PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady: an honest take

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is a joke. If you put Brady on SF they are the number 1 seed and battling NO in NFCCG.

Patriots went Harry Sanu
49ers went Samuel and Sanders

Patriots lost an all pro TE
49ers have an all pro TE

Patriots lost their FB
49ers have a healthy FB

6-10 next year if no TB12 with NFC West, AFC West plus Baltimore and Houston
If we are going to need to rebuild, next year would be the season to stink. We can get a top 10 position each round if we play our cards right versus struggling to 9-7 if we play like we've been this season. If Belichick can improve this roster over this year with limited picks, cap space, etc. then he is not only the greatest coach of all time but also a demigod.

I can see the Dolphins winning the division next year since they'll have an easier schedule than the Pats/Bills.

If we are going to need to rebuild, next year would be the season to stink. We can get top 10 position each round if we play our cards right versus struggling to 9-7 if we play like we've been this season. If Belichick can improve this roster over this year with limited picks, cap space, etc. then he is not only the greatest coach of all time but also a demigod.

I can easily see the Dolphins winning the division next year since they'll have an easier schedule than the Pats/Bills.

The dolphins are more likely to win than buffalo? Considering Buffalo has a much, much better team.

Tom Brady is the best ever because he’s always beaten teams with whatever he had, no matter how deep he had to dig. Elite play no matter who he’s throwing to.

So stop with the excuses because it makes it appear that for 20 years he’s had little adversity with the rest of the offense, when nothing could be further from the truth.

All these guys are human and it doesn’t diminish their greatness. Ali’s last fight was sad. Did you forget Jordan’s Washington Wizards years?

Brady isn’t the same player, and it’s been said many times that it happens fast. Sure, it could be that the injury heals in the offseason and he’s fine. More likely, it’s a chronic issue, and other injuries are also capable of detailing him. He’s 42. There’s a reason no QB has gone past this level. Look at Brett Favre in 2009 and 2010. Manning in first half of 2014 to 2015. Odds are Brady has crossed the event horizon. But we don’t know because we don’t have all the information.

With the completion of today's game, Tom's QBR this season will rest right around 88. In each of the last four seasons, starting with the suspension shortened season of 2016, Tom's QBR has declined. Tom's career average QBR is 97. He barely hit that last season and fell well below this season. Tom Brady will be 43 years old at the start of next season. If I'm BB, he doesn't get re-signed. I try to talk him into retiring as a Pat. He is playing well below Tom Brady averages now. He is no longer worth the investment. You can blame the offense all you want, but the steady 4-year decline is undebatable. It's not just QBR.. it's pretty much every stat that matters. They're all at 4 year lows this year. It's time to move on.

Thank you. Its good to see that someone on this board is willing to tell the truth, even if the blind Bohu Brady crew goes nuts.

The fact of the matter is that they would have won last year with JG & they would have won this year with JG. And the Brady but boys & Bob Kraft ****ed it all up! Nothing like fighting the last war!

Jimmy G on road in toughest stadium in NFL...11-15 for 156 yards and DID not throw. Pick 6

Just to put it in perspective....

4057yds
24tds
8 ints
61% comp
88 QB Rating

Andrews gone
Develin gone
Gronk gone
JE hurt last 1/4 of year
Wynn hurt
Crap line
Crap running game
Not much at WR
Rookies at WR
Injured elbow
AB fiasco

All things considered pretty freaking good year imo.

The old dog can still hunt

Sure, he had a decent season, I guess. I mean, he is the GOAT after all and I would say he should have been the starter all year this year. He's earned that. But he is clearly in decline and going into his age 43 season, that decline is going to get uglier by the week. And if we're being honest with ourselves, the Pats had a very easy slate the first half of the season where Tom was able to be Tom for the most part, but as the season wore on, he got hurt and the competition picked up. A lot of his good stats come from the first half of the season when the Pats were sleepwalking through the Jets, Skins and Giants. His decline has gotten so bad that now we're losing to the Phins at home, with a bye on the line.

He was also under contract for this season and is not for next season.

The dolphins are more likely to win than buffalo?
Buffalo is the better team. Their schedule is rougher than the Dolphins, though, and I see the Bills at 8-8 unless they make another step forward. The Dolphins have a number of easier games against teams in flux so I could see them going 9-7. They went 5-4 down the stretch and I see them continuing that momentum against a 4th place schedule.

This thread is a joke. If you put Brady on SF they are the number 1 seed and battling NO in NFCCG.

Patriots went Harry Sanu
49ers went Samuel and Sanders

Patriots lost an all pro TE
49ers have an all pro TE

Patriots lost their FB
49ers have a healthy FB

LOL! The 9rs have a top 10 pick if Brady is the QB. Open your eyes, my friend!

Jimmy G on road in toughest stadium in NFL...11-15 for 156 yards and DID not throw. Pick 6

What’s your point? Patriots got ring 6 with Brady and traded away a future star. Things could have been a lot worse. I think Jimmy G is an elite QB. It was a brutally tough decision for the team. Not sure what the point is of piling on. You have your cake, so you don’t get to eat it too.

What’s your point? Patriots got ring 6 with Brady and traded away a future star. Things could have been a lot worse. I think Jimmy G is an elite QB. It was a brutally tough decision for the team. Not sure what the point is of piling on. You have your cake, so you don’t get to eat it too.

It was a brutally POOR decision by the team & BB wanted no part of it. They sacraficed the future for nostalgia. F'n stupid!

[ year.[/QUOTE
Sure, he had a decent season, I guess. I mean, he is the GOAT after all and I would say he should have been the starter all year this year. He's earned that. But he is clearly in decline and going into his age 43 season, that decline is going to get uglier by the week. And if we're being honest with ourselves, the Pats had a very easy slate the first half of the season where Tom was able to be Tom for the most part, but as the season wore on, he got hurt and the competition picked up. A lot of his good stats come from the first half of the season when the Pats were sleepwalking through the Jets, Skins and Giants. His decline has gotten so bad that now we're losing to the Phins at home, with a bye on the line.

He was also under contract for this season and is not for next season.
Yes he is in decline and that is a ****ing great decline.

If he had the 2014 offense his numbers would be better and people would relax

Not going to read through this useless derr herr thread.

Gronk - gone
Devlin - hurt/IR
Andrew's - hurt/IR
Wynn- IRd.

Oline was basically playing injured all season up until now and last week.

Receivers

Harry- rookie/ IR/ needs time
Edelman- mangled- one tough mfer
Dorsett?? I don't know
Sanu - injured but I admit he was disappointing today.
AB- whatever that was.
Gordon- unfortunately couldn't keep it going.
Etc
Etc

Running game just showed up in the last two weeks.

But der herr Brady's 42. Derr herr he's declining. How can we gauge that when all the above are factors? You can't.

Anyway it's been a tough freaking year for the whole team and yet they are still in the playoffs and still gutting it out.

Today was disappointing but we're on to next week.

By the way, who do you replace Brady with? It would have to be Stidham unless you want to sign a cast off for 20 mill + 14 mill dead cap hit.

When Dad Brady said it would end badly he was right. Not because of Tom or BB but because of the freaking spoiled ass entitled fans.

Shyt thread.
Football isn't a controlled experiment. No one team, from year to year, is the same. Many variables. Changes in personnel, different schedules, injuries, freaky weather, and so on. A lot of the evaluation is non-quantitative eyeball/gut test. Only way it ends well is when you go out on top.

It was a brutally POOR decision by the team & BB wanted no part of it. They sacraficed the future for nostalgia. F'n stupid!

Were you if this same opinion in 2017?

I can’t believe how many fans have either been mocking “Garoppolites” for the last two years, or now have 180’d in hindsight. Is anyone capable of understanding both the pros and the cons of the decision 2017??

Thank you. Its good to see that someone on this board is willing to tell the truth, even if the blind Bohu Brady crew goes nuts.

The fact of the matter is that they would have won last year with JG & they would have won this year with JG. And the Brady but boys & Bob Kraft ****ed it all up! Nothing like fighting the last war!
Garapollo isnt capable of what Brady did in Kansas City

[ year.[/QUOTE

Yes he is in decline and that is a ****ing great decline.

If he had the 2014 offense his numbers would be better and people would relax

The problem is the stats you quoted were mostly accumulated during the first half of the season when he was well-rested and playing a cupcake schedule. His decline in the 2nd half of this season was very noticeable and distinct. You seem to be forgetting the fact that he's 42 and QBs simply do not play at a high level past this age. You can make all the excuses you want to make, but QBs simply don't play this long. Yes, he's injured. You think his tennis elbow is just going to magically go away at age 42? You can use the stats to make any argument you want, but if you're going to look at his 2019 season and say "that's a pretty good decline!", please at least recognize that most of the good in there comes from the first half when we were yawning our way to multi-TD victories against suck teams. One of those suck teams beat the Pats at home today with a lot riding on it.

The problem is the stats you quoted were mostly accumulated during the first half of the season when he was well-rested and playing a cupcake schedule. His decline in the 2nd half of this season was very noticeable and distinct. You seem to be forgetting the fact that he's 42 and QBs simply do not play at a high level past this age. You can make all the excuses you want to make, but QBs simply don't play this long. Yes, he's injured. You think his tennis elbow is just going to magically go away at age 42? You can use the stats to make any argument you want, but if you're going to look at his 2019 season and say "that's a pretty good decline!", please at least recognize that most of the good in there comes from the first half when we were yawning our way to multi-TD victories against suck teams. One of those suck teams beat the Pats at home today with a lot riding on it.
I haven't forgotten anything.

The talent surrounding him this year was sub-standard.

Dolphins are now 5-4 in their last 9 sve 25ppg.

BB is 12-12 vs assistants.

All things considered he had a good year.

If you want to throw it all on Tom and keep it simple go ahead.

This makes no sense. Three super bowl appearances and two rings. WTF is wrong with you?

That was a great decision and one that most franchises wished they could make.

I haven't forgotten anything.

The talent surrounding him this year was sub-standard.

All things considered he had a good year.

It wasn't a bad year. My point is he is in obvious decline and if he was 35 years old, I wouldn't be as worried. He will be 43. His decline, if he's allowed another year with the Pats, will be accelerated greatly due to his age.

This makes no sense. Three super bowl appearances and two rings. WTF is wrong with you?

That was a great decision and one that most franchises wished they could make.
yep and the same people would have whined for 3 years about letting Brady get away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back