PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Throwbacks This season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody needs a nap and a cookie. Or maybe Xanax.

I love the current Uni's, but I prefer the more white, away Uni's.

I agree. But the rule is same exact helmet, every game of the year. I'm not sure why that is safer, but it must be for some reason, unless they are full of ****.
So did Jamie Collins paint his helmet, or what?

NFL=Stupidity

The uniform is pretty nice. The logo is the worst ever created and it even is a national disgrace because a "patriot" logo should be awesome instead of silly, stupid, and ridiculous..
It's the image of a decomposing corpse. Further, its origin is strictly from the same malevolent, Patriot-hating corps of imbeciles who detracted from the team's later success AND implemented corrupt penalties for imagined violations, creating an unfair competitive disadvantage in '07 and '15.

Kraft is the key. He simply must replace the cowardice, ignorance and stupidity he's employed toward the league the last twenty three years and replace it with the insight, determination, wisdom, courage and faith he demonstrated when he purchased the team and kept it here.

it's a ****y logo and sucks
It's perfectly understandable for people to feel like Captain; younger people knew/cared nothing about the Patriots when Kraft went along with it; then he proclaims Bledsoe the G.O.A.T. :rolleyes: and even on the brink of a dynasty Kraft still kept the fugly F.E. after Orthwein, Parcells, Bledsoe and the old stadium were finally, mercifully gone. The flying elvis is a vestige of a deluded, insulting 90's phase when an out of towner who had nothing but contempt for us summoned his marketing team to do a makeover after being here five minutes.

There very simply was a global following of the New England Patriots a decade before Kraft even bought the old track property. People who are real New Englanders, real football fans, really loyal to the the team and aware of its proud on-field history.

Pretending we're an expansion team or the Ravens is what Kraft espouses. I do not believe he was present at the stadium when the real logo was cheered and the impostor was booed; I do not believe he was moved at all when Darryl Stingley was lying motionless on the field in Oakland after midnight our time in the preseason of '78, and there is no way in the world I believe he loves or cares about this team the way all of us do who are not in any position of influence.

The simplest solution would be for him to rename the team. The New England Krafts. The Boston Corpses. The Bay State Zombies. That would be less insulting to real local football fans, who appreciated Gil and Gino doing games that were often blacked out, when we did not win championships but could at least see and root for our team.

Oh, and until and unless Kraft permanently restores our real logo and uniforms, you can just forget about the Patriots taking their rightful place in history alongside the great dynasties like the Packers, Cowboys, 49ers, Steelers etc. No number of Super Bowls and/or diamond-encrusted rings will make the flying elvis a legitimate, professional logo.

Tom Brady deserves better.

I think the pat patriot logo is kind of simplistic and not really professional. I do not really like it tbh.

I always loved the old white jerseys
The Patriots remind me of a young orphan whose adoptive father corroborated local and national media diatribes about how his natural parents were abusive and abandoned him. Later, after he becomes hugely successful and is victimized by false media propaganda himself, he realizes the lies told about his background were based on utter ignorance, hatred and contempt. Besides being totally pissed off at the cowardly, lying adoptive father, he is grateful to know he has a large, extended loving family with a rich history, many of whom are still around, that is loyal to him, win or lose.
th

You'll never see them again because of the concussion rules. Since the old helmets are a different color than the silver ones and the rules say you have to wear the same helmet the whole season (unless it's broken) you'll never see the Pats in those uniforms again. Sure, they'll sell throwbacks with current players names on them in the pro shop but never again on the field.

really? I much prefer the Red ones, I'd rather have the color rush jerseys over the white ones
The whiteys would just be for the road...they look cooler - and more intimidating - than silly colored pants etc.

I despise NY, but they at least have got their uni's right. Like Yankees.
bo9mpgsayv9xlbt4t0i0cieb6.gif
yeaink2n2tybieusohgzfb0ch.gif
Their football teams had this stupid look for a while; Giants even won two Super Bowls with it (and Bill and Bill)

th
th
Ugh. I hate the Rangers, and got lots of laughs seeing them like this, but ultimately they restored the look of a real NHL team; Stanley Cup-serious, traditional and real:
th
th
th

th
th
Since 1993, everybody has been laughing at us, and denigrating us not because we win (other teams win, too) but because our owner doesn't stand up for us. We need to see that change.
th
th
th
th
th
th
th

Here's my take........

The Flying Elvis look is weird, I'll concede that point......but I've known it for so long it's grown on me. As others have pointed out, we've won five Super Bowls with this logo so I consider it a 'winning look'.

Plus, I might be pointing out the obvious here, but 'a guy bending over' is probably appropriate for how the Patriots played prior to the Bledsoe/Brady eras. Let's keep that logo in the past.

I've only read this page but this thread is already golden. Does page 1 have the same level of insanity? I could look but I'm afraid page 1 might be a let down.

Here's my take........

The Flying Elvis look is weird, I'll concede that point......but I've known it for so long it's grown on me. As others have pointed out, we've won five Super Bowls with this logo so I consider it a 'winning look'.

Plus, I might be pointing out the obvious here, but 'a guy bending over' is probably appropriate for how the Patriots played prior to the Bledsoe/Brady eras. Let's keep that logo in the past.
th
Well, I've been eating Soylent Green since I was little, in 1993, and they said it's much better than what we ate before, and of course they're right! After all, they said opioids aren't addictive! And we did win five Super Bowls with it! Those old people, they say that fresh grown, organic food is "real" and healthier, but I'm just used to Soylent Green!
100px-New_England_Patriots_logo.svg.png

soylentgreen_ad.jpg

It is possible regardless of what logo you prefer. Case in point:
gettyimages-615192438.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

gettyimages-498617384.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes