PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady - Earn it

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way to argue against that, since it requires talking about what might have happened if something that didn't happen, happened.

Personally, I think Tom Brady would be the same competitor even if the stuff with Carr hadn't happened. But, I can't know that since it did happen.

Maybe. Maybe not. Like you said, we can't know.

But one growth point was when he didn't get the starting job, then told Coach Carr he was going to transfer. And Carr didn't flinch or beg him to stay or anything, just basically told him he shouldn't run away from his problems.

His dad talked about that being a pivotal moment for Tom, when he locked in to do whatever possible to win that job.

It's hard to say with any certainty. But I think Brady is a once-in-a-lifetime story forged by incredible circumstances.

Lloyd Carr was the worst coach Michigan ever had. I couldn't stand the bturd.
I don't know why Harbaugh even mentions him once in awhile. At one point Harbaugh wanted the QB coaches job under Carr but Carr choose a bench QB that hardly ever got into a game.
And i was one of the majority that never booed Brady.

So Brady says he's playing til 45, 6 more seasons. Many still doubt the guy, not me.

Brady is the ultimate leader and winner.

Without a doubt. I would love to see TB miked up during a practice that isn't going well. I think once the game plan is in place during the game itself the grind is over and its all about execution. And because of that, when games are miked up we don't see the full competitive fire of say a receiver running the wrong route. That and the fact TB is too classy to make a player look bad in front of a million viewers (not that he doesn't get pissed occasionally). The Pats usually fix things in practice. So the error level is higher and the accountability is likely through the roof. Especially during the playoffs.

He's is without a doubt the ultimate leader and he lets it known mental mistakes are unacceptable. When Bledsoe went down in 2001, TB called a team meeting during the week after the Jet game because he thought the team laid down on him a bit when he came in. Some if the DB's (I think Milloy was one) were on record as saying "Who does this kid think he is"? He later said they all learned a few weeks later and the rest is history. Milloy and TB were actually good friends before he left and could be spotted hanging together at Marina Bay....(long before Tom started eating plants and spinach ice cream).

Lloyd Carr was the worst coach Michigan ever had. I couldn't stand the bturd.
I don't know why Harbaugh even mentions him once in awhile. At one point Harbaugh wanted the QB coaches job under Carr but Carr choose a bench QB that hardly ever got into a game.
And i was one of the majority that never booed Brady.

I'm not a fan of Carr's, but I don't think it's fair to call him the worst coach in the history of Michigan. Carr did win a national championship, 5 Big Ten titles, and over 75% of his games.

Were you so depressed during the Rich Rodriguez era that you were blackout drunk throughout his tenure? And Brady Hoke was a slight improvement over Rodriguez, but only because the bar had been placed so low.

Again, not trying to defend Carr. He drove me up the wall. The 2-QB system cost us a chance at another national championship with Brady. But his results overall were pretty good, especially compared to the guy that followed him.

Hang it up? Tom Brady is going to be playing this game until his heart gives out. Just like Denny Hulme, another world champion! :)
How could anyone dislike this? Denny Hulme would be a great role model for anyone, including TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back