PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tippett Mic’d Up

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Good stuff for any of the old school fans out there:

Was lucky enough to meet him many years ago and he’s still so strong that he crushed my hand when he shook it. Just a great guy and he was a terrific player.

Last edited:
Awesome...a true leader...i would love to have a playier like him now

And when i see our old uniforms i am still today astonished why we changed them...

Ian is your hand in order now ?

Awesome...a true leader...i would love to have a playier like him now

And when i see our old uniforms i am still today astonished why we changed them...

Ian is your hand in order now ?
Lol, it was fine. It’s just one of those things where you’re not expecting it and his hand was like steel, he’s still a tough dude ;)

Lol, it was fine. It’s just one of those things where you’re not expecting it and his hand was like steel, he’s still a tough dude ;)

He lived in Stoughton, MA in a community called Greenbrook along with several other Patriots in the 80's...I lived in the building next door to him. We went to the same karate school and would often spar against each other. It was beyond intimidating especially since I was just a teenager.

Last edited:
VIDEO: Check Out Andre Tippett Mic'd Up During The 1987 Patriots Season
Robert Alvarez
Patriots share classic footage of linebacker Andre Tippett mic'd up during the 1987 season.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I met AT, Bob Kraft and Jonathan at the AZ Pats fan club for Super Bowl 42. I didnt know that they were scheduled to be there and happened to be wearing a white 56 Tippet jersey. Andre signed it, but I had to eventually wash the jersey so its gone.

NEM (RIP) was there too. The funniest time was when Charlie Weis heard about all the letters that NEM had sent to Kraft complaining about the playcalling and Weis mailed NEM an autograph photo of himself from Pats camp.

Awesome player, humble guy. Had the Pats won in 85 he would have received the national recognition he deserved.

Man I would love a linebacking crew of Andre Tippett, Johnny Rembert, Steve Nelson, Clayton Weishuhn and Larry McGrew right now. Those 5 were probably the best LB crew New England has ever had.

Man I would love a linebacking crew of Andre Tippett, Johnny Rembert, Steve Nelson, Clayton Weishuhn and Larry McGrew right now. Those 5 were probably the best LB crew New England has ever had.

Tippett - McGrew - Nelson - Blackmon ... That 1985 crew was damn good.

Hell - I wonder what BB could have done with that defense. Besides those four, there was the talented rookie Garin Veris and crafty vet (and still very quick) Julius Adams at DE, and a very good secondary with Clayborn - Lippett - Marion - James.

Tippett - McGrew - Nelson - Blackmon ... That 1985 crew was damn good.

Hell - I wonder what BB could have done with that defense. Besides those four, there was the talented rookie Garin Veris and crafty vet (and still very quick) Julius Adams at DE, and a very good secondary with Clayborn - Lippett - Marion - James.

Forgot about Blackmon.

and Blackmon was the best one for a season and I'm not even bullshyting...Tip got all the press and was fantastic but NFL O coaches feared Blackmon more...

Awesome player, humble guy. Had the Pats won in 85 he would have received the national recognition he deserved.
LOL No he wouldn't.

This is the Patriots, remember?

Most of the heroes from six Super Bowl titles are completely anonymous even to rabid football fans.

I know who Jack Ham, Mel Blount, Jake Scott, Jim Kiick, Cliff Harris, Charlie Waters, Jim Burt, Joe Morris, Dwight Hicks, Randy Cross, Jim Marshall, Carl Eller, Willie Davis, Gilbert Brown, Russ Grimm and Dave Butz are.

People today don't know Troy Brown or Rob Ninkovich any more than they know Houston Antwine.

Tippett, Hannah, McGinest and Bruschi are still my favourite players of all time. Closely followed by Brady, Edelman and Slater.

LOL No he wouldn't.

This is the Patriots, remember?

Most of the heroes from six Super Bowl titles are completely anonymous even to rabid football fans.

I know who Jack Ham, Mel Blount, Jake Scott, Jim Kiick, Cliff Harris, Charlie Waters, Jim Burt, Joe Morris, Dwight Hicks, Randy Cross, Jim Marshall, Carl Eller, Willie Davis, Gilbert Brown, Russ Grimm and Dave Butz are.

People today don't know Troy Brown or Rob Ninkovich any more than they know Houston Antwine.
He’s in the hall of fame, so that’s some acknowledgment.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back