PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Retires (Update: Shouts out to Pats players, coaches on social media)

From a calculated person this move was dumb. Instead of everyone talking about your array of records and accomplishments almost every conversation is on perceived slights and grudges. You may think it’s a dumb thing to harp on but the end result is this. So lame.

Change the subject much? I said most players thank ALL their teams. Not just one. Name me ONE player who only acknowledged their current team.

What about all the guys who played with Brady for his 20 years in new England? He can thank the Bucs janitor but Edelman no longer exists?
I bet they aren’t as devastated as you are.

The mental gymnastics being performed in this thread would leave Simone Biles in awe

I think people are overreacting. He may address the Pats separately. Maybe he’s going to sign a 1 day contract with the Pats and retire a Patriot.

Ray Bourque was traded from the Bruins, won a Cup w Colorado and brought the cup to Boston to give his fans a day with the cup....moral of the story....Ray Bourque is a better person than Tom Brady - at least in terms of appreciating your fans
Well maybe one day there will be a rally in Boston and he will bring the Super Bowl trophy he won with Tampa Bay.

I would say that was one of the most embarrassing moments in fan history.

I was happy that Bourque won a cup, but going to a Cup rally for another team's victory? Cringe.
The actual event was very cringe. But the gesture wasn't. But yes, it was very embarrassing. I love bourque. He totally embraced Boston. He has his restaurant in the north end. And still lives in the area.

To be honest (and I can’t believe I’m saying this), it’s entirely possible Tom could have zero interest in returning for the one day contract ritual. I wouldn’t blame him.

To be honest (and I can’t believe I’m saying this), it’s entirely possible Tom could have zero interest in returning for the one day contract ritual. I wouldn’t blame him.

why couldn’t you blame him? It’s distasteful at the very least to turn your back on the fans and the organization that contributed to his career. Brady wasnt going to win here last year and probably not this year. I fine with him going as a free agent, but don’t forget where ya came from.

why couldn’t you blame him? It’s distasteful at the very least to turn your back on the fans and the organization that contributed to his career. Brady wasnt going to win here last year and probably not this year. I fine with him going as a free agent, but don’t forget where ya came from.
Have you not seen these “fans” over the last two years? There’s a special sub-forum for rooting for Tom on a ****ing Pats forum because if you mentioned his name it was like Harry Potter’s teachers reacting to you singing about Voldemort.

An actual quote from two weeks ago was, “I hope Tom loses because I don’t want Bucs fans to love him more than us.”

I’m like, “too late.”

That said, I just moved to Florida myself. It was 75 degrees today. It’ll be 80 Friday. I wouldn’t want to go back to Mass for an organization that casted me aside like over-the-hill trash right now, either.

I heard a hell of a lot of “I root for the laundry” in 2020 and scoffing at the idea that it’s important for the Patriots as a franchise, and for us as fans, for Tom to retire in New England.

Next man up. Better a year too early. In Bill We Trust. Can’t be sentimental. The Patriot Way.

Well, here we are.

Have you not seen these “fans” over the last two years? There’s a special sub-forum for rooting for Tom on a ****ing Pats forum because if you mentioned his name it was like Harry Potter’s teachers reacting to you singing about Voldemort.

An actual quote from two weeks ago was, “I hope Tom loses because I don’t want Bucs fans to love him more than us.”

I’m like, “too late.”

That said, I just moved to Florida myself. It was 75 degrees today. It’ll be 80 Friday. I wouldn’t want to go back to Mass for an organization that casted me aside like over-the-hill trash right now, either.
Nah, I just disagree with you. Like it or not, he’s forever entwined with NE. He wasn’t “cast aside”. He was a free agent and he didn’t want to stay, the team sucked and he needed fresh air. Totally get it, who Doesn’t want a change after 20 plus years. You still don’t flip off what helped you get there. It’s tacky. And a douche move, and I’m a Brady fan (not a bucs Brady fan though…)

I heard a hell of a lot of “I root for the laundry” in 2020 and scoffing at the idea that it’s important for the Patriots as a franchise, and for us as fans, for Tom to retire in New England.

Next man up. Better a year too early. In Bill We Trust. Can’t be sentimental. The Patriot Way.

Well, here we are.
Literally shameful.

I think people are overreacting. He may address the Pats separately. Maybe he’s going to sign a 1 day contract with the Pats and retire a Patriot.
It is a lose lose situation for him. If he does it, it will be because of the reaction the first release got, he is so smart, but this was weird, strange. Anybody who can't see or admit that is also weird.

Last edited:

I’m like, “too late.”

To be clear: I have zero issue with Patriots fans who didn’t join in the cheering for Brady after he left. I get it. I’m just shocked at the amount of outright resentment from a quite a few people…probably about 10-20% of the board members. Now it’s over…imagine being such a douche you were exactly like a 2004 Colts fan ranting on about how Brady was only good because he was surrounded by talent, exaggerating, twisting your logic into a pretzel…lmfao…these people.

Nah, I just disagree with you. Like it or not, he’s forever entwined with NE. He wasn’t “cast aside”. He was a free agent and he didn’t want to stay, the team sucked and he needed fresh air. Totally get it, who Doesn’t want a change after 20 plus years. You still don’t flip off what helped you get there. It’s tacky. And a douche move, and I’m a Brady fan (not a bucs Brady fan though…)
Jesus, we’re still doing this revisionist history ****? Bill tried to move on to Janeane Garofalo like six years ago. He starved the offense of talent, he tried to trade Gronk to ****ing Detroit.

It’s all so tiresome.

To be clear: I have zero issue with Patriots fans who didn’t join in the cheering for Brady after he left. I get it. I’m just shocked at the amount of outright resentment from a quite a few people…probably about 10-20% of the board members. Now it’s over…imagine being such a douche you were exactly like a 2004 Colts fan ranting on about how Brady was only good because he was surrounded by talent, exaggerating, twisting your logic into a pretzel…lmfao…these people.
It’s been super easy to troll the living **** out of this forum with anti-Brady bull**** masked as pro-Belichick positions forever.

Honestly can’t believe it’s been allowed but it goes back to before even 2014.

Well, here we are.
There is a middle ground.

It's possible to have a greater sense of loyalty for the team over the player and still feel joy, sadness and appreciation for said player who left.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back