PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This was the plan if the Seahawks hadn't jumped offsides at the end of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark12

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
344.0.gif

:p:D

If no offside, you would not post the same thread three times.

JK

on Bennett too iirc.

He's one of the Seahawks I'd have a lot of time for.

I remember BB on film in a practice ( A Football Life IIRC), talking to his O about goal line situations and how if you are called for illegal procedure it is only a half yd, but if the D is pulled off it is five yards. Thought of that when I saw the reaction to the offside, Brady probably did a hard count, based on his and BB reaction.

Last edited:
I remember BB on film in a practice, talking to his O about goal line situations and how if you are called for illegal procedure it is only a half yd, but if the D is pulled off it is five yards. Thought of that when I saw the reaction to the offside, Brady probably did a hard count, based on his and BB reaction.

I saw Tommy LomBrady talking about it and he said that he added an extra head bob.

Brady called it the first triple-head-bob of the day.

Interesting question, though - what do you do if there's not enough room for a kneel-down in a situation like that, where a safety gives the other team a real chance?

I just posted in one of the other threads:

Shotgun, roll out right, wait until last second, throw the ball away, as far as you can in play. if they've got a deep center-fielder, throw it far and out of bounds, again, outside the tackles so no grounding.

But.. but.. look at the OL... all eligible linemen, and all quarterbacks! (Since they have QB numbers.)

That's brilliant! Make all the receivers and RB ineligible and make the entire line eligible and all quarterbacks. The number of plays you could dream up with this formation would be dizzying, and would be so confusing, it'd be good for a 110 yard play.

Confirming that Brady called it the "triple head bob" that did them in..

Another example of how well coached this team is, soon we will hear how they have practiced this throughout the season..

I remember BB on film in a practice ( A Football Life IIRC), talking to his O about goal line situations and how if you are called for illegal procedure it is only a half yd, but if the D is pulled off it is five yards. Thought of that when I saw the reaction to the offside, Brady probably did a hard count, based on his and BB reaction.

Yeah. One of my first classes in B school was a Case about the concept of "Cost of Overage" vs. "Cost of Underage," where you had to decide what constituted optimal behavior based on the risks associated with outcomes based on "too much" or "too little" of whatever was at stake.

In this case, the risk of losing a few inches to an Illegal Motion call was astronomically outweighed by the advantage of the Seahawks' taking a five yard encroachment penalty, especially when you have a QB who invariably can "sneak" for at least a yard and probably two. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a Rodgers-esque hard count or if an interior lineman moved his hand a centimeter where only the Defensive Lineman could see it...and I certainly wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Pats had practiced it.

Brady called it the first triple-head-bob of the day.

Interesting question, though - what do you do if there's not enough room for a kneel-down in a situation like that, where a safety gives the other team a real chance?

I just posted in one of the other threads:

Shotgun, roll out right, wait until last second, throw the ball away, as far as you can in play. if they've got a deep center-fielder, throw it far and out of bounds, again, outside the tackles so no grounding.

Too risky, especially for a QB who is not know for his fleetness of foot.

Think of all the things that can go catastrophically wrong:
We all know that Seattle has at least one guy who can leap over the line; maybe they've practiced it for just this situation. You already know Brady's only going to roll out to the right.
A Defensive Lineman could beat a block and tackle a tired and slow Brady.
It's late in the game. It's not crazy that Brady might stumble before he's outside the tackle box.

The only high percentage play was the sneak, where Brady goes low and gives up his body and I've never seen him fumble the ball or pick up less than a yard, which is all that was needed to run out the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST