PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady's 40 Longest TD Throws: You won't believe #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best TB TD pass I ever saw was not on this list. I forgot some details but i think it was in 2006.

It was a 20 yard TD pass but what made it amazing was he was face masked while throwing it and the face mask actually turned his head 90 degrees but he read it already and kept his body tight and delivered it partly blind for a perfect strike and TD. The penalty was declined of course :p

#4 to Brown was a turning point for this entire team. Those were the days when Miami was still very good. Going down there and fighting and scraping like they did to pull out the win was fantastic. Still one of my favorite games.

Last edited:
In case anybody is wondering, here is a list of the players that have caught a Tom Brady touchdown pass:
  1. Sam Aiken (2)
  2. Danny Amendola (8, plus 3 post-season)
  3. Tom Ashworth (1)
  4. Chris Baker (2)
  5. Martellus Bennett (6)
  6. LeGarrette Blount (1)
  7. Brandon Bolden (2)
  8. Kyle Brady (2)
  9. Deion Branch (24, plus 4 post-season)
  10. Troy Brown (15, plus 1 post-season)
  11. Reche Caldwell (4, plus 1 post-season)
  12. Larry Centers (1)
  13. Scott Chandler (4)
  14. Cam Cleeland (1)
  15. Alge Crumpler (2, plus 1 post-season)
  16. Andre' Davis (1)
  17. James Develin (1 post-season)
  18. Corey Dillon (2)
  19. Aaron Dobson (4)
  20. Tim Dwight (2)
  21. Julian Edelman (24, plus 5 post-season)
  22. Marc Edwards (2)
  23. Heath Evans (1)
  24. Kevin Faulk (10, plus 1 post-season)
  25. Christian Fauria (13)
  26. Michael Floyd (1)
  27. Doug Gabriel (3)
  28. Jabar Gaffney (6, plus 3 post-season)
  29. David Givens (12, plus 7 post-season)
  30. Terry Glenn (1)
  31. Daniel Graham (17, plus 1 post-season)
  32. Rob Gronkowski (67, plus 9 post-season)
  33. Donald Hayes (2)
  34. Aaron Hernandez (18, plus 2 post-season)
  35. Chris Hogan (3, plus 2 post-season)
  36. Michael Hoomanawanui (1)
  37. Chad Jackson (3)
  38. Bethel Johnson (4, plus 1 post-season)
  39. Chad Johnson (1)
  40. Charles Johnson (1)
  41. Brandon LaFell (7, plus 2 post-season)
  42. Matt Lengel (1)
  43. Dion Lewis (2, plus 1 post-season)
  44. Brandon Lloyd (4, plus 1 post-season)
  45. Keshawn Martin (2)
  46. Malcolm Mitchell (4)
  47. Randy Moss (39, plus 1 post-season)
  48. Matthew Mulligan (1)
  49. Patrick Pass (1)
  50. David Patten (16, plus 1 post-season)
  51. Antowain Smith (3)
  52. Nate Solder (1, post-season)
  53. Donte' Stallworth (4)
  54. Brandon Tate (2)
  55. David Thomas (1)
  56. Kenbrell Thompkins (4)
  57. Brian Tyms (1)
  58. Shane Vereen (7, plus 2 post-season)
  59. Mike Vrabel (8, plus 2 post-season)
  60. Dedric Ward (1)
  61. Ben Watson (17, plus 3 post-season)
  62. Wes Welker (34, plus 4 post-season)
  63. James White (9, plus 2 post-season)
  64. Jermaine Wiggins (3)
  65. Danny Woodhead (4, plus 1 post-season)
  66. Tim Wright (6)

#4 to Branch was a turning point for this entire team. Those were the days when Miami was still very good. Going down there and fighting and scraping like they did to pull out the win was fantastic. Still one of my favorite games.
Brown not branch

#4 to Branch was a turning point for this entire team. Those were the days when Miami was still very good. Going down there and fighting and scraping like they did to pull out the win was fantastic. Still one of my favorite games.
I was there at that game, on the opposite side of the camera. Troy caught the ball directly below me. People in the stands were passing out from the heat and humidity. Ricky Williams was running very well for Miami, and their TE (McMichael maybe?) was, well, doing what a lot of tight ends do against Patriot defenses over the years - getting open for a lot of yards while the wide receivers were shut down.

The defense came up huge at the end though. A chip shot field goal was blocked, and then a second field goal was missed (both that would have won the game, both from the infield dirt). Miami got the ball in OT but the Pats intercepted (don't remember who), and then on the first play from scrimmage the Pats scored that TD.

Awesome game. Normally it's a beer to celebrate afterwards, but instead our whole crew (and everyone else) was just searching for water...

I understand that ownership wants people in the seats and many want to avoid those conditions, but I still find it odd that Miami asks the schedule makers to avoid early season home games. Huge home field advantage for them. Wouldn't more wins generate more interest and more ticket sales?

It was actually to Troy brown, not Deion branch. And bb threw his clip board in the air right afterwards, biggest celebration from him I have ever seen

I was there at that game, on the opposite side of the camera. Troy caught the ball directly below me. People in the stands were passing out from the heat and humidity. Ricky Williams was running very well for Miami, and their TE (McMichael maybe?) was, well, doing what a lot of tight ends do against Patriot defenses over the years - getting open for a lot of yards while the wide receivers were shut down.

The defense came up huge at the end though. A chip shot field goal was blocked, and then a second field goal was missed (both from the infield dirt). Miami got the ball in OT but the Pats intercepted, and then on the first play from scrimmage the Pats scored that TD.

Awesome game. Normally it's a beer to celebrate afterwards, but instead everyone was just searching for water...

I understand that ownership wants people in the seats and many want to avoid those conditions, but I still find it odd that Miami asks the schedule makers to avoid early season home games. Huge home field advantage for them. Wouldn't more wins generate more interest and more ticket sales?

Florida Marlins were playing in a home game for the World Series that week, so the infield dirt was there, cost Miami the victory. Olindo Mare was an excellent kicker, but the infield dirt completely threw him off

That pass to brown is one of the best of Brady's career. It gave the franchise the confidence that they could go into Miami and beat them there. Remember, back then Miami was very very tough to beat at home. Arguably the turning point of the season.

That video was awesome! I loved it!

#26 is my favourite. I'm paraphrasing but it went kind of like this:

Branch: Coach wants us to take a knee.
Brady: Nah, We're gonna run this < insert play >.
Branch: Oooh, I like this play!

Snaps the ball, touchdown Branch! :D

I don't have the number, but I was surprised how many TDs on that list were from last season.

I had forgotten all about that one to Watson in '05 where he bounced off of defenders like a pinball.

The defense came up huge at the end though. A chip shot field goal was blocked, and then a second field goal was missed (both that would have won the game, both from the infield dirt). Miami got the ball in OT but the Pats intercepted (don't remember who), and then on the first play from scrimmage the Pats scored that TD.

And the senile ref (someone other than Tripplette, amazingly) screwed NE over on the OT coin toss.

Hogan being in there twice (after playing only 1 year here) and people (or was it person) thought that Hogan may be cut...hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back