PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady will retire in at LEAST 2 years [EDIT: Tom will PLAY at LEAST 2 more years]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of us already believe he will play two more years. This article (and all of the gymnastics regarding the title) really adds nothing.

I am still trying to figure out how he got invited to the "Milken Institute Global Conference", seems like a strange venue for #12.. it is a members only event, and the entry level for a member is $12.5K....

Global Conference 2018 - Program Detail

As someone about to turn 45, I describe my mid-40s as 47-49 years old. I hope Brady does the same!

I know hsi cno one on here wants to hear this, but his play will determine when he retires, not some arbitrary date he has in his mind.

I know you don't want to believe it since you need to fit everyone here into your predetermined picture of us but there are plenty of people here that believe his play and/or health may well be greater factors than his domestic circumstances. That doesn't make his consideration of his wife's wishes an arbitrary or trivial thing.

So Brady told Oprah ... "Sooner rather than later"

Have to wonder if that means 1 more year - I thought 2 years and I doubt 3 years.

Too bad the Pats don't have a young QB ready to take over
They probably will by the time he is ready to retire. They developed one that he outlasted and there was no way to keep that looked decent so I’m sure they could do it again.

So Brady told Oprah ... "Sooner rather than later"

Have to wonder if that means 1 more year - I thought 2 years and I doubt 3 years.
I’m sure Brady doesn’t know. His real answer was as long as he can play at this level and is motivated. There isn’t an expiration date stamped on him. When it’s time it’s time.

Thousands of people have asked him this question. And he consistently has said he wants to play as long as it’s at a high level. To be repeatedly asked this question must really wear him down, and since Oprah was asking I’m not surprised he gave her a slightly different but similar answer. I read it the same as always, he will stop playing before he sucks. There is too much respect to Kraft and B.B. for Brady to quit after a year or two with no backup in place and leaving the team floundering.

The biggest take I got from the whole piece is that he took advantage of the month of from the suspension and never felt better. I think the whole team knows this and that’s why he’s not at OTAs.

They probably will by the time he is ready to retire. They developed one that he outlasted and there was no way to keep that looked decent so I’m sure they could do it again.
This may be tough to do again and may be asking too much by the time Brady retires. Team's have a hard time as it is finding ONE competent QB to start. Cassel was kind of flukey and wouldn't have been a good starting QB had Brady retired back then. Jimmy G was the only one out of all the QB's they've drafted in the last 17 years that could've taken over were Brady left off. Not that I agree or like it but I think that's why BB may have been trying to trade up for one of the top QB's in this year's draft as it's not easy grooming QB's.

This may be tough to do again and may be asking too much by the time Brady retires. Team's have a hard time as it is finding ONE competent QB to start. Cassel was kind of flukey and wouldn't have been a good starting QB had Brady retired back then. Jimmy G was the only one out of all the QB's they've drafted in the last 17 years that could've taken over were Brady left off. Not that I agree or like it but I think that's why BB may have been trying to trade up for one of the top QB's in this year's draft as it's not easy grooming QB's.
I think he was trying to trade up for Mayfield until it became obvious that Mayfield was going to go #1 overall.

I think he was trying to trade up for Mayfield until it became obvious that Mayfield was going to go #1 overall.
Interesting how he was ranked behind Allen, Darnald and Rosen until the Pats were rumored to trade up for him. Then he suddenly goes 1st overall.

yeah...like the Jete had another team's war room wiretapped or something...nah, couldn't be...

Darth-Goodell-thumb.jpg

yeah...like the Jete had another team's war room wiretapped or something...nah, couldn't be...

Darth-Goodell-thumb.jpg
The Jete will rue not keeping their THREE second-round picks and picking Rosen.

sounds like a dreary green ode...."The Jete Will Rue..."....they even suck at English Lit....

The headline is wrong. He said he would play at least two more years. He didn't say anything about what year he would retire.

I suspect the truth behind his lack of participation is that his aging body needs more than stretching and prune juice to recover from last season.
I too, share your theory. I think he may have been more injured than he led on, at least to the general public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye