PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Today is 10th anniversary of the Butt Fumble

jimnance

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From Mark Sanchez to Zach Wilson(are they really the same guy?), the laughable antics of this clown show never cease.
But this is a special day in Jete history.
Raise a glass of your favorite beverage and rewatch the Butt Fumble.

When people say I troll the Jete, I say, no, they troll themselves!

The best proof of that is the Buttfumble!

A play so memorable that it has its own name and its own Wikipedia page!

Probably the best example of a team humiliating themselves on national TV!

Even worse, on national TV on Thanksgiving Day!

1669131197062.png

stillbetterthancassel.0.0.gif

I'm contractually (and morally) obligated to post a GIF for this. ;)

Somewhat lost in the ignominy of the Butt Fumble is Steve Gregory scooped it up and took it to the house which gave the Pats 3 count em 3 tds in 52 seconds!
Along with 35 pts in the 2nd qtr.
You can't make this **** up

On the next play. Pats kick off to the Jete and the KR fumbles into The Squirrel's hands for another TD. Good times!
Two of my favorite things are football and comedy. This was both. Lucky I didn't puke up a bunch turkey I was laughing so hard
The only thing that compares is that insane goofy Colts play

A date which will live in infamy.

On the next play. Pats kick off to the Jete and the KR fumbles into The Squirrel's hands for another TD. Good times!

Where I watched the game, people were still buzzing about the BF when the Squirrel TD happened... It almost went unnoticed...except by me...
Because I was (greatly) out-numbered, all I needed to do was raise both arms and in complete silence do a 360, stopping for just a second at each sector of the lobby until I was back facing the bar & the TV, when I took a long, bottle-killing drink of Sam Winter Lager... Satisfying...

That sequence reminds me of being at a comedy club, when the comic gets you laughing then hits you with another zinger. I was still laughing so hard at the buttfumble that when Edelman plucked that fumble out of the air for a score I had trouble catching my breath. Honestly, it's been 10 years since I laughed like that. I remember Chris Collinsworth saying of the buttfumble he'd never seen anything like it. The camera showed Wrecks on the sideline and you could read his lips, "Unf*ckingbelievable." :rofl:

Somewhat lost in the ignominy of the Butt Fumble is Steve Gregory scooped it up and took it to the house which gave the Pats 3 count em 3 tds in 52 seconds!
Along with 35 pts in the 2nd qtr.
You can't make this **** up
Even better, it all happened on their home field and on national TV on Thanksgiving Day!
So many humiliated fans having to drag their sad arses out that stadium knowing they were now a national laughing stock.
It was bad enough when their close friends and family had to pity them, now they knew the whole nation pitied them.
Ignominy, indeed!

I remember watching it at Thanksgiving dinner and all of us rewinding to it every commercial break and just doing a mock analysis over and over again.

I remember watching it at Thanksgiving dinner and all of us rewinding to it every commercial break and just doing a mock analysis over and over again.

We really should celebrate it with a cake or something.

The Pats were finally starting to play like they should and handle a mediocre Jets team. It was bizarre the Jets were giving them problems from 2009-2010 as they had some really mediocre rosters. Team's finally caught up to Rex's scheme's as they normally do and time was up for the Cinderella Jets.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back