PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady TV Show? (mod edit: "Tom vs Time"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved episode 1 and was looking forward to 2 but honestly all of this SB42 talk is scaring me. I'm still not ready to watch or hear about that game.

I thought it interesting that he allows himself to get really upset in the car, but once he gets out, it’s back to the team-first, one-day-at-a-time positive focus. Anyone else think that maybe those rumors about Brady being upset with Belichick might have been overheard during his “car moments?”

Then the leak was the documentary guy or McDaniels? Not likely. Also any issue would be Belichick being over-ridden by Kraft, why would Brady be upset , that makes no sense. Far more likely that Wankershaft wrote a lying BS article like he wrote the prior similar locker room dissent article about the Seahawks

I think it was about 30 seconds...3 time-outs...and they had to go like 40 yards for a thing 54yd FG.
I still can’t get over B.B. going for it on 4th down and 13 from the NYG 31.
This times a hundred.

No idea why then didn’t work the middle of the field and try and get into field goal range. With no time outs, I’d totally get the home run balls, but my goodness man, you have three. Just go for the tie.

And that 4th and 13 is one of the most undertold stories of that game. No clue what Bill was thinking there. In a slugfest game like that, you take all the easy points you can get. At best, you’re up a touchdown. At the very worst, the Giants would’ve gotten the ball at the very same spot you gave them the ball back anyway by failing to convert a low percentage down. Total head scratcher.

Last edited:
Then the leak was the documentary guy or McDaniels? Not likely. Also any issue would be Belichick being over-ridden by Kraft, why would Brady be upset , that makes no sense. Far more likely that Wankershaft wrote a lying BS article like he wrote the prior similar locker room dissent article about the Seahawks
I’m sorry, apparently I wasn’t being clear. I wasn’t saying that the camera guy was one of the sources of the article. What I meant was that I suspect is that there are people in Tom’s entourage who have been with him during the times he allows himself to ***** (car time) who have then been sources that say Tom wants the Player of the Week prize or who is pissed about whatever. But that is only how Tom feels for a short window of time, when he’s frustrated, but when he gets out of car time, he gets his mind back in the team-first mentality.

This times a hundred.

No idea why then didn’t work the middle of the field and try and get into field goal range. With no time outs, I’d totally get the home run balls, but my goodness man, you have three. Just go for the tie.

And that 4th and 13 is one of the most undertold stories of that game. No clue what Bill was thinking there. In a slugfest game like that, you take all the easy points you can get. At best, you’re up a touchdown. At the very worst, the Giants would’ve gotten the ball at the very same spot you gave them the ball back anyway by failing to convert a low percentage down. Total head scratcher.

If I recall, the few articles that actually delved deeper than “oh look, upset! 18-1!!!” Basically boiled the decision down to the “hubris of Belichick.”
Of course, he never did or will break down his thought process at the time. I can’t believe 10 years and 2 (maybe 3) more Super Bowls haven’t healed the hurt. Wasn’t that game also February 4, 2008?

The painting in one of the rooms seem to be a Picasso, Figure composée II 1949. The other one looks like a Miró, but I'm not sure which.
well I know what my next purchase is

If I recall, the few articles that actually delved deeper than “oh look, upset! 18-1!!!” Basically boiled the decision down to the “hubris of Belichick.”
Of course, he never did or will break down his thought process at the time. I can’t believe 10 years and 2 (maybe 3) more Super Bowls haven’t healed the hurt. Wasn’t that game also February 4, 2008?

It was February 3. February 3 was also the day Super Bowl XXXVI was played. So that day is associated with some good for us too.

I think that game hurts so much because think of the legacy that the team missed out on. They would have been named the no.1 team in the history of the NFL. There would be no talk of the Giants being the only team to "own" New England. We'd probably have a few more Hall of Famers (Bruschi with 4 rings, Rodney with 3..they probably get in. Moss would become a surefire first ballot HOFer).

This times a hundred.

Bill allegedly apologized to the team after that game. I wonder if that play stood out the most in his mind

This times a hundred.

Was it something about the kicker that year he did not trust? Was it the Moss factor that threw caution to the wind?

Hmm. The hurt has been totally healed for me given the two additional Super Bowls with #6 on the way.

In the second episode, Brady mentions how great Moss played in that game, yet I thought Moss was pretty much a non factor - in all of the playoffs. Welker played great but that was about it.

Brady just on WEEI really pissed off ! at Reimer comments about daughter , said so and said maybe we will talk again . Might not be on WEEi again

Just heard this what a little weasel Reimer is. I think he's trying to hard to be Kirk but he made a potentially fatal career move there. Hope Brady comes back on eventually I always appreciated his insight as this is the only reason I listen to those hardos in the am

In the second episode, Brady mentions how great Moss played in that game, yet I thought Moss was pretty much a non factor - in all of the playoffs. Welker played great but that was about it.

It may seem he wasn't but you have to remember what he did for their short passing game. Even if he only had that one to in the SB he was keeping their secondary honest. Also one TD in that game was roughly 40% of the Patriots points production as that was a low scoring game

Brady just on WEEI really pissed off ! at Reimer comments about daughter , said so and said maybe we will talk again . Might not be on WEEi again
NESN article on it:

Tom Brady Addresses Recent Comments About His Daughter, Cuts Interview Short

“Well, I think that — I’ve tried to come on this show for many years and have showed you guys a lot of respect,” Brady said. “I’ve always tried to come on and do a good job for you guys, so it’s very disappointing when you hear that, certainly. But my daughter or any child, they certainly don’t deserve that.” Co-host Kirk Minihane apologized to Brady and said he understood the QB’s disappointment. Here was Brady’s response: “I’ll obviously evaluate whether I want to come on this show again, so I really don’t have much to say this morning. So, maybe I’ll speak with you guys some other time.” Brady then ended the interview.

is it appropriate to ask what Reimer said? No worries if its not

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore