PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This just digs salt in the wound

dig salt in the wound.....first time I've ever run across THAT specific saying...RUB salt in the wound, OK..I understand that but DIG? You're gonna take a shovel and DIG into a wound? Wha??????????
Isn't removing salt via 'digging' a positive ?

"Digging" gets a bad rap

Walk Booger GIF by Foo Fighters

Last edited:
Nice of them to extend the Dynasty even after it is gone. I’ll laugh even harder if they are still talking about 3 years from now. They have suffered severe trauma.
Imagine being a fan of your local team that loses 4 Superbowls in a row before going on to be irrelevant in its division for 20 years.

Eh, whatever, they still have to play in Buffalo, the armpit of America. Let ‘em have a flicker of hope.

They (media, others players , fan bases) have literally been saying this for like 15 years now.

What rubbed Salt in the wound was when it was obvious we were not going to have a prayer... Josh Allen tosses his 5th TD to a rookie offensive linemen.

It's doesn't equal out to 20 years of being dominated but BOY it stings.

Usually you talk that kind of mess when you’ve actually done something in this league.

Coming from any Bills player it’s comical.i’m sorry but the Pats have had so much success its hard to take anything seriously from media, players or fans alike. Yeah, it’s kind of gone to our heads, sorry.

I don’t think as fans they’ll ever know what its like to follow a team that’s won six subwrbowls and been to lik3 a gazzilion afc championships and superbowls. Sometimes jts mind numbing when you think about all the success.the Patriots have had. But oh boy, my feeling are hurt that fans and players alike take the time to rip the Pats in hopes of getting them out of their heads.

Imagine being a fan of your local team that loses 4 Superbowls in a row before going on to be irrelevant in its division for 20 years.

Do I have to?

I don't blame him for it at all.
I did worse than that in Little League.

they've been talking about the end of an era for 3 years. They talked about that in 2019.
It's well past the end of an era - that ended when Brady left. Now we're building a new era. I can't wait for Pats to beat the Bills next year.
They will be Pats motivation all offseason and camp.
What's taking a lot of getting used to is before the Patriots would get pissed off and feel disrespected and that meant the other teams @$$....this edition of the Patriots didn't bat an eyelash, shrugged their shoulders and took it laying down.......I just can't get used to it but that's where we are. Until they get some fiery leadership (Rodney, Brady, Vrabel, Bru, Law, Jules, Willie) I just don't see those times returning. It feels like they just play the games out and if they don't win so be it.

Without a QB you aint winning no rings.

I have serious doubts about Mac.
At least give him the benefit of a shot at the second year leap?

Last edited:
nope, he is done, can't imrpove and will not improve

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

having some doubts about his ceiling and where he will be in 5 years from now is okay, but pretending Mac was absolute crap shows how biased the people are and that they still have only Prime Brady in their heads with whom they compare a rookie QB

you can't buy someone patience

First off, year 2 is harder for some QBs. See Tom Brady.

Secondly, having doubts or concerns is not the definition of pulling the plug.

nope, he is done, can't imrpove and will not improve

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

having some doubts about his ceiling and where he will be in 5 years from now is okay, but pretending Mac was absolute crap shows how biased the people are and that they still have only Prime Brady in their heads with whom they compare a rookie QB

you can't buy someone patience
dunk fail GIF

This place is never short of drama.

Without a QB you aint winning no rings.

I have serious doubts about Mac.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I know Mac Jones is the right QB for the Patriots future. Nothing predicts future success more for the Patriots than you saying they will fail. Thank God Belichick wasn’t listening to people like you when he chose Brady over Bledsoe. Mac Jones future is bright indeed.

Really? Brady won a Super Bowl in his second year.

Saying they won’t win without a QB isn’t a “ doubt” or “ concern,” it’s a prediction of failure.

I think Buffalo will win the SB this year, and I want them to win. Then next year we'll see how well they do with a target on their backs every week and minus a couple of coaches that will probably get plundered.

This is where every franchise with hopes of becomiing the next dynasty falls apart. Once the QB gets the big $$$ they start losing key players to free agency, and the coaching staffs and up and coming front office personnel get plundered, and they can’t replace all the quality people they lose. Only time will tell what will happen with the Bills, and they still haven’t won even one Lombardi.

If you think that's bad you should have heard what BB was saying in the locker room about the Panthers before Super Bowl 38.

Motivational speeches like that happens all the time. Sometimes they're taped by Antonio Brown. LOL

Belichick likes to discuss parade routes.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I know Mac Jones is the right QB for the Patriots future. Nothing predicts future success more for the Patriots than you saying they will fail. Thank God Belichick wasn’t listening to people like you when he chose Brady over Bledsoe. Mac Jones future is bright indeed.
Igor

The fact that you are in Macs corner is the kiss of death.

Saying they won’t win without a QB isn’t a “ doubt” or “ concern,” it’s a prediction of failure.

Its a fact.

Allen, Rodgers, Burrow, Mahomes. Brady, Stafford. Jimmy is a fraud and Tannehill will only get there if the Tenn run game and defense is lights out.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back