PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Retires (Update: Shouts out to Pats players, coaches on social media)

Funny you mention that because I was thinking about that very thing this afternoon in terms of archiving the Brady forum, primarily because when he was in Tampa it was really more of a Brady/Bucs discussion forum, which I know was a little distracting to some here.

Now that he's retired, yes, my plan was to eventually close that and allow for the discussions to shift back to normal in here since he's essentially another retired Patriots player, which obviously now applies here. I don't know if that will happen immediately and we'll sort of play it by ear. But that will probably be happening sooner than later.

You do realize, Ian, that you would be disenfranchising all the diehard Buccaneers/anti-Patriots fans who nurtured and reinforced each other there. That will be mighty hard on the poor little Tommy-loving souls who considered it their safe space from the main forum. I'm all for it.

Funny you mention that because I was thinking about that very thing this afternoon in terms of archiving the Brady forum, primarily because when he was in Tampa it was really more of a Brady/Bucs discussion forum, which I know was a little distracting to some here.

Now that he's retired, yes, my plan was to eventually close that and allow for the discussions to shift back to normal in here since he's essentially another retired Patriots player, which obviously now applies here. I don't know if that will happen immediately and we'll sort of play it by ear. But that will probably be happening sooner than later.
:p :p

Hey brewskies. Tic tic tic tic tic tic tic.
The Boston Bruins are insulted that you use their name and Ullmark is pissed that you use his number. I don't care, myself. I am ashamed to have you as a Pats fan.

The Boston Bruins are insulted that you use their name and Ullmark is pissed that you use his number. I don't care, myself. I am ashamed to have you as a Pats fan.
A grown man crying about a football player. You should be ashamed of yourself

You do realize, Ian, that you would be disenfranchising all the diehard Buccaneers/anti-Patriots fans who nurtured and reinforced each other there. That will be mighty hard on the poor little Tommy-loving souls who considered it their safe space from the main forum. I'm all for it.
We talked about the greatest Patriots player ever on the main forum until you guys felt your safe from Brady safe place was threatened. It's you guys that moved the thread out of your safe place...to be safe. Commendable

Last edited:
We talked about the greatest Patriots player on the main forum until
The fact that even became a thing was sort of a little odd...but it ended up freeing up the discussion a little more in there for the people who wanted to also actively talk about the Bucs, etc. I figured it was much better than locking everything into one thread and trying to sift through it depending on other news that was reported each week, so it wasn't a big deal. But I have to admit, I'm still a little shocked about how polarizing the whole thing became. And it wasn't just here, it was throughout the whole region. Definitely a little surprising.

Tom’s grammar guy must have found a new job.
LOL, you never know. Gisele could be getting him a little tipsy now that he doesn't have to worry about his alcohol intake as much moving forward. A little drunk texting could explain the lack of grammar/punctuation. ;)

Last edited:
The fact that even became a thing was sort of a little odd...but it ended up freeing up the discussion a little more in there for the people who wanted to also actively talk about the Bucs, etc. I figured it was much better than locking everything into one thread and trying to sift through it depending on other news that was reported each week, so it wasn't a big deal. But I have to admit, I'm still a little shocked about how polarizing the whole thing became. And it wasn't just here, it was throughout the whole region. Definitely a little surprising.
I added a little after accidentally posting before I finished my thought. You solution was the best. Aside from some obvious trolls the thread was productive and important to a lot of us Patriots and Brady fans. I appreciate your decision

Reactions: Ian
I added a little after accidentally posting before I finished my thought. You solution was the best. Aside from some obvious trolls the thread was productive and important to a lot of us Patriots and Brady fans. I appreciate your decision
It's just hard enough to follow one team on a forum during an entire season, let alone, two, so I figured that would work better. And I was among quite a few people I'm sure that were curious to see how things went and that first season was obviously a nice distraction for how things went here and at least gave us something else to root for/follow during the playoffs.

On the other hand, the one thing I'm glad about is that he's walking away without having to worry about losing to Mahomes/Rodgers/etc. in the future and having people try and talk about how they're better than he is and questioning his legacy, etc. Last year's Super Bowl win at least slammed the door on that discussion :cool:

We talked about the greatest Patriots player ever on the main forum until you guys felt your safe from Brady safe place was threatened. It's you guys that moved the thread out of your safe place...to be safe. Commendable

Whoa there, don't lump me in with "you guys." You're barking up the wrong tree, I never complained about Brady talk in the main forum. What I took issue with and still consider fair game is overt Buccaneers allegiance combined with cheap shots at the Pats. That nonsense has no place here in ANY forum.

Whoa there, don't lump me in with "you guys." You're barking up the wrong tree, I never complained about Brady talk in the main forum. What I took issue with and still consider fair game is overt Buccaneers allegiance combined with cheap shots at the Pats.
Yeah, I agree with you, I wasn't a fan of that either. I understood people being mad about the decision, but it definitely got a little uglier than it should have been.

Otherwise, I think a blowout loss in the postseason is going to cause some shake-ups that will definitely lead to changes heading into next season, although the McDaniels move is the most obvious one since we'll all be curious to see who replaces him. But hopefully, we can just move forward and there will be enough moves made along the way to restore some confidence. However, between Jones hopefully making a year-two jump and whoever they surround him with (on both sides of the ball) I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

U there, don't lump me in with "you guys." You're barking up the wrong tree, I never complained about st most Brady talk in the main forum. What I took issueof usswith and stillconsider fair game is overt Buccaneers allegiance combined with cheap shots at the Pats. That nonsenhas no place here in ANY forum.
Sorry, the "safe place" designation you coined threw me off. I became a Bucs fan only because of Brady. I'm.no longer a fan now that Brady retired and I never stopped being Pats fan. Aside from a few I think most New England fans feel the same

A grown man crying about a football player. You should be ashamed of yourself
Please explain, child, when was I crying? I would call it *****ing and telling the truth.

Please explain, child, when was I crying? I would call it *****ing and telling the truth.

The only truth here is that you are embarrassing yourself . As usual

Did Brady really officially file papers to retire? Gronk supposedly retired but not officially and came back. Maybe Tom is sparing himself while looking for a better opportunity.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back