PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady says he still wants to play until his mid 40s

Status
Not open for further replies.
He still has plenty of records to break and create a little distance from himself.

#clueless

:D

B.B. was in no rush to draft a QB which suggested Brady had never wavered in his initial statement of mid forty’s. By not settling on a QB this year we drafted some good pieces and accumulated assets for a possible deal in the future for the future. Time for a new contract with a 3 year extension

I know.

It may have also been a poker move that even if Brady was wavering right now, the Pats outwardly take him at his word and take zero QB's this year, so if Brady changed his mind it would make him look real bad

64GJw.gif

Guess it's a good thing he doesn't require 'appreciation' as fuel ;)

It may have also been a poker move that even if Brady was wavering right now, the Pats outwardly take him at his word and take zero QB's this year, so if Brady changed his mind it would make him look real bad

Brady hasn’t lied about all things football or even air pressure, so why would he start lying now. The mediots want to paint him as an evil lying demon no matter how many times he reaffirms his stance of a subject. Trust him, 45 and he’s done. He is no farve.

Do not care for the Jim Grey interviews.. too scripted and often sound contrived.

B.B. was in no rush to draft a QB which suggested Brady had never wavered in his initial statement of mid forty’s. By not settling on a QB this year we drafted some good pieces and accumulated assets for a possible deal in the future for the future. Time for a new contract with a 3 year extension
Three year extension? He’s already signed for two more years. I think they’ll revisit his situation at the end of 2018 and hopefully extend him during the offseason, next year. Yes, it’s not the usual “2 year out” extension, but he’s getting older and it will be a significant investment. I think they’re going to play things a bit differently, this time around.

Do not care for the Jim Grey interviews.. too scripted and often sound contrived.
I agree with you. Jim Gray is his trusted confidant, so it makes sense that the questions are scripted and that they further Tom’s agenda.

Three year extension? He’s already signed for two more years. I think they’ll revisit his situation at the end of 2018 and hopefully extend him during the offseason, next year. Yes, it’s not the usual “2 year out” extension, but he’s getting older and it will be a significant investment. I think they’re going to play things a bit differently, this time around.
Most likely. Just as long as he gets an extension that he and the team is happy with to end his career here. It would kill me to see him in a different uniform.

They may always take it year by year as well.

They may always take it year by year as well.
I think you have to do that at this point. I'm sure Brady's sincere about wanting to play for 4-5 more years, but the team needs to protect itself.

I think you have to do that at this point. I'm sure Brady's sincere about wanting to play for 4-5 more years, but the team needs to protect itself.

He may WANT to play for another 4-5 years. The question isn't "want". It's "can".

Is it still a homer mentality to believe he will play to 45 still? Only his entire brand & his word is evidence for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back