PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady playing through MCL Injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a player isn't either limited in practice or receiving treatment from the team for it a team is under no obligation to report an injury.

That rumor is out there today but I doubt he has that kind of injury.

Among other reasons the Patriots are probably not inclined for obvious reasons to do something that would undoubtedly get them in major trouble with the league regarding reporting injuries.

If I’m wrong though... i bet it was on that moronic pass play to Brady and the Pats need to fire Josh immediately. :mad:
They aren’t required to report injuries. They are required to report practice participation and the reason for partial or non participation.

Giardi sucks.
He strikes me as someone who is as full of himself as any human could possibly be. I'd be willing to bet he spends more hours per day in front of a mirror than he does sleeping.

He strikes me as someone who is as full of himself as any human could possibly be. I'd be willing to bet he spends more hours per day in front of a mirror than he does sleeping.
I don't like him. Just something about him. Hes a media personality who tries to be a reporter who sucks at it. I'm glad hes gone. He was terrible.

I don't like him. Just something about him. Hes a media personality who tries to be a reporter who sucks at it. I'm glad hes gone. He was terrible.
Even though he went national, unfortunately he's still around.

If that's the case, the Pats would get in deep **** for not having him listed on the injury report for it. So I highly doubt it.

If the injury is not limiting him in practice or bringing into doubt his availability for a game, he DOES NOT need to be on the injury report.

There are probably a half dozen players who will have surgery after the season for one reason of another without ever appearing on an injury list for that injury. It happens every year.

I’m pretty convinced myself that he does have an MCL injury. It explains so much especially the jump passes I’ve seen him try to make to his left - think Titans game or the Hogan overthrow at the end of the first half of the Dolphins game. He simply can’t rely on the stability of the left knee when excessive torque is needed to get a pass off.

If the injury is not limiting him in practice or bringing into doubt his availability for a game, he DOES NOT need to be on the injury report.

There are probably a half dozen players who will have surgery after the season for one reason of another without ever appearing on an injury list for that injury. It happens every year.

I’m pretty convinced myself that he does have an MCL injury. It explains so much especially the jump passes I’ve seen him try to make to his left - think Titans game or the Hogan overthrow at the end of the first half of the Dolphins game. He simply can’t rely on the stability of the left knee when excessive torque is needed to get a pass off.

But he has made some hard and deep throws in the last two games.

When do they think he injured it?

I'm 33 and I get up like this or worse every time I lay on the ground for any reason. It's just tough to get up on your own after 30 unless you are lightweight and able to do that Ninja move.

I think it was Tenn game.

Well I guess that's interesting then. During the Miami game my son and I were discussing how good Brady looked compared to the previous weeks. Maybe he was injured and has been nursing it.

I don't know if it's an MCL injury, but I remember even posting here about him not looking right in the Green Bay game, but we were winning, so it wasn't a big deal. By my untrained eyes, his delivery has been off since at least the Green Bay game. He's probably been dealing with whatever it is for a minute.

I remember one year Donavan Mcnabbs season ended early due to a sports hernia, at the end of the season we learned that TB had a sports hernia and went under the knife. Hes played through a lot of injuries over the years. Other than 2008 he hasnt missed a game.

Another reason why Boston Sports Media sucks as bad as they do... the current cast exists on hyperbole, rumors and conspiracy theories... then there are the allies on Sportstalk who embellish on this even more.

What I have noticed is there is not as much "fire in the belly" that has always been obvious with #12....

He's wearing a brace though. I thought that was supposed to prevent the movement needed to damage the MCL?

Nope. My sons collegiate career ended while wearing a brace. Tore his ACL, MCL and meniscus his freshman year. 2nd practice back after being cleared retore his ACL while wearing a brace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents