PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady's 40 Longest TD Throws: You won't believe #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I developed a condition while watching this...

giphy.gif

They've tried it for 10 years, but some day Matthew Slater's going to be in that longest TD (and one TD) list!!!!!

#4 to Branch was a turning point for this entire team. Those were the days when Miami was still very good. Going down there and fighting and scraping like they did to pull out the win was fantastic. Still one of my favorite games.
Troy Brown was 4

Somebody should try to tackle Edelman.

Pretty amazing that Christian Fauria had more touchdowns from Brady than Kevin Faulk. Never would have guessed that.

And anyone who might say that not having Gronk isn't a big disadvantage to the Pats can just look at this list. 76 touchdowns! One guy!

The best TB TD pass I ever saw was not on this list. I forgot some details but i think it was in 2006.

It was a 20 yard TD pass but what made it amazing was he was face masked while throwing it and the face mask actually turned his head 90 degrees but he read it already and kept his body tight and delivered it partly blind for a perfect strike and TD. The penalty was declined of course :p

I remember that one....it's one of my faves as well. It was 2005 season against Tampa Bay.

And the senile ref (someone other than Tripplette, amazingly) screwed NE over on the OT coin toss.

And awarded Gadsden a catch to put Miami into FG range when he didn't get either foot in bounds. We're not talking toe taps that were just off the green either, it was several feet out, perhaps even a few yards.

Regretably, my remote didn't live to see NE survive; the last such device of mine to be sacrificed to the football gods. :)

I was there at that game, on the opposite side of the camera. Troy caught the ball directly below me. People in the stands were passing out from the heat and humidity. Ricky Williams was running very well for Miami, and their TE (McMichael maybe?) was, well, doing what a lot of tight ends do against Patriot defenses over the years - getting open for a lot of yards while the wide receivers were shut down.

The defense came up huge at the end though. A chip shot field goal was blocked, and then a second field goal was missed (both that would have won the game, both from the infield dirt). Miami got the ball in OT but the Pats intercepted (don't remember who), and then on the first play from scrimmage the Pats scored that TD.

Awesome game. Normally it's a beer to celebrate afterwards, but instead our whole crew (and everyone else) was just searching for water...

I understand that ownership wants people in the seats and many want to avoid those conditions, but I still find it odd that Miami asks the schedule makers to avoid early season home games. Huge home field advantage for them. Wouldn't more wins generate more interest and more ticket sales?
'
Yeah, I cant believe I wrote branch and not brown. Great write up on that game. I think I have that game on an old VCR tape...

Interesting that Terry Glenn caught just one TD pass from Brady - Brady's 1st NFL passing TD.

Hogan being in there twice (after playing only 1 year here) and people (or was it person) thought that Hogan may be cut...hahahaha
Hogan had more tds than Ocho cinco :p

I was asked if I had the TB12 TD list in order from most to least rather than alphabetical; here you go.

1. Rob Gronkowski (67), plus 9 post-season
  2. Randy Moss (39), plus 1 post-season
  3. Wes Welker (34), plus 4 post-season
  4. Julian Edelman (24), plus 5 post-season
  5. Deion Branch (24), plus 4 post-season
  6. Aaron Hernandez (18), plus 2 post-season
  7. Ben Watson (17), plus 3 post-season
  8. Daniel Graham (17), plus 1 post-season
  9. David Patten (16), plus 1 post-season
  10. Troy Brown (15), plus 1 post-season
  11. Christian Fauria (13)
  12. David Givens (12), plus 7 post-season
  13. Kevin Faulk (10), plus 1 post-season
  14. James White (9), plus 2 post-season
  15. Danny Amendola (8), plus 3 post-season
  16. Mike Vrabel (8), plus 2 post-season
  17. Brandon LaFell (7), plus 2 post-season
  18. Shane Vereen (7), plus 2 post-season
  19. Jabar Gaffney (6), plus 3 post-season
  20. Martellus Bennett (6)
  21. Tim Wright (6)
  22. Reche Caldwell (4), plus 1 post-season
  23. Bethel Johnson (4), plus 1 post-season
  24. Brandon Lloyd (4), plus 1 post-season
  25. Danny Woodhead (4), plus 1 post-season
  26. Scott Chandler (4)
  27. Aaron Dobson (4)
  28. Malcolm Mitchell (4)
  29. Donte' Stallworth (4)
  30. Kenbrell Thompkins (4)
  31. Chris Hogan (3), plus 2 post-season
  32. Doug Gabriel (3)
  33. Chad Jackson (3)
  34. Antowain Smith (3)
  35. Jermaine Wiggins (3)
  36. Alge Crumpler (2), plus 1 post-season
  37. Dion Lewis (2), plus 1 post-season
  38. Sam Aiken (2)
  39. Chris Baker (2)
  40. Brandon Bolden (2)
  41. Kyle Brady (2)
  42. Corey Dillon (2)
  43. Tim Dwight (2)
  44. Marc Edwards (2)
  45. Donald Hayes (2)
  46. Keshawn Martin (2)
  47. Brandon Tate (2)
  48. Tom Ashworth (1)
  49. LeGarrette Blount (1)
  50. Larry Centers (1)
  51. Cam Cleeland (1)
  52. Andre' Davis (1)
  53. Heath Evans (1)
  54. Michael Floyd (1)
  55. Terry Glenn (1)
  56. Michael Hoomanawanui (1)
  57. Chad Johnson (1)
  58. Charles Johnson (1)
  59. Matt Lengel (1)
  60. Matthew Mulligan (1)
  61. Patrick Pass (1)
  62. David Thomas (1)
  63. Brian Tyms (1)
  64. Dedric Ward (1)
  65. James Develin (1 post-season)
  66. Nate Solder (1 post-season)

Vinny Testaverde hold the NFL record for the most touchdown passes thrown to different players (70), but Brady owns the mark for the most thrown to different players on a single team. By comparison Brett Favre threw touchdowns to 44 different Green Bay Packers, and Peyton Manning threw TDs to 35 different Indianapolis Colts.

Also, here is the playoffs-only listing:
  1. 9 - Rob Gronkowski
  2. 7 - David Givens
  3. 5 - Julian Edelman
  4. 4 - Deion Branch
  5. 4 - Wes Welker
  6. 3 - Danny Amendola
  7. 3 - Jabar Gaffney
  8. 3 - Ben Watson
  9. 2 - Aaron Hernandez
  10. 2 - Chris Hogan
  11. 2 - Brandon LaFell
  12. 2 - Shane Vereen
  13. 2 - Mike Vrabel
  14. 2 - James White
  15. 1 - Troy Brown
  16. 1 - Reche Caldwell
  17. 1 - Alge Crumpler
  18. 1 - James Develin
  19. 1 - Kevin Faulk
  20. 1 - Daniel Graham
  21. 1 - Bethel Johnson
  22. 1 - Dion Lewis
  23. 1 - Brandon Lloyd
  24. 1 - Randy Moss
  25. 1 - David Patten
  26. 1 - Nate Solder
  27. 1 - Danny Woodhead

Vinny Testaverde hold the NFL record for the most touchdown passes thrown to different players (70), but Brady owns the mark (66) for the most thrown to different players on a single team.

So Brady needs to throw a TD to five new players to set the record. One hopes Cooks gets at least one TD pass this year. Do we have four other likely new targets that'll make the team?

So Brady needs to throw a TD to five new players to set the record. One hopes Cooks gets at least one TD pass this year. Do we have four other likely new targets that'll make the team?
There are the running backs (Burkhead and Gillislee), so that should make three including Cooks. Then at tight end there is Allen and possibly O'Shauhnessy. There is also always the chance of a pass to an eligible OL such as Fleming. There is also the inevitable mid-season addition.

Not a sure thing, but there is a decent chance for Brady to break Vinny's TD record in 2017.

One last thought: it feels strange to write that Tom Brady is on the verge of breaking an NFL record set by Vinny Testaverde....

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back