PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This TE class is absolutely loaded - let's pick one up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not be surprised to see the Pats NOT draft a TE. I could see them signing several as UDFAs. Really depends on what the Pats do in FA though.

Bennett is probably leaving and Gronk has had too many injuries and surgeries, I think is worth getting one of the top TE's in the draft at 32 if we get another first for Garopollo that would be used to trade down or get a stud defensive player. If no trade then I think the #32 must be used on defense, but TE is kind of a need.
The reports of Gronk's demise are greatly exaggerated. He's a guy who plays a high impact position and still managed to play 80% of the possible regular season games during his 7 year career. Every NFL player is one play away from a season or career ending injury, why are so many fans focused solely on Gronk. Over the past 3 seasons Hightower has only played in around 75% of his games, and fans here can't wait to pay him $13MM/yr for the privilege. Why not the same concerns for him?

Don't get me wrong we absolutely have a need for a TE, even if Bennett stays. But it should be a developmental one like Shaheen in the 4th or lower. And if Bennett leaves, then we will need a FA vet to fill that void, and there are several to choose from.

Don't forget that our first round pick essentially just gives us first shot at the best 2nd round talent to begin with, so it is important not to waste that opportunity to fill some very apparent defensive holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST