PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to trade for Marvin Bagley

Double TE

4 LIFE
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
He is unhappy in Sac and the Cs could use a PF that is athletic and on the same timeline as JB and JT. Send them Langford, Grant Williams, and two first rounders.

I would love that, but there is zero motivation for the kings to make that move.

Celtics are 8-4 and Tristan Thompson is playing really well ?

Celtics are 8-4 and Tristan Thompson is playing really well ?

The 'playing really well" Thompson vs Embiid

Game 1 .......TT 2 pts /9 reb.......JI 42 pts/10 reb
Game 2 .......TT 4 pts /5 reb.......JI 38 pts/11 reb

The Celtics are a finesse jump shooting team that aspires to be the 2015 Warriors (pre Durant) but without the once-in-a-generation snipers.

Ainge prefers midget scoring point guards....Tiny Thomas, Flat Earther Artist Kyrie, and Crumbling Kemba..... who have a 100% knack of breaking down before the playoffs over bonafide big men

Ainge's ideal big man is/was the perimeter based Al Horford who dazzled for 13 pts /7 reb nightly

Unfortunately, all Ainge's chips are cashed and a legit big man will never be seen in Boston unless on the opposing bench.
In the mean time, Brad will keep working the Globetrotter weave to free up his "stars" so they can iso with 5 seconds left on the clock.

Seeing how Embiid just manhandled this finesse group, now imagine Lebron and AD up against Boston's big men....Theis and Thompson

The Celtics are a finesse jump shooting team that aspires to be the 2015 Warriors (pre Durant) but without the once-in-a-generation snipers.

Ainge prefers midget scoring point guards....Tiny Thomas, Flat Earther Artist Kyrie, and Crumbling Kemba..... who have a 100% knack of breaking down before the playoffs over bonafide big men

Ainge's ideal big man is/was the perimeter based Al Horford who dazzled for 13 pts /7 reb nightly

Unfortunately, all Ainge's chips are cashed and a legit big man will never be seen in Boston unless on the opposing bench.
In the mean time, Brad will keep working the Globetrotter weave to free up his "stars" so they can iso with 5 seconds left on the clock.

Seeing how Embiid just manhandled this finesse group, now imagine Lebron and AD up against Boston's big men....Theis and Thompson

A high scoring big man doesn't fit this team though. We have Tatum who thinks he's Kobe 2.0 and Brown, both are very high usage players. Add Kemba there aren't enough shots left. We need a big man who basically plays D and rebounds which Thompson does well. I also think the Kyrie trade squandered a bunch of good capital, we could have possibly had Sexton instead of only Kyrie for a year.

Last edited:
A high scoring big man doesn't fit this team though.
How do we know this?

For starters I would offer up Smart's shot allotment
And maybe The Brad would cap Theis' 3 point adventures
We have Tatum who thinks he's Kobe 2.0 and Brown, both are very high usage players.
Notice any similarity to the Paul George / Bradley Beal Woeful Wizards of a few years ago ?

Add Kemba there aren't enough shots left.
Shots that Crumbling Kemba won't be on the floor to launch in the 4th quarters of tight games because his defensive liabilities only rival Tiny Thomas and Flat Earth Artist Kyrie
We need a big man who basically plays D and rebounds which Thompson does well.
Embiid and I laugh in your general direction
I also think the Kyrie trade squandered a bunch of good capital, we could have possibly had Sexton instead of only Kyrie for a year.

'Squander' is Ainge's middle name
Or is it 'I Love Tweeners with No Athleticism'

In the meantime, sit back and enjoy The Brad's weave / iso / launch / retreat party in action

Last edited:
How do we know this?

For starters I would offer up Smart's shot allotment
And maybe The Brad would cap Theis' 3 point adventures

Notice any similarity to the Paul George / Bradley Beal Woeful Wizards of a few years ago ?

Shots that Crumbling Kemba won't be on the floor to launch in the 4th quarters of tight games because his defensive liabilities only rival Tiny Thomas and Flat Earth Artist Kyrie

Embiid and I laugh in your general direction

'Squander' is Ainge's middle name
Or is it 'I Love Tweeners with No Athleticism'

In the meantime, sit back and enjoy The Brad's weave / iso / launch / retreat party in action

So how do you propose to get Bagley exactly ?

Any time you can get 13/7 and a guy who disappears in big moments for just $113 million dollars you have to do it, right? I mean, if you are an idiot. I really thought for a minute they signed him because Durant indicated he would sign there if got his buddy- Horford, then Durant screwed them. Then I remember some of the other insanely stupid things Ainge has done. He's just a moron.

doesnt sound like the Celtics are in the market to sign anyone and will revisit the team in the off season. Probably best since outside of getting Lebron, this team is going nowhere in the playoffs (if they make it). Might as well tank from this point on and regroup in the offseason.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back