PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady since "Deflategate" garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhExaulted1

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Since the second half of the 2015 AFCCG and the ridiculous assumption that air pressure in footballs enhanced his performance Brady has gone 797-1218 for a 65.4% completion rate with 9,365 yards, 73 TD's and 13 Int's for a QB rating of 104.2 He's guided NE to a 25-5 record over that span (4 games out for BS).

Does it look to anyone reading this or watching him play think he's going to "fall of a cliff" and become an instant "bum" as Max Kellerman so eloquently put it? BSPN and the NYFL will forever be scorned in this region. The league has changed rules and over-enforced minor ones to try to stop this team and they continue to fail. It's a wonderful time to be a fan!

Given that his numbers have improved each of the last three years (after four years of slight declines), he is clearly better than ever. He has had five years with QB Ratings over 100; two of the five are the two post deflategate.

I actually believe having JG nipping at his ankles has helped but I bet playing with a more consistent ball helps too. No more 15 PSI balls like the now infamous Jets game in 2014.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ALP
Given that his numbers have improved each of the last three years (after four years of slight declines), he is clearly better than ever. He has had five years with QB Ratings over 100; two of the five are the two post deflategate.

I actually believe having JG nipping at his ankles has helped but I bet playing with a more consistent ball helps too. No more 15 pound balls like the now infamous Jets game in 2014.

having the right cast and an effective OL helps too.........it's not just Brady

I actually believe having JG nipping at his ankles has helped but I bet playing with a more consistent ball helps too. No more 15 pound balls like the now infamous Jets game in 2014.

Tough to quantify but it didn't hurt.

It was very important that Brady do well. Imagine if his numbers were getting worse, through the normal aging process, if people wanted to they could point to declining numbers as proof of something. As he's getting better, which approaching 40, that's proof that either nothing happened or, if something happened, it had no benefit. A Brady decline would have been a disaster.

He's played pretty damn good hasn't he? Gotta be something in the water he's drinking.....

And now AFC Offensive Player of the Year. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents