PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady speculation (from some weird site)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reasons such garbage sites exists are because of money and advertisers...It is ONE THING to give opinion...and THAT I always am in favor of...but what was written was said AS FACT..and THAT is garbage..and those that SUPPORT GARBAGE need to be told that OTHERS DO NOT LIKE THAT... And that is why I will e-mail their sponsers....because THAT is where the buck stops..THOSE sponsers have a reputation..and by backing MANURE it will stain them...and that is how one can do a little bit to clean up the web..and the garbage. ..

Last edited:
HIPAA applies to those treating physicians, which if you real the article carefully and parse the words, doesn't say that these guys are. They could be orthopods who have no connection to the case who are giving their professional opinions based on information that is in the public domain. Throw in a sprinkle of professional rivalry or jealousy and you've got a " he'll never play again because of the way the first surgery was done." Take it for what it's worth......

Actually, it covers anyone who comes into contact with medical records. For example, if you sign up for life insurance, you may have to sign a HIPAA form agreeing to let the company access your medical records. But that same agreement also prohibits the company from disclosing those records to anyone outside the company, or from disclosing that information to anyone that doesn't need to see it.

One thing is for sure, putting an article out like this will get your website more hits.

One thing is for sure, putting an article out like this will get your website more hits.
Yes..and also as far as I am concerned..grief!! It is one thing to HAVE opinions another to state facts like this. For the sponsers of this website and there are some well known ones I see on it..I am going to write and complain to them as they are sponsering such garbage. If they see no problem..with it their is a problem with them..and THAt is what I wish to make clear to them. The Kowloon...Ernie Boch..if they think manure like that is alright..they can be thrown in the garbage as well. And I think any who see it as garbage need to do that. This isn't about OPINION that Brady is not playing again..it was put on there as FACT..and that is BS!! One may get the hits, but the better have something to back it up..or else they need to be flushed.

Well it is short lived though. Anyone still go to Tom Casale's... ummm... Tommy Rider's site any time after they read and/or responded to his bs article "exposing" the inner workings of the Patriots? I didn't and personally I can't even remember the site name. I wouldn't go to that site again because I know it doesn't care about journalistic integrity.

Same thing with this site. Even if they had the best sports writers in the country, I will never know because I will never go to that site again since I find it as a joke. I totally believe this story was made up to put their site on the map. I do agree with the poster that no surgereon would talk about Brady's injury the way the annonymous surgeon is quoted in the article. I don't think a doctor with intimate knowledge of Brady's recovery would give a site like that an exclusive and, in doing so, engage in an act that would risk destroying his medical career. The site has no credibility with me and is a cheap imitation of barstoolsports.com anyway. I will never visit it again where I might have if they actually put out real stories.

Last edited:
Actually, it covers anyone who comes into contact with medical records. .
You're right but my point was that the commenting orthopedists may not ( and probably haven't ) seen TB or viewed his medical records and were giving 'curbside consults" as it were based on thirdhand information available to all. As such, they probably ( if my assumptions were true) were not covered under HIPAA....
The way the Patriots keep a lid on information, the first a treating physician comments without expressed permission from the player AND the organization, in addition to being a HIPAA violation. it is safe to assume that it will be the LAST time they ever treat a Patriot player.

Last edited:
You're right but my point was that the commenting orthopedists may not ( and probably haven't ) seen TB or viewed his medical records and were giving 'curbside consults" as it were based on thirdhand information available to all. As such, they probably ( if my assumptions were true) were not covered under HIPAA....
The way the Patriots keep a lid on information, the first a treating physician comments without expressed permission from the player AND the organization, in addition to being a HIPAA violation. it is safe to assume that it will be the LAST time they ever treat a Patriot player.

Yeah, but, with all due respect to you (not the POS who wrote the "exposé"), the basic premise of the article appears to be "we have this exclusive information." How could anyone with as little information as has been made available know Brady is done?

Also, let's not forget that we don't even know that these orthopods exist in the first place. ;)

I have the feeling this so called "sports website" is put together by the Manning brothers with their blatant hatred for all that is Tom Brady and the Patriots. :rolleyes:
Brady and Peyton Manning are reportedly friends.

Off to the Practice Squad with this thread. Are you kidding me with this stuff ?

I disagree. I think that the Poster put enough caveats around the link and what he said.

What I think this illustrates is that there is still a vacuum around what we know about TB's surgery and recovery. Just saying once and generally that everything is fine, given the infection and the history of recovery from this injury by other players, invites speculation. You might argue that it shouldn't, but, in reality, it does. If we lived in an ideal world, the vague assurances that the Pats and Brady have provided would be enough. But we don't.

I am not in any way at all condoning or agreeing with what this site published. Apparently, these are not reputable guys. But they can get away with this, in part, because there is a lack of information on where things stand.

My own conclusion is that the silence says that things aren't going well. You might conclude something else. I think that the Pats are quietly weighing all their options and want to do so outside of a media spotlight. That's their right, but it's also our right to speculate about this. It's a legitimate concern of interested fans who invest ticket money and/or time in the team.

Last edited:
Yeah, but, with all due respect to you (not the POS who wrote the "exposé"), the basic premise of the article appears to be "we have this exclusive information." How could anyone with as little information as has been made available know Brady is done?

Also, let's not forget that we don't even know that these orthopods exist in the first place. ;)
Bingo, they are interested in clicks...(and chicks from the site) and we ( or some of us) responded by going to the site for their "exclusive info" . Since they didn't name their orthopods, for all we know it could be Dr. Demento and Dr. Pepper......

My own conclusion is that the silence says that things aren't going well. You might conclude something else.
Conclude all you want, with no facts - ZERO - your conclusion is useless. How can you reach a conclusion with the only fact being that you don't know anything ?

I work in health care and I think one thing I have definitely observed is that in a complicated situation (and this surgery was complicated by the two joint infections) it is inevitable that the prognosis will differ greatly from Doctor to Doctor. There are thousands of surgeons out there and I don't think it would hard to find one that has a radically negative opinion. Whoever said this probably does not know the case and probably just said something in the moment that these guys ran with. However even if this were true just because one surgeon has this opinion really means nothing, especially considering the liklihood that he knows little about the case. Trust me in a complicated ambiguous medical situation you can find a doctor who will say whatever you want to hear if you shop hard enough.

I dont think people should get mad at the guy who posted this because he was just putting it out there for people to see and he did so with caveats.

My own conclusion is that the silence says that things aren't going well. You might conclude something else. I think that the Pats are quietly weighing all their options and want to do so outside of a media spotlight. That's their right, but it's also our right to speculate about this. It's a legitimate concern of interested fans who invest ticket money and/or time in the team.

If things were going badly, the obvious solution would be to extend the guy who knows your system and has been producing and improving.

My own conclusion is that the silence says that things aren't going well. You might conclude something else.

The silence and the fact that he's been out and about tends to suggest that his graft is OK (knock on wood) and that the rehab is back on track. It would be nearly impossible for Brady to have had his graft fail, have another surgery, and there be "silence". The fact that we're well past the 6 week course of antibiotics suggests that the infection cleared, the graft survived.

In fact, the longer we go with silence, the better. Think about it, the only time we've heard anything about his rehab was when something went wrong.

A more reputable source, Breer, agrees.

The silence and the fact that he's been out and about tends to suggest that his graft is OK (knock on wood) and that the rehab is back on track. It would be nearly impossible for Brady to have had his graft fail, have another surgery, and there be "silence". The fact that we're well past the 6 week course of antibiotics suggests that the infection cleared, the graft survived.

In fact, the longer we go with silence, the better. Think about it, the only time we've heard anything about his rehab was when something went wrong.

The fact that he always wears long pants instead of comfortable shorts indicates to me that he must have a wooden leg.

Oh, its winter up there isn't it? Never mind.:confused3:

I reject their reality and substitute my own....much better!

Conclude all you want, with no facts - ZERO - your conclusion is useless. How can you reach a conclusion with the only fact being that you don't know anything ?

No argument. That's why I said you might conclude something else. My view is that if there were good news to report, they would be saying something more. Maybe I'm wrong. Hope I am.

Thanks. I hope your read is the right one!

No argument. That's why I said you might conclude something else. My view is that if there were good news to report, they would be saying something more. Maybe I'm wrong. Hope I am.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but i think you are way wrong. When has this team ever broadcast any news, good or bad? Ever?

If I heard loads of reports on how he was doing, I'g get nervous because it is not in character for the team. Besides, it's really too early for the news to MEAN anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back