PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This needs to be addressed: What kicker will the Pats Sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect them to bring in a couple of young cheap undrafted guys to compete for the job. They have done a pretty good job of identifying young kickers in the past when they brought in a guy to rest Adam's leg in the preseason.

Last year's guy Robbie Gould eseentially put up the same #s in chicago that Adam did here on FGs. Adam was 16/17 inside 40 yards, 4/8 outside. Gould was 18/19 inside 40, 3/8 outside.

dhamz said:
I expect them to bring in a couple of young cheap undrafted guys to compete for the job. They have done a pretty good job of identifying young kickers in the past when they brought in a guy to rest Adam's leg in the preseason.

Last year's guy Robbie Gould eseentially put up the same #s in chicago that Adam did here on FGs. Adam was 16/17 inside 40 yards, 4/8 outside. Gould was 18/19 inside 40, 3/8 outside.
Gould was a great UDFA...He had opportunities to sign with other clubs, but wanted to learn..as he said "from the best"..he must have learned a lot as he is doing finr in Chicago. The year before, it was P/K Coby Sates..who was with Houston and now..may be available..I think he was a much better punter than a kicker..but nonetheless...he was in Europe. In 03, they didn't bring a kicker to TC, but later in the season had Travis Dorsch on the Practice Sqd...He's kicking in the NFLE, Giants...and had been with GB. I agree..they have found some good ones...but now is for real..so..it will be interesting!!

currently all NFL Europe Kickers are under contract with NFL teams Oakland has 2

Pats726 said:
Would the Patriots keep two kickers??? I am thinking a vet and a rookie...why two?? So the rookie would be eased in and NOT all of a sudden being compared to the next AV. Just a thought...clutch kickers are hard to find..but I bet there are now all kinds of kickers..AFL, CFL that may be thinking they can do it....which is NOT a bad position to be in. I would have rather have had AV stay, but we all would have...nuff said...but having two would help in my mind pyschologically...but I doubt they will waste a roster spot like that...
I believe they did, AV and Phil Dawson who is now with Cleveburgh.

maverick4 said:
I find it unlikely that out of millions of kickers in the world, the 32 in the NFL right now are the only ones that are good enough.
Many of the 32 in the NFL aren't good enough. I'm always blown away that so many teams have poor kickers. You'd think the NFL could find 32 decent kickers out of the 6,525,486,603 people on earth.

Box_O_Rocks said:
I believe they did, AV and Phil Dawson who is now with Cleveburgh.
Wasn't Dawson allocated to there??? I know AV was picked up from there..the 2st year of the NFLE..World Football

dhamz said:

In comparitively gauging a rookie replacement, when he was 23 Adam's longest FG in his rookie season was 50, 10 years later it was 49. Gould has yet to hit beyond 45. And at that age Adam's KO's averaged 64.1 with 9 touchbacks, this year 61.7 with 10 touchbacks, while Gould averaged 61.5 as a rookie with no touchbacks.

Maybe he'll be as good as Adam when he's 33, and maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick