PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Retires (Update: Shouts out to Pats players, coaches on social media)

This guy has the audacity to say this today. :mad:

Good caller on 98.5 right now. Why would Brady want to thank his ex wife for divorcing him and then marrying down?

so Peyton Manning should never mention the colts again when he retired? like his time with then never existed? Brady won 6 superbowls with new england and became a household name. that is more consequential than his 2 year stint with the bucs.

its petty. theres no way to defend it

I hope that's not the case. Belichick learned from Bill Walsh that it's best to let a player go earlier rather than later. For whatever reason, Tom took it personally. Belichick was always about the team and not any one individual. Brady 2019 stats suggested he wouldn't have done much better here in NE in 2020 or 2021.
Walsh was smart and selfless enough to practice what he preached and retire before his coaching skills declined. If Bill Belichick had practiced what he preached, he would have retired years ago and Brady never would have been a Buc.

Peyton's retirement is filled with references to the Colts...

Celtics didn’t give up on Larry even when it was objectively obvious he was cooked. Which was the right thing to do. Patriots did the opposite and bailed on Brady when he had more to give.
That has nothing to do with my post but since you want to talk about Tom's ending here it would also be true Tom was burnt out from the Patriot Way and needed something different in his professional career. BB knew this and there was nothing that could be done.

This guy has the audacity to say this today. :mad:
I'm sure Roger is dancing and showering himself with champagne saying "its finally over" repeatedly.

Walsh was smart and selfless enough to practice what he preached and retire before his coaching skills declined. If Bill Belichick had practiced what he preached, he would have retired years ago and Brady never would have been a Buc.
In your estimation when was BB washed up?

Who are you guys going to get at QB now that Brady has retired? I heard Jimmy G is going to be available lol...
That's going from the penthouse............
.....to the outhouse

so Peyton Manning should never mention the colts again when he retired? like his time with then never existed? Brady won 6 superbowls with new england and became a household name. that is more consequential than his 2 year stint with the bucs.

Manning is all Broncos. Lives in Colorado. Does not associate with the Colts at all. Considers himself a Bronco.
I don't believe that will be the case with Brady because of his relationship with Kraft but who knows.

I’m not a fan of it but Peyton never ever talks about the Colts. He may have mentioned them when he retired but other than that he lives in Colorado and is almost a part of the Broncos front office at this point.

He accomplished more in those two years than your franchise did in its entire existence. I'm sure you would feel different if he did that in Buffalo.

I would not.

Its a blip on the radar.

Brady spent 90% of his career in NE and for him to not acknowledge that in his retirement speach - whether or not he did it 2 years ago - makes me feel bad for you guys.

I dont think it was an accident.

Peyton's retirement is filled with references to the Colts...

colts let manning leave! he should never mention them again! (what some posters here say to defend tom not mentioning the patriots once)

Manning is all Broncos. Lives in Colorado. Does not associate with the Colts at all. Considers himself a Bronco.
I don't believe that will be the case with Brady because of his relationship with Kraft but who knows.
get ready for it.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back