PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Retires (Update: Shouts out to Pats players, coaches on social media)

Looking back on it, he had “angry Tom” face when Kupp caught that deep bomb to pretty much seal the game. I remember thinking he must’ve been mad his season is over, but perhaps he might have been mad about more than that.
But after the game he was smiling and shaking everyone's hands from the Rams. Very un-Brady like after a playoff loss. I believe he went into this season knowing it was his last and accepted that injuries ruined another title run.

But after the game he was smiling and shaking everyone's hands from the Rams. Very un-Brady like after a playoff loss. I believe he went into this season knowing it was his last and accepted that injuries ruined another title run.
Brady always shakes hands after a loss except in a few rare instances (like the time he lost to that scrub from the most vile place in America).

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
Brady always shakes hands after a loss except in a few rare instances (like the time he lost to that scrub from the most vile place in America).
It's not just the shaking of hands. He was smiling, hanging out with the Rams guys. Looked down right content and happy. Normally he just shakes hands quickly and bolts off to the locker room.

Russell won 11.

Yogi won 10 as a player - but not before serving in the US Navy at D-Day (and getting shot in the hand) - and another 3 as a coach.

It wouldn't have mattered if he lost 70-3 to the Rams.

Nobody is going to remember the losses. His wins are so amazing that it overshadows any bad loss.
Lots of us here remember the losses with excruciatingly painful detail... But it's ok.

Ben Watson clearly and undeniably forced a touchback.
Why Reche? Why?
Randy's fingertips...
Why Asante? Why?

I'll stop now for my sake.

SF needs to do the right thing here

Brady retires early in the Offseason. He has a deal with McDaniels and the Raiders. He signs with the Raiders late in the offseason.

Loyalty is not a Brady word.

Brady retires early in the Offseason. He has a deal with McDaniels and the Raiders. He signs with the Raiders late in the offseason.

Loyalty is not a Brady word.

Brady wouldn’t wipe his ass with the Raiders.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
So, people are bringing up the Brady Rule online, without anyone really realizing that the rule was made after Carson Palmer's hit in 2006. BUT--I rewatched the Brady knee injury to see if they threw a flag on KC (they didn't) and saw that Brady completed a bomb on that play to triple covered Randy Moss. And Moss, seeing that he had 4 defenders in front of him, turned and dropped to the ground, gave himself up. As soon as he's touched, he's down. In fact, a ref could blow the whistle seeing he gave himself up. BUT, bizarrely, a player dove on top of Moss, and while he was on top of him with Moss down, punched the ball out. KC recovered the fumble.

Crazy and laughable that there was no flag on Pollard and that KC recovered a fumble that shouldnt have been.

The 80s run culminated in the first NYFL team to win 3 road playoff games. That was the Squish the Fish year and if not for a smothering Bears defense it could have been our 1st SB win.
Agree...that Chi defense was incredible

New York? Philly? I think they both match your description.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back