PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football Ratbirds vs Bungles

Status
Not open for further replies.
34 - 23 Bengals. Good start for the Bengals at 2-0. Marvin Lewis setting the Bengals' fans up for another epic heartbreak. There is no question that he is the best man with more than 16 years as a head coach to never win a playoff game.

The "Red Rifle", JJ Watt or Gruden??, had a good night 4 TD's... Joe Flacco despite all the preseason hype, had a mediocre night, not surprised at all.

Both these teams are content with being a wild card and then losing the first game..

What an astonishingly stupid move to rotate Jackson in there with Flacco. Who is the de facto QB? Who's the leader? That's a move that's going to divide the locker room up in no time. Harbugger has outsmarted himself. I look forward to seeing him get canned at the end of the season when his team fails to make the playoffs again.

What an astonishingly stupid move to rotate Jackson in there with Flacco. Who is the de facto QB? Who's the leader? That's a move that's going to divide the locker room up in no time. Harbugger has outsmarted himself. I look forward to seeing him get canned at the end of the season when his team fails to make the playoffs again.

Not only that, but it also takes Flacco out of whatever rhythm he's able to get into. Positive things have not happened with they sub in Jackson. In either game. Another thing I noticed from what little I watched of this game last night was the loss of Mosley and how badly it impacted their defense. If he's done for the year, that's very bad news for the Ravens' D.

Not only that, but it also takes Flacco out of whatever rhythm he's able to get into. Positive things have not happened with they sub in Jackson. In either game. Another thing I noticed from what little I watched of this game last night was the loss of Mosley and how badly it impacted their defense. If he's done for the year, that's very bad news for the Ravens' D.

Mosely supposedly has a bone bruise. I honestly remember their D getting torched by Andy Dalton before Mosely went out.

Am I happy the Bengals won otherwise this would have triggered the annual "the scary Ravens" ******** posts.

On the other hand now we will just go to the other side of the spectrum and see people dismiss the Bengals and Dalton even though they actually dont look too bad so far.

It was autodrafted.

You need to start the defenses that play either the Bills or the Cowboys every week. That's my plan of attack in the early going. Of course, I went 0-3 in all 3 of my leagues in Week 1 so who knows if I'm the one you should be listening to.

Am I happy the Bengals won otherwise this would have triggered the annual "the scary Ravens" ******** posts.

On the other hand now we will just go to the other side of the spectrum and see people dismiss the Bengals and Dalton even though they actually dont look too bad so far.

As long as Marvin Lewis is their HC they won't be a threat to anyone.

How about the great game management at the end of the 1st half? There they are with a 28-7 lead and a minute and half left and they decide to go for more by throwing on three straight downs, all incomplete, and leave the Ratbirds all of their timeouts and plenty of time to score a TD and get back into the game, which they did.

I was just thinking about the other thing I noticed in that game, on the Baltimore bench. Jackson is an outgoing, fraternizing person who interacts with other players with ease. Flacco is aloof and doesn't really talk to his teammates.

Have to think that's going to cause tension, especially as Flacco has, so far, demonstrated no visible improvement in any area of his game this season.

As long as Marvin Lewis is their HC they won't be a threat to anyone.

How about the great game management at the end of the 1st half? There they are with a 28-7 lead and a minute and half left and they decide to go for more by throwing on three straight downs, all incomplete, and leave the Ratbirds all of their timeouts and plenty of time to score a TD and get back into the game, which they did.

All topped by Marvin Lewis calling a timeout for no good reason, which wiped out an OPI by Baltimore. It also gave them another shot at a TD.

I start to have sympathy for CLE in that division...

All topped by Marvin Lewis calling a timeout for no good reason, which wiped out an OPI by Baltimore. It also gave them another shot at a TD.

Well, Baltimore gave it back to them at the end of the game, when there was 3:35 on the clock, 4th down, clock running, trailing by 5,

Baltimore had 3 timeouts. Did they call one, saving about 40 seconds? No. Let the clock run, because reasons.

I start to have sympathy for CLE in that division...

The first team I rooted for before the Patriots came along was the Cleveland Browns. Back in the late 50's we were fed the NY Giants games here in the Boston area and once I saw Jim Brown run with the ball I was hooked.

I remember those days with Jim Brown whom I loved. My first exposure to the NFL. Hated the Giants with over rated Sam Huff whose specialty was piling on after another Giant had made the tackle.
It was also the last time I ever rooted for the Cowboys when Eddie LeBaron beat YA Tittle & the Jints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back