a deliberate hit like that.
They're still cheap and dirty. When the NYFL tried to eliminate head hits they were the most vocal against it, on the field and off. Unfortunately, one of their own players ended up a victim of that attitude.

They're still cheap and dirty. When the NYFL tried to eliminate head hits they were the most vocal against it, on the field and off. Unfortunately, one of their own players ended up a victim of that attitude.
Yeah as much crap as Belichick gets in the media, he doesn't coach.

Could you imagine the suspension Bill would have gotten if he did what Mike Tomlin did tripping a player on the sidelines?

Palmer was never the same after the Steelers kneecapped him, though he did have that one nice late career season on the Cardinals. Then again the Bengals and Raiders are trash organizations so it's hard to say how he would have done on a better run team for most of his career.
My wife had a classmate who was on the Bengals' SB team so I pulled for them.

Yeah as much crap as Belichick gets in the media, he doesn't coach.

Could you imagine the suspension Bill would have gotten if he did what Mike Tomlin did tripping a player on the sidelines?
Oh yeah, Mike Triplin...

miketomlintrip.gif

And he was laughing about it afterward

What is talent as it relates to this claim? Be specific.
I think Mahomes has a better arm and velocity than Manning. His more mobile.

Is he ahead of Manning? Nope. Mahomes has to win a few more SB's and MVP's.

I cringed every time Manning in his prime lined up against us thinking something bad was about to happen to my team. I'm almost there with Mahomes too.

I cringed every time Manning in his prime lined up against us thinking something bad was about to happen to my team. I'm almost there with Mahomes too.
Yep, since I’ve started watching, Manning is the one guy who I always thought something bad would happen when he lined up against the Patriots. Mahomes is almost there. I never got that feeling with Rodgers or Brees.

Yeah I feel like every drive is going to end up in a TD.

I suppose his "Weakness" is that he's prone to alot of hits. He took some shots yesterday. Sometimes it's the line. But other times I feel he tries to do too much. Which in result leads to said hits.

I'd still take him going forward over anyone else.

I'd take him over every other QB (Except Brady) with a SB on the line and not much time left.

I get the arm strength/arm angle thing. Mahomes can make some incredible throws.

Manning was sacked a remarkably low rate, though. I think mobility is overrated in this case. On some plays, sure. Overall, I’ll take the super quick decision making and release.

I get the arm strength/arm angle thing. Mahomes can make some incredible throws.

Manning was sacked a remarkably low rate, though. I think mobility is overrated in this case. On some plays, sure. Overall, I’ll take the super quick decision making and release.
Yeah Manning was a master at reading a defense and avoiding sacks. He was like his own OC in ways.

I've just looked at some of the loaded rosters he had in Indy. Crazy amount of talent. The fact they only won one SB is crazier.

Just goes to show its a team sport.

Yeah Manning was a master at reading a defense and avoiding sacks. He was like his own OC in ways.

I've just looked at some of the loaded rosters he had in Indy. Crazy amount of talent. The fact they only won one SB is crazier.

Just goes to show its a team sport.

Just goes to show his failures were mostly on him. Those teams were great…the narrative throughout his career in Indy was that he was carrying a rag tag team of misfits.

Just goes to show his failures were mostly on him. Those teams were great…the narrative throughout his career in Indy was that he was carrying a rag tag team of misfits.
Harrison (Hofer), Wayne (Borderline HOFer, #1 receiver on any other team), James, Clark, Addai, Brackett, Sanders, Mathis, Beathea, and Freeney. That is an embarrassment of riches. I didn't even mention their line which was stacked.

There's no way they should've lost to the Steelers, Chargers x 2. Saints were a good story. But the Colts were better up and down the rosters. They should've handled them by at least a TD.

I guess you could say Brady usually did more with less. While Manning did less with more.

Harrison (Hofer), Wayne (Borderline HOFer, #1 receiver on any other team), James, Clark, Addai, Brackett, Sanders, Mathis, Beathea, and Freeney. That is an embarrassment of riches. I didn't even mention their line which was stacked.

There's no way they should've lost to the Steelers, Chargers x 2. Saints were a good story. But the Colts were better up and down the rosters. They should've handled them by at least a TD.

I guess you could say Brady usually did more with less. While Manning did less with more.
Yes, I always laughed when they said Peyton didnt win more because he had a bad defense. His only two superbowls were basically because they won in spite of his bad play because of the defense. 2006 Colts won the superbowl Peyton had 3 td's and 7 ints in the playoffs. 2015, he was barely even there going 9 td's and 17 ints that year and defense basically carried them through. He always had all pro's on offense, hall of famers literally. Running back HOF, receiver HOF. great line. Offensive minded coaches.

He had trouble with better teams. That's why he holds a One & Done record that will never be broken.

Seek help.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back