PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Retires (Update: Shouts out to Pats players, coaches on social media)

Problem with going into the Hall with Ben is that that crowd will be almost all Steelers fans because this is what they do. And they’ll boo Brady.

The more I'm thinking about this, the more it makes sense that there is some money/cap ramifications at play with the confusion. It reminds me of when Edelman got cut, and people were PISSED, thinking the Pats screwed him or disrespected him by cutting him before he retired. But then it turned out there was some benefit he was eligible for that he wouldn't have been if he'd retired under contract (I'm fuzzy on the details now).

This could be a case of it being beneficial for Tom or the Bucs or both if it's not official until a certain date. Or he could be legitimately still mulling it, but the former makes more sense to me than some (usually) very professional reporters went all in on a story that turned out to be horse cabbage.
He could announce it at any time, but it doesn't have to be official. More likely he didn't want it getting out this weekend prior to the games.

Brady likely didn’t want to overshadow Championship weekend. By officially announcing on Tuesday he only overshadows the Pro Bowl which who cares he’d be doing us a favor. And then of course the week after is all about the Super Bowl.

I think those of who who've said Tom doesn't want to overshadow the games are right, IMO. I believe he was planning on keeping it under wraps until the last episode of Man in the Arena. I am of the belief that the guy wants to control how it's said, when it's said, how it's said.

I think those of who who've said Tom doesn't want to overshadow the games are right, IMO. I believe he was planning on keeping it under wraps until the last episode of Man in the Arena. I am of the belief that the guy wants to control how it's said, when it's said, how it's said.

I saw somewhere that the director of the documentary tweeted yesterday that there was a big surprise at the end of the last episode of the documentary.

I saw somewhere that the director of the documentary tweeted yesterday that there was a big surprise at the end of the last episode of the documentary.

I haven’t seen that specifically but they had to delay the episode. That was announced a while back.

I haven’t seen that specifically but they had to delay the episode. That was announced a while back.

I found the post. But many thought it was because Brady is retiring. But you are right, it was nearly two weeks ago.

But the fact he is doing this documentary seems like he went into this year thinking he was going to retire after this year. This is the type of thing you do at the end of your career and not if you expect to play for another two years.

I think the reason Brady isn't confirming his retirement is to avoid taking the spotlight off the teams in the postseason. My guess is this wasn't supposed to be leaked until after the SB.

Regardless, it's out now and there will be at least two juicy storylines for the next two weeks. Wouldn't be shocked if Brady gets just as much attention as the SB.

I found the post. But many thought it was because Brady is retiring. But you are right, it was nearly two weeks ago.

But the fact he is doing this documentary seems like he went into this year thinking he was going to retire after this year. This is the type of thing you do at the end of your career and not if you expect to play for another two years.

which documentary? episode 10? or the entire thing? man in the arena started as a concept towards the end of his time here in NE...he was realizing that he was getting towards the end of his career. rather than the middle

which documentary? episode 10? or the entire thing? man in the arena started as a concept towards the end of his time here in NE...he was realizing that he was getting towards the end of his career. rather than the middle

The whole series was the sort of thing you do at the end of your career or after you retire. It is like a band putting out a greatest hits album. It is usually at the end after they stop making hits.

I think the reason Brady isn't confirming his retirement is to avoid taking the spotlight off the teams in the postseason. My guess is this wasn't supposed to be leaked until after the SB.

Regardless, it's out now and there will be at least two juicy storylines for the next two weeks. Wouldn't be shocked if Brady gets just as much attention as the SB.

Or to have the postseason games take away from his press.

Or to have the postseason games take away from his press.
Meh.

Would Brady care if the postseason got more press?

He's never struck me as the type of player who cared what the media etc was saying.

Please. Brady put out a commercial in the middle of the Super Bowl a few years ago saying he was coming back, so that the talk the following day would be about him and not the super bowl winner.

Please. Brady put out a commercial in the middle of the Super Bowl a few years ago saying he was coming back, so that the talk the following day would be about him and not the super bowl winner.
Jeezus, you can't allow someone to even hint Brady has a decent motive can you? Seriously, where did Brady touch you? What a joke you've become.

Maybe Brady gets traded to the Patriots, and then he retires. It would make some sense that the Bucs and Pats make it happen as long as there are no financial commitments for the Pats.

It was just an ad nothing more…

It was just an ad nothing more…

an ad that could have waited until after the super bowl…the guy loves attention

I was wondering if Godell will be willing to give him a farewell gift ... like the 2021 MVP title ...

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back