PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Retires (Update: Shouts out to Pats players, coaches on social media)

Stop being so damned calm and thoughtful! Can't have that around here!

Agreed, that kind of thinking isn't gonna help us summon the indignation we need to get this ruckus to escalate to kerfuffle level

Wow, so it looks like Brady is f u c k i n g the fanbase that stuck with him through all the investigations, court cases, etc. It's pretty f ing sad to see all the fanboys in this thread - "he thanked us already!". it was 31 fanbases vs 1 and Brady choses to ignore us. Thanks Tom, you only certified what I always thought about you.
I was saying Brady QUIT on the team and THE FANS in 2019 - standing there after beating 13-9, largely because you played like f - ing s h i t....pouting at the podium even though your team won, you chose to bring everyone down with your sad tom act. We get it - you loathe us. We're the working guys who go out every day and dig trenches, build buildings, pave roads....maybe you liked us the first 5 or 6 years of your career, but you got a taste of the elite life and you despise your NE fans. He sells a pre workout with no stimulants for $45, whey isolate for $44 - both of these items can be found for half the price at Walmart. Brady probably thinks there's too many working class day laborers in the NE Pats fandom to stoop so low to thank us again.
The players don't care about us one iota, Kraft doesn't care about us and neither does Coach Bill, and the faster people realize this, the better. So all the threadbans for criticizing Brady and Belichick...why? Because you or the mods feelings are hurt because someone dared to criticize the coach or the player that you worship?
I really hope Brady takes the time to genuinely acknowledge and thank his NE fans, Belichick, and Krafty Bob upon his NFL retirement. I have to think he will. But if he doesn't we can have the memories and that's it - we are below Tom Brady. If he does thank the fans, the comments herein are moot, but I sincerely hope Brady shows he's classy and thankful to his supporters.
They didn't support him on the way out.

Many said we should have traded him before and kept Garopollo.

Many said he was being a diva when he was skipping OTAs, and that he was "whining" too much

Many said he was washed and were "excited" to see Jared Stidham. (At least on Pats reddit).

Many Pats fans bought into the myth that Belichick can win with anyone, and that Brady will fail in Tampa

Lastly, Belichick and to a lesser extent Kraft clearly alienated him in the recent years

I'm not gonna act like Brady is some Saint, but it's easy to see why he would feel slighted. Look at how other fanbases borderline deity and protect their QBs, even when they SUCK, meanwhile Pats fans were ready to move on in 2020.

Brady wanted to retire here, Bill refused let Kraft give him the contract to do so.

Can't blame Bill though, he had the brilliant plan of replacing the greatest quarterback of all-time with Cam Newton! His ego seriously thought he could win with him.

To be fair had Brady stayed here how happy would he have been? He was miserable in 2019 and the roster was in decline. 2020 and 2021 would've been more of the same. Look at 2020s roster and 2021 which got curb stomped by the bills.

Instead he got to go to Tampa throw the ball to elite receivers and win another Superbowl.

So then why do we have 50 pages (and counting) of grown men whining and crying that he didn’t thank the team and dA fAnZ? And yes he does love me back, and how dare you say otherwise.
Why? Because everybody has their opinion. Its sports. What I see is the Brady cult twisting themselves into a knot, convincing themselves that not acknowledging people and a place you spent 20 years isn't at least strange.

They didn't support him on the way out.

Many said we should have traded him before and kept Garopollo.

Many said he was being a diva when he was skipping OTAs, and that he was "whining" too much

Many said he was washed and were "excited" to see Jared Stidham. (At least on Pats reddit).

Many Pats fans bought into the myth that Belichick can win with anyone, and that Brady will fail in Tampa

Lastly, Belichick and to a lesser extent Kraft clearly alienated him in the recent years

I'm not gonna act like Brady is some Saint, but it's easy to see why he would feel slighted. Look at how other fanbases borderline deity and protect their QBs, even when they SUCK, meanwhile Pats fans were ready to move on in 2020.

A vocal few on this board doesn't represent the entire fanbase. I knew more people who switched to being Bucs fans than felt the way you mentioned.

The Bradyites will now rush to the Brady Brand website and plop down their credit cards....because it's Tommy
They have to get that concussion water before it sells out. The pats did brady wrong whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Forgetting, the team negotiated an out in god's contract. So he could become a free agent. If they did him wrong. They would have just tagged him.

Why? Because everybody has their opinion. Its sports. What I see is the Brady cult twisting themselves into a knot, convincing themselves that not acknowledging people and a place you spent 20 years isn't at least strange.

People keep saying he thanked the pats when he left. A retirement isn't like a "goodbye" like his statement in 2020 it is supposed to encompass your entire career.

Forget the fans or the franchise or Kraft or Belichick. What about all the guys he played with for 20 years that helped him win 6 super bowls. Can thank the janitor for the Bucs but not Edelman, branch, welker, moss etc.

People keep saying he thanked the pats when he left. A retirement isn't like a "goodbye" like his statement in 2020 it is supposed to encompass your entire career.

Forget the fans or the franchise or Kraft or Belichick. What about all the guys he played with for 20 years that helped him win 6 super bowls. Can thank the janitor for the Bucs but not Edelman, branch, welker, moss etc.
Maybe he thanked them outside of twitter...I know that is all you guys know about what people do and say

A vocal few on this board doesn't represent the entire fanbase. I knew more people who switched to being Bucs fans than felt the way you mentioned.
The Boston Media, the head coach and a lot of fans tossed him out with the trash. Said he was done, thought they were holding the pats back. Now you want love?

no crying from me. its just a bad look for your god.

The gods of antiquity, such as those among the Greek Pantheon, were not benevolent and oftentimes smote humanity for their own amusement. What I mean by this is that Brady is a Greek God and is operating on a higher plane of existence than us losers.

The Bradyites will now rush to the Brady Brand website and plop down their credit cards....because it's Tommy
Yeah I mean gee how could Brady not say warm and wonderful things about fans like this idiot

Says the clown that shops at chubstr.com

sounds like your in denial about your cult leader. he rejected you. lol
Didnt reject me. lol If you feel that way then you might want to reconsider what NFL players actually think about you. Does not owe me a damn thing. I didnt throw one football for him.

Maybe he thanked them outside of twitter...I know that is all you guys know about what people do and say

Name me ONE big time player who didn't mention all the teams they played for when they retired.

If Michael Jordan only thanked the Wizards we would think it's petty and strange. So why not think it of Brady. C'mon.

Even Kevin Garnett thanked the t wolves. Manning the colts. Usually when you retire all the teams you played for get mentioned.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back