PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Three local idiots discuss Hernadez via Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you people knew the things that I've done for the city of Boston, i'm sure you wouldn't talk to me with this blatant disrespect... Not only did I give $5,000 dollars of my own money to the Boston Marathon Victims... But I, along with others from my congregation founded a church donation rally for the victims, raising over 10k together... And as for my haters.... I just wish Abe Lincoln was here to hear these guys keep bringing up race into every topic... I think..... He'd be ashamed at what it as all become... God Bless

Typical. You have to tell people how awesome you are as a Christian for doing what should be done NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Abe Lincoln would be appalled that you understand so little of him. Lincoln was hardly an abolitionist. The Emancipation Proclamation was largely to garner support from the British so that the British would stop helping the Confederates.

Lincoln supported segregation and doubted blacks were the intellectual equals of whites.

While it is true he was more progressive on the idea of ending slavery than others even in his own Cabinet, he was hardly above the idea of race being an issue. Do actual historical research and you might be surprised how many shades of grey there are to the man you admire in black and white.

You know what is ,Benny...half these people are religious zealots for whom Tebow is a lightning rod...their rudimentary knowledge of NFL football gives them a toe hold with which to promulgate their agenda. Most so far fail to see that THIS board and this fanbase, for the most part, are very intelligent, rabid ,devoted FOOTBALL fans. I can't remember the last time we were divided here because of religion or even politics , which is another lightning rod topic.

Tip for those who wish to proselytize...seek life elsewhere....THIS is a football forum, not an adoration convention.

You know what is ,Benny...half these people are religious zealots for whom Tebow is a lightning rod...their rudimentary knowledge of NFL football gives them a toe hold with which to promulgate their agenda. Most so far fail to see that THIS board and this fanbase, for the most part, are very intelligent, rabid ,devoted FOOTBALL fans. I can't remember the last time we were divided here because of religion or even politics , which is another lightning rod topic.

Tip for those who wish to proselytize...seek life elsewhere....THIS is a football forum, not an adoration convention.

I for one can't stand when Tebow's religion is brought into a football conversation. He's religious, so what? But I don't think half of his fans are religious zealots, maybe 2-3% if that. I'm also distinguishing between zealots and the typical Christians here.

I agree with you though, a football forum is no place for proselytizing.

If you people knew the things that I've done for the city of Boston, i'm sure you wouldn't talk to me with this blatant disrespect... Not only did I give $5,000 dollars of my own money to the Boston Marathon Victims... But I, along with others from my congregation founded a church donation rally for the victims, raising over 10k together... And as for my haters.... I just wish Abe Lincoln was here to hear these guys keep bringing up race into every topic... I think..... He'd be ashamed at what it as all become... God Bless
PatsFans Administrators/Moderators ... Clearly our boy American_Champion is spouting off with the sole intention of getting a rise out of the PatsFans members. I completely agree with what Ironman44 said, "You come off sounding like a parody of a Tebow fan imagined by a Tebow hater. just so you know.".
I get that the PatsFans forum is different than so many others and I appreciate that you are unique. "This aint no Jest circus."
But, I get the feeling that AC is really a PatsFans member only to stir the pot. My take only.

Great Forum. Thanks!

no...he is not a Pats fan AFAIC...he's Eternal Champion the Jets Insider troll , who, having lost his hook into Jet fan nation, has decided to try his moronic hand here....and what is more patriotic than "Amercan"??... I got it!!! I'll change my name to AMERICAN champion...those $uckers will never know!!!...it's late night on a holiday...one of the mods will spot his idiocies tomorrow and he'll be...well...to put it in religious terms...martyred.

lol, You know he can't wait to get to 50 posts so he can start threads that belong on twilight zone forums. Then again he might not make it that long...

the night is young ,Robbo

Yes, Joker. There is quite a few "posters" that are very "friendly" lately. The green team has lost all hope this season,... AGAIN:D . This is the best JI... er, I mean those little boys can muster. I do love the desperation of it all tho. Foot on the throat. :rocker:

There is no need to insult posters who are Christian and or support Tebow. Also you shouldn't be questioning the extent of their football knowledge. Your post is disrespectful towards Christians calling us religious zealots. We should try to be tolerant of everyone. If any poster wants to talk about God and football they should be able to do it as long as they are not insulting other posters. God Bless!

There is no need to insult posters who are Christian and or support Tebow. Also you shouldn't be questioning the extent of their football knowledge. Your post is disrespectful towards Christians calling us religious zealots. We should try to be tolerant of everyone. If any poster wants to talk about God and football they should be able to do it as long as they are not insulting other posters. God Bless!

Join date: July 2013. Ends his posts the same way. Confuses the issue.

Either this is Msr. Champion again or.....he has a twin.

You think this is bad, I have a friend from Jacksonville who thinks that Tebow is the "moral fiber the Patriots needed." I have absolutely no idea why Belichick would bring this circus show to town. He can't throw a football, hasn't shown anything in general on the football field, and is basically the Kim Kardasian of football...famous for being famous.

Join date: July 2013. Ends his posts the same way. Confuses the issue.

Either this is Msr. Champion again or.....he has a twin.

Nope we are two different people. Many people say God bless in person and on message boards.

You think this is bad, I have a friend from Jacksonville who thinks that Tebow is the "moral fiber the Patriots needed." I have absolutely no idea why Belichick would bring this circus show to town. He can't throw a football, hasn't shown anything in general on the football field, and is basically the Kim Kardasian of football...famous for being famous.

There has been a deliberate "deconstruction" of Tim Tebow by
sports commentators and other "so-called" NFL experts. I am not calling its a
conspiracy, but a "bandwagon" campaign to demonize Tim - and it has
been successful. In 12-16 months he has fallen from a quarterback who
set five PASSING records in a playoff game to a football player (not a
quarterback) who: 1. Will never be an NFL quarterback, 2. Can't pass,
3. can't read defenses, 4. Has terrible footwork, 5. Has terrible arm
motion, and 6. Comes with so much "baggage" that no sane coach would
want him on his team. These alleged deficiencies are not now the
opinions of individual commentators , but made to out to facts

The fact that he led the Broncos to a 7 and 4 record in 2011 after
those same Broncos started the season 1 and 4, and then won a playoff
game when he set the five PASSING records previously mentioned is
ignored or trivialized. In those 11 regular season games Tim threw 271
passes and completed 126. This was accomplished with a subpar group of
receivers who, in addition to having a tough time getting open, dropped
many well-thrown balls (6 against the Bears, 4 against the Vikings, 3
against the Chiefs; and only 8 were thrown).

As to the alleged "baggage" that Tim brings with him - 99% of that
"baggage" has been created by the media - those very people who
continually find reasons why Tim is not, and never will be, an NFL
quarterback. It wasn't his fans that brought those TV cameras and
reporters to the Jet's training camp; and it wasn't his fans that were
talking every day about Tim Tebow on their sports programs!

These same "experts" frequently state that if you are going to play
Tim Tebow, you will have to completely rewrite your playbook to
accommodate his style of play, and this is not easily done or
desirable. Nonsense! The basic set (in a Tebow play from scrimmage)
is a "read-option." Every NFL team has this in their playbook.
Carolina, Washington and San Francisco seem to do well with quarterbacks
who work out of this set. Tim did well in Denver using this system
despite having a coach and general manager who resented his presence.

Along that line (and this is just my opinion), I suspect that Rex
Ryan's reluctance to use Tim as a quarterback for any extended period of
time was the fear that Tim would be successful and thereby create a
"difficult" quarterback situation that Rex Ryan did not want to face.

Tim Tebow has proven that he can be a successful NFL quarterback and
it is a crime that he is not being given the opportunity to again win
some games for an NFL team.

Just because he was a backup QB for the New York Jets and Just because they didn't play him doesn't mean he sucks. It's bandwagon logic IMO.

Tim Tebow has done alot of good in this world. His foundation has built children's hospitals all over the U.S and in many third world countries including the Philippines. Unlike the kardashians he's famous for being a good football player and he's famous for all the great work he has down with his foundation to help sick children. Nevertheless, Tim, is a wonderful Christian who can throw a football. He's is what the NFL needs.

He's a sub 50 percent passer. He has horrible mechanics. He's shown zero willingness to change position.

Read option will be a fad because in the NFL, superior athletes and scheming will soon negate its effectiveness. Read option will be a fad because it subjects the quarterback to tremendous risk. Quarterbacks are the most highly paid players on the field. Teams will not risk starting quarterbacks to injury because of the financial ramifications.

No quarterback WHOSE ONLY SKILL IS RUNNING has ever won a Super Bowl and for good reason. They wear down over a 16 game regular season and 3 game playoff series. Look at the Super Bowl winners and find me a quarterback who had no other talent than running.

He's also doing tremendous damage to this world with his advocacy against birth control and endorsement of institutions like Liberty University who spew some of the most hate-filled rhetoric I've ever heard. He's a fool who thinks his own experiences with abortion apply to everyone. He would prefer to remove the right to the choice his mother made.

I could go on but.... I doubt you'd like that.

He's a sub 50 percent passer. He has horrible mechanics. He's shown zero willingness to change position.

Read option will be a fad because in the NFL, superior athletes and scheming will soon negate its effectiveness. Read option will be a fad because it subjects the quarterback to tremendous risk. Quarterbacks are the most highly paid players on the field. Teams will not risk starting quarterbacks to injury because of the financial ramifications.

No quarterback WHOSE ONLY SKILL IS RUNNING has ever won a Super Bowl and for good reason. They wear down over a 16 game regular season and 3 game playoff series. Look at the Super Bowl winners and find me a quarterback who had no other talent than running.

He's also doing tremendous damage to this world with his advocacy against birth control and endorsement of institutions like Liberty University who spew some of the most hate-filled rhetoric I've ever heard. He's a fool who thinks his own experiences with abortion apply to everyone. He would prefer to remove the right to the choice his mother made.

I could go on but.... I doubt you'd like that.

If your mom had a difficult pregnancy with you, and doctors advised her to have an abortion, but didn't. You would probably be pro life too like Tim. I disagree with your entire post as it is very one sided. I commend Tim for everything he's done. You can go on. You just are ant- christian and have alot of hate for those who stand for Jesus. It's unfortunate really, but God loves you and everyone else regardless.

No, I wouldn't because unlike Tim, I respect a mother's right to choose. My mother was being pressured by family and friends to abort me and she didn't. And I respect her more since it WAS a choice. It was her decision. No law forced her to keep me. Removing that right removes the power of that choice. If it was illegal for her to have done otherwise, what meaning does not aborting have?

Do the research I suggested. I already have. Check the numbers. Check the statistics. Running quarterbacks in the NFL have always been around and people always have said they are the wave of the future. Randall Cunningham, Daunte Culpepper, Michael Vick. EDIT: Forgot Doug Flutie. They don't win championships. Sure, Tim'll win some games in the regular season for you. No championships. Their bodies just won't last. Steve Young and John Elway won their Super Bowls AFTER they largely abandoned their running games late in their careers and used their superior pocket passing skills to win.

Typical. You have to tell people how awesome you are as a Christian for doing what should be done NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Abe Lincoln would be appalled that you understand so little of him. Lincoln was hardly an abolitionist. The Emancipation Proclamation was largely to garner support from the British so that the British would stop helping the Confederates.

Lincoln supported segregation and doubted blacks were the intellectual equals of whites.

While it is true he was more progressive on the idea of ending slavery than others even in his own Cabinet, he was hardly above the idea of race being an issue. Do actual historical research and you might be surprised how many shades of grey there are to the man you admire in black and white.

The level of which you miss represent Lincoln's thoughts ( of which there is a lifetime of material that he wrote and spoke about ) is staggering .

Lincoln was for a certain type of segragation as a solution to difficult problem. It is disenginious to say " he was for segration" without giving any historical context In no way did Lincoln feel blacks were inferior.

If you actually research Lincoln's statements on these matters (not just half-sentences ripped out of context), you find that from the early 1850s on he argued, on many, many occasions, that blacks were part of the "all men" of the Declaration of Independence and were entitled to the rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Lincoln insisted that slavery was a moral evil, though one that the Constitution did not allow government or the president to simply do away with. His solution was that slavery must not allowed to spread.

It's bat **** crazy I am having to defend Lincoln , really with all due respect , you have a goofy half researched half truth tin foil hat view on Lincoln.

I'm not hi jacking thread so fire away with your extremely shady understanding of Lincoln, I won't answer after this post .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes