PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady, NFLPA Granted 14-Day Extension To File Motion For Rehearing By Second Circuit Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good points Letekro. They are interesting charts.

Ran into this interesting link searching for some help.

Video: Why Wells Report is Wrong and Actually Exonerates Patriots (<<<Link)

Your statement "But PSI rises quickly" has been what I have personally focused on within the charts.

Using simple methods I've tried to understand what the average reacclimation rate was. I would have expected that regardless of which gauge was used the rate of psi gain should have remained similar. But when looking at the charts I find a difference. (Again, I'm not a physicist) Not sure if it is significant and means that their game day simulation demonstrates that even in a "controlled" environment results will vary or if the results are not significant and , of course, OR I don't know what the hell I am doing. :D

Patriots chart: Rate of PSI gain = (2nd Avg psi - First Avg psi)/ (2nd Avg time - 1st Avg time)
Same for rate of Psi gain between 2nd and 3rd Avg start times.

The change in the rate of psi gain for the Patriots footballs between the 2nd and 3rd measurements almost doubled when performing the test with the Non-Logo gauge compared to the similar start times using the Logo Gauge.

View attachment 12984

The Colts rate change between the 1st and 2nd and the 2nd and 3rd vary by 15 and 22 percent.

View attachment 12985

View attachment 12982
View attachment 12983
The other thing is noticed with my own gauge that I've never seen addressed is that it doesn't form a completely tight seal with the football. It allows about 0.05 lbs of pressure to escape every few seconds that the gauge is inserted into the bladder. I don't recall exponent accounting for this factor.

The other thing is noticed with my own gauge that I've never seen addressed is that it doesn't form a completely tight seal with the football. It allows about 0.05 lbs of pressure to escape every few seconds that the gauge is inserted into the bladder. I don't recall exponent accounting for this factor.

They did but it was in a controlled environment. It is one of many possible variables they basically dismiss. But I agree that is also a possibility and points to the over anti-biased tone of the report itself in that they never assumed a true best case scenario for the Pats.

upload_2016-5-20_14-59-53.png

I can't believe we've circled back around to discussing the Exponent results again.

Why? you're not up for a good ole' chart discussion? :D

Come on and join in. It'll be just like the good ole days.

JK, letekro asked a question about the charts and I wanted to dig a little to see if I could come up with something. Unfortunately they are probably a little above my paygrade.

I thought it was odd that Hurley finished his article, by saying the rank and file will have a right to grumble at the rates the NFLPA are being charged for the appeal. The appeal really isn't about Brady anymore it's about Goodells authority over the players, and the ruling won't just affect discipline but will be used as a bargaining chip by the league to get the players to fold on the 18 game season. If Brady wins the players win and that's well worth the cost.
It would be a huge win for the players because this would be something they gained without having to give anything up.

If the players lose here, then they will either have to allow "Article 46" to remain going forward (including in the next CBA) or they will have to give something up in negotiation to get it removed.

It would be a huge win for the players because this would be something they gained without having to give anything up.

If the players lose here, then they will either have to allow "Article 46" to remain going forward (including in the next CBA) or they will have to give something up in negotiation to get it removed.

I agree, and I would bet that it's the 18 game season the owners want to bargain for.

Actually, Olson is not repping a party to the case. Looks like he's been signed up by the HRC and a business consortium to write an amicus opposing the NC law.

And yeah, the NFLPA side is going to be cutting some seriously big checks over this. According to the Above the Law blog, Gibson Dunn bills out partners at $1,800/hr.
Well, Giselle makes $128K per day, so there's that.

Why? you're not up for a good ole' chart discussion? :D

Come on and join in. It'll be just like the good ole days.

JK, letekro asked a question about the charts and I wanted to dig a little to see if I could come up with something. Unfortunately they are probably a little above my paygrade.
When this first broke, I was all over the science. Many of the responses were of the nature that nobody cares. I think I've joined that camp. The facts no longer matter. This is now all about whether Goodell has unfettered powers.

When this first broke, I was all over the science. Many of the responses were of the nature that nobody cares. I think I've joined that camp. The facts no longer matter. This is now all about whether Goodell has unfettered powers.

That's right you were. You posted some good stuff.

I know it's all about Goodell but enjoy digging into the Science if it's something new for me to look for.

That's right you were. You posted some good stuff.

I know it's all about Goodell but enjoy digging into the Science if it's something new for me to look for.
That's cool. Me, I'm learning how to play the ukulele :)

I can't believe we've circled back around to discussing the Exponent results again.
There's no reason to go any further than going against Walt Anderson's testimony.

so how long does it take for toms appeal to be rejected??
If you're referring to the petition for an en banc Review, as far as I know, unless something happened overnight, the petition itself hasn't even been filed yet; I believe that they have until Monday to file it, if indeed they intend to do so.

When the facts contradict your preconceived conclusions, simply ignore the facts. It worked for Wells.....
Works for me all the time...I just don't like it when people who disagree with me do it...just kidding...kind of...;)

on vacation? haha who are brady's advisers?

he should fire don yee ASAP.

When worst comes to worst, blame things on poor Don Yee! It's not like he's been a key part of Tom's success or anything.

When worst comes to worst, blame things on poor Don Yee! It's not like he's been a key part of Tom's success or anything.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is a good agent, but he was out of his league during this whole saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back